• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Now BWP v10 is out. What's new?

As always: mods updated to the most recent version.
New mods: IA Content: D2 Bear & Werebear v.1.0, Yoshimo Romance v6.1 (Beta), Swylif Thicc, Wizard Slayer Rebalancing 1.02

Virtue v19
With the patch made by The Biggs (included in the BiG World Fixpack) you might be able to use Virtue with BWP, although it might have full effect only in BG2 part. It seems to work also also in the BG1 part. However, whether it really works like intended is completely untested yet.
Maybe further patches are needed. This mod is no more in development for several years so it is on the community?s own to make possibly needed improvements and add them by the Fixpack.
You may want to install Virtue with regard to possible later deinstallation only after the BG2 part of the game starts.

Some fine-tuning in the install order.

The install.bat is improved again. Now it checks the WeiDU.log for already installed mods and components.
The Install.bat now supports all languages ​​in which mods are available.

A new overview is added to the Guide: Which mod in what language?

Note: Before I update BWP I make several installs with my install.bat so that I can be sure that it works 100% correctly.
However this time it happened that one or two of the latest mod updates cause to fail the installation of the Item Randomiser component 1300 "Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost".
I got this error:
[randomiser/baf/ar0602.baf] loaded, 199 bytes
[./override/AR0602.BCS] loaded, 216329 bytes
override/ar0602.bcs copied to randomiser/backup/1300/ar0602.bcs, 216329 bytes
Extended script [ar0602.bcs] with [randomiser/baf/ar0602.baf]
ERROR: cannot convert TokenAssigned_w06 or %TokenAssigned_w06% to an integer
I don't know which mod causes this and I don't want to investigate it.
Also I got an error with the newest BGTv1.12 affecting AR4400.ARE. Unfortunately I deleted the debug file and cannot recall the error message.

Note: The Big World Setup is much more comfortable than my Install.bat, however it is not always up to date with the most recent version of BWP.

#2 -Representing the lurkers-

-Representing the lurkers-

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

Representing all the lurkers out there we would like to say thank you Leonardo Watson and the BWP team for your continued efforts on the BWP project. Here's also hoping Leomar, White Agnus, and King Diamond come back someday.

#3 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:23 AM

On this link is downloaded BiG World v10 german.pdf. :mellow:

#4 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

On this link is downloaded BiG World v10 german.pdf. :mellow:

Oops! It's fixed now.

#5 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFES%BGT%S%BGT%L%0 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFFS%BGT%S%BGT%L%3 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFGS%BGT%S%BGT%L%4 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFHS%BGT%S%BGT%L%2 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%
%IFN% BWP_BGT_input.txt %IFRS%BGT%S%BGT%L%8 --force-install 0 --args-list sp "C:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate" | %M%

The command line construction in the install .bat file no longer seems to accept user input of custom directories since BGT was updated to 1.12. BGT still recognizes C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate as the default directory and will prompt the user for the install path if not detected in the default directory. This applies to both BWP 10 and BWP 9.10... so something has changed in BGT 1.12's side.

I'm not too knowledgeable in the area and a fix would be nice.
I've looked through BGT's bat files and can't seem to find any references to a default directory :wacko:

Although this isn't major, it does help with installation... a LOT, because you no longer have to sit through the first couple of sections in BWP to input your Baldur's Gate Directory.

A better idea would be to designate the path during the setup of installation... where you choose things like what type of installation you prefer... Standard, Tactic... and so on.

Perhaps after the prompt where the installation asks whether or not you want a BGT or BG2 installation would be nice. A prompt for the user to input his directory then would help many users if they don't want to dig through the .bat file or use BWS...

I'm not sure if this applies to BWS however, since I don't use BWS... but I'm assuming the problem is still there.

Edited by Cerest, 15 June 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#6 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thanks Leonardo.

I just finished installing BWP v9.10 two days ago. Is there a significant difference/improvement in v10? Should I reinstall?

