Photo

1pp ~ high quality music for SoA/ToB || Tutu/ToSC || IWD || PS:T

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 -Beholder-

-Beholder-

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

I think the BGT installer renames some of the music files/folders (as stuff from BG1 and BG2 would overlap otherwise, due to identical filenames), so it might be quite a bit of a hassle to apply the music mods to an existing BGT installation. My guess is that it should be much easier to apply the music mods to clean BG1 and BG2 installations before merging them into BGT.

#42 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

I get a size error when I try installing the TuTu/TosC version on a clean Tales of Sword Coast platform patched with the official patch BGTalesUK5512.exe.

The game is the 4-in-1 collection and it's been bought from the UK.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Edited by Salk, 29 January 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#43 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

No one can help? :shifty:

#44 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

It only works on Tutu, as the executable patch is BGII specific.

I could probably port it to native BG1 installs, but figured most people would play on the SoA/ToB engine.

What Beholder was referring to is that for BGT/BG1toBG2 conversions, you should be able to replace both your games' music folders, then run your conversion installer, and finally install the WeiDU component on your patched BG2 folder.

Edited by Erephine, 05 August 2012 - 11:10 PM.

崇高滑稽
·

#45 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for your answer, Erephine (and welcome back).

I think it'd be much easier to make the mod compatible with the original BG1 game though...

#46 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

The only thing it would change/allow you to do is play BG1 engine ToSC.

You'd still have to install the component in BG2 if you were to use that install for BGT/Tutu.

崇高滑稽
·

#47 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Added Planescape:Torment to the list!

I thought from the style of music PS:T might not benefit quite as much as the more treble heavy music of ToSC or SoA, which is why I left it waiting for so long...

By the time I'd test played to Annah's introduction/theme and burst into tears I knew I was... mistaken.
Currently support might be limited, as I have next to no experience with PS:T executables. I developed the patch on my copy (obviously) which is an English 4 disc version with the PST fixes applied; so this is the one setup more or less guaranteed to work. Apart from that, readme should have all the relevant information.

If you have any other version, I'd appreciate if you could let me know whether the patch works. If not, I can add in support if you PM me a link to the executable in question.

Enjoy! :)

崇高滑稽
·

#48 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

It only works on Tutu, as the executable patch is BGII specific.

I could probably port it to native BG1 installs, but figured most people would play on the SoA/ToB engine.

What Beholder was referring to is that for BGT/BG1toBG2 conversions, you should be able to replace both your games' music folders, then run your conversion installer, and finally install the WeiDU component on your patched BG2 folder.

Thanks for your answer, Erephine.

I am rather thick though (and I guess it's no surprise) so I am not really sure I understood if I can use this modification with BGT, which was my intention. I thought Beholder meant to say that I should run this modification on the original TotSC game and hope that BGT would import the new music files.

But I guess it is not so? If instead it is possible, how do I do it since I can not really go down that road?

Thanks.

#49 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for your answer, Erephine.

I am rather thick though (and I guess it's no surprise) so I am not really sure I understood if I can use this modification with BGT, which was my intention. I thought Beholder meant to say that I should run this modification on the original TotSC game and hope that BGT would import the new music files.

But I guess it is not so? If instead it is possible, how do I do it since I can not really go down that road?

Thanks.

Naw. It's not really made all that clear in the description/installers so definitely not your fault if it is somewhat confusing with BGT installs.

What Beholder meant, and would probably work is to
  • place the included music/ folder for ToSC/BG1 in your BG1-ToSC directory (replacing the default one), and
  • place the included music/ folder for BGII-SoA/ToB in your BG2 directory
  • then installing BGT (which will import the changed files from BG1's music folder) and
  • finally install 1pp hq music (the WeiDU patch) on your finished BGT install, saying "no" to patching areas just to be safe.

崇高滑稽
·

#50 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks!

I will give it a try. I am surprised that no other BGT player ever reported a success or a failure trying to use this mod. We will soon see, I guess...

#51 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

I have done points 1, 3 and 4 and music in main screen and Candlekeep Inn plays too fast. Music in character generation and general Candlekeep area is okay though.

bgt, with bgtmusic full use of bg1 music

Edited by ydfhdsfh, 20 August 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#52 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

I tried some time ago ... it didn't work ...

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#53 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Okay.

I don't really have time to look at its installer/install BGT just for that, but if someone could provide me the songlist.2da/music folder after installing I could probably assemble a BGT version to make things easier.

崇高滑稽
·

#54 ydfhdsfh

ydfhdsfh
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

It works. if following all 4 points. Converted with the Totsc-music .exe, i guess it would work with soa/tob converter too. Looks like bgt uses some of bg2 music, so both SoA and totsc music parts are needed.

here is the working override\songlist.d2a and the content of the music folder

Attached File  temp.rar   2.17K   601 downloads

#55 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

Well ... i tried now just for testing purposes and it works following your input above Ere ;)

Question: how can i be sure i'm having your high qulity music? (to my ears it seems similar/equal to the original...),

tx,
mm75

#56 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

Well, if you legitimately can't tell a difference either due to bad hearing or equipment (more likely) you might not need the mod :P

I suppose you could test by opening NearInfinity, browsing to the Music section and playing any file at random. If it plays at half speed then yes, you should be good.

It works. if following all 4 points. Converted with the Totsc-music .exe, i guess it would work with soa/tob converter too. Looks like bgt uses some of bg2 music, so both SoA and totsc music parts are needed.

here is the working override\songlist.d2a and the content of the music folder

Thanks for verifying. :)

Yes, does not matter which WeiDU installer you use, as it's the same game engine.

Edited by Erephine, 21 August 2012 - 03:05 AM.

崇高滑稽
·

#57 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Tx, it seems it's ok as i can hear quite "slow music" within NI ... so i belive it's just my ears or my laptop not able to get the difference :)

No probs, at least we discovered it can be installed on a BGT game.

BTW ... just to check with u, may you confirm the convert.exe step in the readme is not needed? (i'm just speaking about a bgt game, not new music so). Just for the users to know they only need really to copy the folder over the game directories and that's it (waiting last steps for weidu installer).

I confirm you can install the area patch without any issue ...

Cheers!
mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 21 August 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#58 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

Likely the laptop. Do you use ear/headphones?

If you're referring to the acm batch upsampler (in convert/) it is only needed if you have any extra music not covered by what is included (as otherwise, those tracks would play at double speed). As it seems BGT does not add any extra music beyond what is there in BG1-BG2, not an issue.

崇高滑稽
·

#59 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Likely the laptop. Do you use ear/headphones?

If you're referring to the acm batch upsampler (in convert/) it is only needed if you have any extra music not covered by what is included (as otherwise, those tracks would play at double speed). As it seems BGT does not add any extra music beyond what is there in BG1-BG2, not an issue.

Headphones indeed ... could be the trick?? Sounds weird...
mm75

#60 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Erephine,

Do you know if the audio levels (i.e. dB) of the music are the same as the vanilla game? I've found the restored music to be quite loud compared to other content, which is perhaps normal but since I haven't played it in a while I don't really know.