• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

This is the first time i play NEJ.

Because the situation of Black Wyrm Lair :new_bottom: i have to ask here.

I have question about the end of the NEJ. Where CHARNAME is going to end up. Back to Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602) or somewhere else?

Also are more than 3 NPCs at Icewind Dale (Dar,Hrothgar,Accalia)? I think that others are at BG2 areas.

I know that NEJ is not finished so i have been wondering how far the Icewind Dale story is going to progress and what about add-on Heart of Winter is it present in NEJ (i have noticed some Lonelywood related things in BCS)?

Happy BWP gaming to all BG fans :cheers:

Edited by micbaldur, 03 June 2011 - 02:02 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Thanks to all for answers.

Now after finishing the NEJ Icewind Dale i have a new questions.

Does Hrothgar, Dar, Melora and Leina have any quests at SoA other than finding Leina. I need the party slots for other NPCs.

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Thanks to all for answers.

Perhaps there's just not much people to play it nowadays. I, for one, being as hardcore fan of slapping everything and some on my BWP, haven't installed NeJ in the last few runs.

From what's left in my memory, though, I could tell you that Hrothgar is needed for the second part of NeJ story, which is Halruaan magic school or somesuch. Actually, it's highly possible that he must be in the party until NeJ plot ends if only to protect Charname from scripted death.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#4 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

So you only have finished Part 1? Only Hrothgar is needed for part 2. Dump him after finishing Hulraa (sp?).

Edited by Chevalier, 25 May 2011 - 12:07 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#5 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

By the way, I was pretty damn sure I've had a walkthrough for NeJ on my hdd, but apparently I'm not. Could I ask for a copy please if anyone still have it? :)

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

Perhaps there's just not much people to play it nowadays. I, for one, being as hardcore fan of slapping everything and some on my BWP, haven't installed NeJ in the last few runs.
From what's left in my memory, though, I could tell you that Hrothgar is needed for the second part of NeJ story, which is Halruaan magic school or somesuch. Actually, it's highly possible that he must be in the party until NeJ plot ends if only to protect Charname from scripted death.

Could be and and i apologize everyone who feels offended. I'm playing currently and i get easily annoyed while playing. :whistling:

This is the first time i play NEJ so i don't know anything about it.

So you only have finished Part 1? Only Hrothgar is needed for part 2. Dump him after finishing Hulraa (sp?).

When and where this part 2 is supposed to begin. I have other NPC quests waiting in line and many romances to pursue.

By the way, I was pretty damn sure I've had a walkthrough for NeJ on my hdd, but apparently I'm not. Could I ask for a copy please if anyone still have it? :)

I could really use one also.

#7 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

When and where this part 2 is supposed to begin. I have other NPC quests waiting in line and many romances to pursue.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's kinda time counter triggered, might be tied to chapter number as well. Hrothgar will tell you when it's time and i hope there's some sanity checks to make sure it won't happen in the middle of Brinnlaw, so just do your usual mainland-ish stuff but pay attention to what's Hrothgar have to say.

BTW, second part is a bitch to solve without walkthrough, neither it's a cakewalk even if you had it. That's why I've abandoned NeJ - it's scripted so that you're either doing Halruaa or dying for good because of not doing it.

Edited by Creepin, 25 May 2011 - 12:57 PM.

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, it's kinda time counter triggered, might be tied to chapter number as well. Hrothgar will tell you when it's time and i hope there's some sanity checks to make sure it won't happen in the middle of Brinnlaw, so just do your usual mainland-ish stuff but pay attention to what's Hrothgar have to say.

BTW, second part is a bitch to solve without walkthrough, neither it's a cakewalk even if you had it. That's why I've abandoned NeJ - it's scripted so that you're either doing Halruaa or dying for good because of not doing it.

Thanks for info.

Then i have to wait. Hopely it won't happen in the middle of the other big mods (RoT,CtB,SoS,TDD,TS) quests (it's hard to get get back to those areas that aren't in worldmap). I do all quests that i can before i go to Brynnlaw.

#9 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Part 2 starts shortly (a day or 3) after leaving Irenacaus' Dungeon. Hrothgar demands you go with him to Ulcaster.