#7 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

Congrats Leonardo! :)

One small remark, when using aTweaks with BWP, you should be installing this:

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // PnP Fiends -> Mod-added fiends are also affected: v3.53

instead of this:

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #150 // PnP Fiends -> Mod-added fiends are not affected: v3.53

#8 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

There are some minor issues with the BWP .pdf

Jarl's Tweak pack has long had an English translation, why is it marked as german only? Since it is recommended in a german installation, shouldn't it be recommended in an english installation? While the .bat file does install english components, the .pdf makes no mention as that section IS in German. Also descriptions of components 30, 31, and 32 of this tweak pack is missing from the .pdf.

These are,

30 [DYNAHEIR SORCERERESS]

- Dynaheir becomes a Sorceress.

31 [RESTORE UNIQUE BG1-ITEMS]

- BGT replaces some unique BG1-Items with no-name-versions. This component restores them.
(Battle Axe of Mauletar, Fallorain's Plate, Plate of the Dark, Aule's Staff, The Whistling Sword)
-> Change to the Original: Plate of the Dark only usable by evil characters

32 [MINSC'S BALD HEAD]

- replaces Minsc's hair colour with his skin colour, to imitate his bald head (idea by Ascalon).

Two, in the .pdf it tells you to Install components 0,1,2 of vecna while the .bat only installs 0. The .bat file is right, the .pdf is wrong. The megamod should only install component 0 of vecna. This can cause trouble for people who are attempting manual installation or debugging.

Edited by Cerest, 18 June 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#9 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:37 AM

However this time it happened that one or two of the latest mod updates cause to fail the installation of the Item Randomiser component 1300 "Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost".
I got this error:

[randomiser/baf/ar0602.baf] loaded, 199 bytes
[./override/AR0602.BCS] loaded, 216329 bytes
override/ar0602.bcs copied to randomiser/backup/1300/ar0602.bcs, 216329 bytes
Extended script [ar0602.bcs] with [randomiser/baf/ar0602.baf]
ERROR: cannot convert TokenAssigned_w06 or %TokenAssigned_w06% to an integer
I don't know which mod causes this and I don't want to investigate it.

I don't suppose you can provide any details, like, say, a weidu.log? The file override/fl#randomseed.2da from a failed installation attempt would also be super.

#10 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

I have updated now to BWPv10.0.1. Included are all the changes you suggested me to do.

@ Cerest
It caused me a lot of headache to find a working solution. It's not fully tested now, however it should work.

@ billy3
No.

@ aVENGER
Thanks and nice to see you here again. I've changed that components.

@ Cerest
Thanks for your report. I wasn't aware of Jarl's Tweak Pack v1.5. I make a note for the next release.

@ Wisp
attached

@ moderator team
Could someone please remove the "broken link" message from the BWP English.pdf download site?

Attached Files

#11 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

Woo!

Thanks Leonardo! :)

Also, the .pdf lists Throne of Bhall Revisited as a standard mod while the .bat file has a %IFX% tag on it indicating expert status.

If the .bat is right, some recoloring of the ToBR sections of the .pdf are needed to indicate expert status (grey text). If the .pdf is right, removing the %IFX% from the .bat file will allow the .pdf and the .bat to agree with eachother.

Looking at the Linkliste, it seems that ToBR should be an expert mod... what are the reasons why by the way?

Edited by Cerest, 18 June 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#12 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

*pokes*

Sorry for the double post, here is another issue however...

Certain NPC mods....
Kelsey
Xan
Nathaniel
Faren
Luxley

(there may be more since these are the only NPC mods I use :P)

Use the K button as a cutscene dialog/script fix. bpseries (in big picture) uses the k button to switch between melee and missile. By default, it seems that the script is set to be in melee. However, if k is activated on one of the above NPCs with the bpseries scripts, only the cutscene is activated, and the change in melee/missile mode does not occur.

This can be easily solved by going on NI and editing the override scripts for the specific characters or playing with the BP scripts. However, to improve compatibility... i think it is a good idea to remap the missile/melee button to another button... in the main install package... or perhaps BWP can do the remapping via the fixpack. All of the letter combinations have been used up @_@ Maybe a Ctrl+Something?

I'll post this in this thread and another in the BP page.
http://www.shsforums...1-missilemelee/

Edited by Cerest, 23 June 2011 - 09:57 PM.