Finished or not?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

I completed the quest to send the tanari back to its' plane, met up with Elminster at The Seven Vales, received his congratulations---and did it all without ever encountering Ceinwen Ravenhair and the whole thing with her. Is that more of a side quest?

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

How did you get passed the Traps of the Living to get the Tanarr'i key?

-Y-

#3 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Would that be in the small cave? I fumbled around, got teleported alot, then eventually reached the tombs. I'm pretty sure that I covered the entire area. I don't recall the tanari ever mentioning Ms. Ravenhair.

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

I suspect that you (or possibly even the whole party) were wearing Boots of Speed? We found that under some circumstances you could cross the Traps of the Living using BoS before the Infinity Engine had time to register that there was someone over the trap. Consequently, yes, you've missed out a big chunk but because the end sequence was to get the key, you didn't break the mod. The only side-effect would occur when talking to Garalial Geltareth with Jaheira in the party because you will get a reference to Ceinwen Ravenhair that will make absolutely no sense.

Given that I can't do anything about the BoS exploit, I'm going to take a look at changing the Geltarath dialog to turn the Ravenhair part into an effective sidequest. A big sidequest though....

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 02 June 2011 - 12:13 AM.

#5 -Grand Poobah-

-Grand Poobah-

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:36 AM

Two of my party had Boot of Cheetah Speed, so I guess that explains it. In future I'll probably go through without the boots.

#6 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

I've now changed the relevant dialogs so that if anyone else does the same thing (and someone will!) there won't be any conversational anomalies later in the mod.

-Y-

#7 -Mateusz-

-Mateusz-

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

I don't want to start new topic so I will just write everything here.

I started playing with version 1.0 then updated it to 1.1 and later to 1.2 and I also finished main quest and talked to Elminster without meeting Ceinwen (only once this "ex-harper guy" mentioned her). My character probably drinked oil of speed in the caves, so he reached the key for tanari.

Bugs I had:
- no ceinwen ravenhair quest
- travel to and from west gov district lasts for 8 hours (inside athkatla)
- when the Porthpentyrch was restored I entered the dwarf's maze and when I stepped out of it, the village was abandoned again (i guess the exit leads to old map)
- some dialogue bugs with pashan ex:

http://i51.tinypic.com/x2p69v.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/oicaas.jpg

-to much crowd in some places, it was hard to get to some buildings (but it wasn't impossible)

http://i56.tinypic.com/33y5f0w.jpg

#8 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the dialog screenshots - I changed my dialog methods when coding Pashan and thought it worked, but you've caught a couple I missed.

The crowd problem in Govt. West has been fixed in patch 1.1 but if you'd already been there (which I guess you had) then you wouldn't see the fix as the unpatched area is already in your savegames.

Oil of Speed would bypass the entire Ceinwen quest and sub-quests. Patch 1.1 made this 'official'.

We know about the travel time problem but it's currently unfixable.

Can you post a savegame with Porthpentyrch restored please? Before you do that, please remove from the party any non-Bioware NPCs, otherwise I won't be able to run it.

Thank you for the bug reports.

-Y-

#9 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Can you post a savegame with Porthpentyrch restored please? Before you do that, please remove from the party any non-Bioware NPCs, otherwise I won't be able to run it.

Thank you for the bug reports.

-Y-

Ups i forgot mention this. It happen to me also while i was explored retored Portpentyrch. When i came out from caves i also end up at old Portpentyrch.

This ain't only mod with same problem but that discussion doesn't belong here.

Sorry. :blush:

Edited by micbaldur, 19 August 2011 - 10:35 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#10 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

I've found and fixed the problem with Pashan's dialog - not my fault, for once! :woot: For some reason Weidu was ignoring the final line of each dialog block ('That's all I want to know for now') and adding the dialog Exit command to whichever line was the previous line in the block. In addition, it was reversing the 'Tiger's Eye' response lines. Complete crud and no apparent reason for it. I fixed it by making the dialog exit the first line in each block - dunno why that worked, but it did.

I also realised that you could only speak to Pashun once, which was not my intention. That's been fixed too. I'll release another patch when the old/new Porthpentyrch cave exit problem is fixed.

-Y-

#11 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

I've found and fixed the problem with Pashan's dialog - not my fault, for once! :woot: For some reason Weidu was ignoring the final line of each dialog block ('That's all I want to know for now') and adding the dialog Exit command to whichever line was the previous line in the block. In addition, it was reversing the 'Tiger's Eye' response lines. Complete crud and no apparent reason for it. I fixed it by making the dialog exit the first line in each block - dunno why that worked, but it did.

I also realised that you could only speak to Pashun once, which was not my intention. That's been fixed too. I'll release another patch when the old/new Porthpentyrch cave exit problem is fixed.

-Y-

Do you need save from that cave thing at Portpentyrch. I'm playing now and i have archive saves.

Update:
While experimenting this cave thing i noticed that it remains old YS1000.ARE. Everytime time i travel to Portpentyrch i end up YS1000.ARE not YS1001.ARE. If i don't visit the cave then i works ok afterwards.

Edited by micbaldur, 19 August 2011 - 05:09 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#12 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

I've found the problem - the exit Region type was reset to Travel instead of Trap, so the area travel script never triggered. That one small area has probably given me more trouble than most other areas combined!

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 20 August 2011 - 02:48 AM.

#13 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

What is "the trap if the living"??

/Z

#14 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:28 PM