Photo

1pp ~ high quality music for SoA/ToB || Tutu/ToSC || IWD || PS:T

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

Anyone knows which tool was used to create wavc files here? Wavc.exe? I'm trying to find a copy of the source.

#102 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 03:40 AM

Erephine likely used wav2wavc.exe, which you have packaged nowadays in a nice set of tools (PS GUI) compliments of Sam.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#103 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 04:00 AM

Erephine likely used wav2wavc.exe, which you have packaged nowadays in a nice set of tools (PS GUI) compliments of Sam.

Thanks, do you know if there's source available for either? I checked Sam's github, don't see it there.

Edit: well, found PSGui source inside the packages, apparently it's just and AHK script, but what I'm interested in is actual recoding.

Edit2: oh, I'm blind. It's ConvertWAVtoWAVC function. All's good then, thank you.

Edited by Magus, 17 May 2020 - 10:46 AM.

#104 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:49 AM

The WAVC file format is just an ACM file with an additional header.  I do not have the source code to wavc.exe, but I do have the source code to ABel's acmlab (including snd2acm.exe), although he has asked me not to redistribute it.  Alternatively, there was a libacm project that might be of interest, or if you don't mind java, you can look through NearInfinity's source code to see how it does the encoding/decoding.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#105 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 08:31 PM

The WAVC file format is just an ACM file with an additional header.

Yes, I know.

Anyway, the deal is that if whoever gets to update the mod, it'd be good to fix sample rate in the files themselves (both acm and wavc headers)

Makes no difference in vanilla game, but will allow GemRB to play them properly.

Probably better to fix the tools themselves and recode, but if that's not possible, weidu after-patching would work too.

#106 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:30 PM

The ACM headers tend to lie.  Post-processing them is currently the most viable option.  Erroneous channel counts in ACM headers is a problem that has been around since the beginning.  IIRC, snd2acm.exe is written in an old version of Delphi, which is not a language I am familiar with or know how to compile.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#107 Magus

Magus
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:03 PM

I put together a PoC wrapper around snd2acm, correcting bitrate header. If there's more to fix - channels, etc feel free to open issues.