• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

OMG! :woot: Are you sure you still play BG2? :lol:
Honestly I know little about BWP-version of NEJ but I afraid there is somesort of uncompatibility... It's about newest mods such as ToBex, for example, and others.

Sometimes i'm not so sure. :ROFL:

Well i think (finished the mod) that there aren't big promblems in BWP install. Only those problems that i mention earlier posts.

3 cutscene problems i managed to fix.

Only the locked Vulova Estate door (why not lock the entrance inside the Vulova Estate) is problem when Alternatives mod is installed.

I'm not sure Ulcaster worldmap problem is it a bug or some local hickup in my install. It's easy to get out so it's not a big problem.

I hope that somebody i kind enough to add the Part 3 to BWP.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#22 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

Part 3 is not exist. And I doubt it would...

Only the locked Vulova Estate door (why not lock the entrance inside the Vulova Estate) is problem when Alternatives mod is installed.

Did you do Bodhi' quests?

Edited by Senka, 04 June 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#23 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

Part 3 is not exist. And I doubt it would...

Did you do Bodhi' quests?

Oh sorry. I didn't know that part 3 doesn't exist. I thought that this non-BP version 6.9.4 has it. My mistake. What about this Taffic NPC.

About the Vulova Estate. I haven't done Bodhi quests because i don't want to side Bodhi (i'm going to Aran Linvail's side). Berelinde's Alternatives mod idea is offering other ways to get Brynnlaw and siding with Bodhi doesn't fit in. So you can't finish the Alternatives mod quest because you can't get into Vulova Estate (well you can always CLUA:Console the key).

#24 Senka

Senka
  • Modder
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

You need to work for Bodhi if you want Leina in your group. If you don't you don't need work for Bodhi :)

#25 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I did encounter couple new "bugs" in NEJ. Previous BWP install had v6.02 this BWP install has v6.8.

First "bug": I had CTD after leaving Halruaa because AR9799.ARE is missing exit0070. Fixed it locally.

Second "bug": NEJ overwrites SoS travel triggers (Selence's quest) at Waukeen's Promenade (AR0700.ARE) to Sewers (SoS) (AR4201.ARE). Fixed these locally.

Earlier problems 3 hanging cutscenes at Halruaa and getting back problem to SoA part of the worldmap from Ulcaster (AR9799) remained in this v6.8. Fixed also these locally.

Also incompability with Alternatives mod is still there (locked Vulova Estate at Government).

Again i don't know are these only my local BWP expert-install bugs.

Maybe i try NEJ version v 6.94 in my next BWP expert-install.

Edited by micbaldur, 09 January 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#26 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well, I confirm you I experience the same three bugs.

It doesn't help anyway but, at least, we are twos experiencing these.

I didn't try NEJ v 6.94.

#27 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Well, I confirm you I experience the same three bugs.

It doesn't help anyway but, at least, we are twos experiencing these.

I didn't try NEJ v 6.94.

Well i can't say i'm happy that you have same problems. :P

Couple more problems probably not bugs but more like incompabilities with other mods.

Imoen Romance mod: Campfire scene at Underdark Exit (AR2500) had global problem.

Samuel Thunderburp at Five Flagons Inn (AR0509 or AR0522) talks only about Leina NPC all the time. Can't finish his quest because don't want to side with Bodhi (never have and never will :P ).

A Missing Fence? quest (Rogue Rebalancing) has some dialogue with Samuel. I don't remember if i did some fixes or not but i finished that quest.

#28 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Well i can't say i'm happy that you have same problems. :P

Me neither :P

But now, for sure, we can say it's not your local install only.

#29 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

I did encounter couple new "bugs" in NEJ. Previous BWP install had v6.02 this BWP install has v6.8.

First "bug": I had CTD after leaving Halruaa because AR9799.ARE is missing exit0070. Fixed it locally.

Second "bug": NEJ overwrites SoS travel triggers (Selence's quest) at Waukeen's Promenade (AR0700.ARE) to Sewers (SoS) (AR4201.ARE). Fixed these locally.

I've got these bugs in my Tactics BWP install. Can you share, how did you fixed all of these? CTD I've worked aroung by MoveToArea, but way to fix will be better. Thank you!

#30 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

I've got these bugs in my Tactics BWP install. Can you share, how did you fixed all of these? CTD I've worked aroung by MoveToArea, but way to fix will be better. Thank you!

How i fixed those :o  .... :blink: .... sorry i don't remember anymore it was almost year ago. :blush:

I can't check it now because i running BWP 11.3.9 install bat right now. I check it when install is ready, luckily i still have the old install.

What version do you have?

Version 6.02 didn't have those problems but v 6.80 did. I don't know yet does v 6.94 have those problems.

#31 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Here's how i fix these bugs.

Open AR9799.ARE in NI. Click edit tab.

Add Entrance and put these values:

Spoiler

Save and you are done.

Open AR0700.ARE.

Add Trigger and put these values:

Spoiler

Leave other values as they are and save.