Attached File  NeJ2__Part_1.doc   67.5K   1230 downloads

Attached File  NeJ2__Part_2.doc   42K   1173 downloads

Edited by Chevalier, 25 May 2011 - 02:12 PM.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#10 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

Yes, that was exactly the guide that I was looking for, thanks :)

Edited by Creepin, 25 May 2011 - 02:23 PM.

#11 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

Part 2 starts shortly (a day or 3) after leaving Irenacaus' Dungeon. Hrothgar demands you go with him to Ulcaster.

Thank you very much. You rock. :cheers:

#12 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:26 AM

While playing i notice little imcompability between NEJ and Alternatives mods.

NEJ locks the door to Vulova Estate at Government with key (Govan's Key (KEYVULOV.ITM)) and only way you get the key is taking the Bodhi offer instead of Gaylen Bayle or choices that Alternatives offers.

Well i think that it's easily fixed by changing NEJ key to open entrance inside the Vulova Estate.

#13 -Silent_A-

-Silent_A-

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

Oh, I thought about it, but there was no time to check up it in game... So it works? May I take in party Leina, but not joining to Bodhi? Of course, only if installed Alternatives...

#14 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Oh, I thought about it, but there was no time to check up it in game... So it works? May I take in party Leina, but not joining to Bodhi? Of course, only if installed Alternatives...

Well i haven't tried but if you CLUA:Console key you might get Leina. My main problem with access to Vulova Estate is Exnem Vault mod items, i want them.

Alternatives installed or not has anything to do with getting Leina. Mod doesn't lock the door to Vulova Estate.

Maybe i try to get Leina without Bodhi later tonight when i start to play session (i have no problems with cheating :P ).

#15 -Silent_A-

-Silent_A-

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

Ok, the next month I will try, then I will inform on result.

#16 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

While playing NEJ at Halruaa i encounter 3 hanging cutscenes.

First one is when i talk to Xan (TT0069.ARE) for the reward for completing Xan's Enchantment Test.

VPCutT11.bcs:
Spoiler

Second one is same area (TT0069.ARE). I'm also asking Phineas for reward completing Phineas' Abjuration Test.

VPCutT20.bcs:
Spoiler

Third one is when i enter area (TT0068) RayVon & Ayana cutscene starts.

VPCutT23.bcs:
Spoiler

All end up at same way that cutscene end then nothing happens i don't get control of charname, nothing happens, no GUI. I have to ALT-TAB out of game and then close it. Game doesn't CTD or freeze.

I don't know what causes these hangs and i don't know how to fix them. Other than not talking to Xan or Phineas.

RayVon cutscene is avoidable by SetGlobal("VP_Leaving_Halruaa","GLOBAL",1).

Edited by micbaldur, 02 June 2011 - 09:40 PM.

#17 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

Well i managed to fix those hanging cutscenes.

Now i have the one final bug in my NEJ install.

I did't get to SoA part of the worldmap from Ulcaster (AR9799) normal way, every SoA and ToB areas are "Destination Unreachable". I can only go BG1 areas. How nice :lol: to visit Baldur's Gate again.

I have to CLUA:Console myself to Soa worldmap. Sadly i didn't have Planar Sphere as stronghold yet it probably is way out.

#18 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

Please post your Weidu.log. I think this is something wrong with your installation.

#19 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

Please post your Weidu.log. I think this is something wrong with your installation.

OK here it is.

Weidu.log:
Spoiler

Hope it helps but these are probably bugs only in MY BWP install. I did have problems with Fishing for Trouble not showing on worldmap so i end up installing FfT worldmap component and then reinstalling mods after that.

So it could be that reinstalling meshed something up. I don't know.

I also didn't get to Ulcaster on my own even though the walkthough says i should. But it doesn't matter much.

Only the locking door of Vulova Estate is only very bad thing. I have to CLUA:Console key for the entry there.

Nice mod by the way. Sad that the part 3 ain't in BWP.

#20 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

OMG! :woot: Are you sure you still play BG2? :lol:
Honestly I know little about BWP-version of NEJ but I afraid there is somesort of uncompatibility... It's about newest mods such as ToBex, for example, and others.