Photo

[HELP WANTED] Coder for BGT Kit

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 BPaulsen

BPaulsen
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Some luck might be required. My first attempt to try adding spells (not even created spells, that looks ridiculously complicated so I admire Jarno Mikkola for calling that easy) to a kit makes the game crash when you get to the "abilities" portion when creating a character.

Not a good start.

Edited by BPaulsen, 11 June 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

Some luck might be required. My first attempt to try adding spells (not even created spells, that looks ridiculously complicated so I admire Jarno Mikkola for calling that easy) to a kit makes the game crash when you get to the "abilities" portion when creating a character.

Well, usually the two are interconnected, as you cannot have one without the other... you have to create the spell that you add, well you can modify already existing spell, but you are simply re-create a spell and thus you usually end up creating a new spell at it.
So what exactly are you going after ?

OK so here's the last v5, that has the magical damage protection too: Attached File  ChampionofTormv5.zip   618.86K   189 downloads

Is additional coding required to keep the 'detect evil' 3+1/level that Paladins get, and the 'protection from evil' 1/level, or is that automatically applied as a Paladin?

Those are cranted to the paladin in their kits own "abilities 2DA file", yes the vanilla paladin has those too, it's not just plank **** file like the warriors 2da file is.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 13 June 2011 - 04:13 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 BPaulsen

BPaulsen
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

Thanks a ton Jarno Mikkola.

Also, I think I managed to do the Holy Liberator on my own (my first!). So far there's no problem in game, everything's working as I intended it, but I'm playing it to test it out to make sure. Hopefully it's zipped and attached right.

Attached Files