Because i'm only a simple player i don't know how i can make fixes out of these to BWP Fixpack. I leave that task to more capable hands like Lollorian and other fixers/modders. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 01 May 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#32 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

hi micbaldur, im at the same place you were with the hanging cutscences how did you fix them?

#33 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

hi micbaldur, im at the same place you were with the hanging cutscences how did you fix them?

Editing the right cutscene script.

Which one of these:

1) First one is when i talk to Xan (TT0069.ARE) for the reward for completing Xan's Enchantment Test.

Edit VPCUTT11.BCS.

2) Second one is same area (TT0069.ARE). I'm also asking Phineas for reward completing Phineas' Abjuration Test. Edit VPCUTT20.BCS.

3) Third one is when i enter area (TT0068.ARE) RayVon & Ayana cutscene starts. Edit VPCUTT23.BCS.

Edited by micbaldur, 03 May 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#34 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yeah ive also found them but i cant figure out what whats wrong with them and why they hang.

1) IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId("Xan")
        FadeToColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(1)
        ActionOverride("TuEnch",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride(Player1,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player2,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player3,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player4,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player5,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player6,MakeUnselectable(1))
        MultiPlayerSync()
        Wait(2)
        FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(1)
        GiveItem("MASSCHAR",Player1) // Mass Charm
        AddXPObject(Player1,7500)
        ReallyForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)
        Wait(2)
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

2)

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId("TuPhin")
        FadeToColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(1)
        ActionOverride(Player2,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player3,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player4,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player5,MakeUnselectable(1))
        ActionOverride(Player6,MakeUnselectable(1))
        MultiPlayerSync()
        Wait(1)
        FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(1)
        GiveItem("ANTIMAG",Player1) // Antimagic Shell
        AddXPObject(Player1,10500)
        ReallyForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)
        Wait(2)
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

#35 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Here's modified BCS put them to your override folder. Backup old ones if they exists just in case.

I don't anything about modding but i managed to fix those by copy/paste the idea from working cutscene's. :P

Attached File  vpcutt11.bcs   2.23K   255 downloads

Attached File  vpcutt20.bcs   2.12K   209 downloads

Attached File  vpcutt23.bcs   1.4K   227 downloads

Cutscenes worked in my game after those changes. Hopely they work also in your game.

Warning! You use these files at your own risk. You can't hold me responsible if you PC explodes and burns your home to ashes. :P

Edit: What version of NEJ you have?

I have played v6.02 and v6.8 and they both did have these cutscene problems. I'm installing v6.94 to my next BWP expert install then i find out if it also have these cutscene problems.

Edited by micbaldur, 03 May 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#36 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

i have NEJ 6.8 installed aswell, generally there are lots of bugs with part two... the only mage test i was able to finish without cheating was the evocation one, especially if you like me have a tendency to pickpocket all named chars :clap:. All in all rather badly handled, i mean starting a cutscene everytime an npc does something ...

Btw do you know when you have to compile files you change in? sofar i have been able to just change itm and creature files by just overwriting but when i made to large changes in dialogue files or script files the game starts crashing. the error with the dlg files has to do with errors in dialogue.tlk right?

#37 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

i have NEJ 6.8 installed aswell, generally there are lots of bugs with part two... the only mage test i was able to finish without cheating was the evocation one, especially if you like me have a tendency to pickpocket all named chars :clap:. All in all rather badly handled, i mean starting a cutscene everytime an npc does something ...

Btw do you know when you have to compile files you change in? sofar i have been able to just change itm and creature files by just overwriting but when i made to large changes in dialogue files or script files the game starts crashing. the error with the dlg files has to do with errors in dialogue.tlk right?

Well i'm not the right person to answer modding questions. :(  I don't mod, i only play and sometimes managed to fix something with NI. :P

When you edit BCS then compile it before saving. If you get errors fix those before saving. You might ignore warnings but probably not and fix those also.

Those DLG-files are too complicated for me to understand. :blink: I have edited actions and triggers only.

Yes NEJ v6.02 and v6.8 have problems but nothing major though, check my topic here.

Now on i'm going to use v6.94 it has more content and probably more problems. :P

#38 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

This is weird, i added the entrace to AR9799 so that the portal back should work but the game still does not recognize the new entrance point and it crashes saying there is no Exit0070, even though the updated file is in the override folder.

It looks like it still brings in the old area file from the bif into the temp folder instead of using the one in the override folder....

Edited by altur, 05 May 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#39 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

This is weird, i added the entrace to AR9799 so that the portal back should work but the game still does not recognize the new entrance point and it crashes saying there is no Exit0070, even though the updated file is in the override folder.

It looks like it still brings in the old area file from the bif into the temp folder instead of using the one in the override folder....

Because you have been AR9799.ARE before editing ARE-file is stored in save-file and game is using it not AR9799.ARE you've edited.

You need to edit save-file with NI and add Exit0070 to AR9799.ARE there.

Or reload earlier save before entering AR9799.ARE.

#40 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

aaa i see, thats bothersome, well i just used the console instead, but its good to know why the changes didt update in my save thanks