ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

I appreciate your effort, friend!

#82 Piquero27

Piquero27
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I was interested to try this mod, but it needed some serious work to adapt to BGT properly. I've made it an automatic install that will use the resources from both TotSC and BGII music packages, and install them in BGT. Fixed a few minor problems along the way. Not fully tested, so please use at your own risk for now.

Copy-paste from the small readme included in the archive:

This package contains an automated BGT-compatible weidu installer for the 1PP: High Quality Music mods (TotSC/BGII). It will add audio from both BG1 and BG2 1PP packages into the game and optionally patch all areas to make full use of added music.

Usage:
- Download the 1pp_hq_music_ToSC_110 audio package
- Download the 1pp_hq_music_II_130 audio package
- Extract both packages above into the BGT folder, but do NOT install them (you can safely delete their .exe installers)
- Extract the attached package into the same folder, and run setup-1pp_hq_music_BGT.exe to install

Note 1: For area patching, BGTMusic mod must installed - specifically the component "Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music"

Note 2: 1PP HQ music should be installed after all mods that add new ACM audio into the game, which means most NPC and quest mods (see the original readme in BGII package for more details on the conversion process and potential pitfalls)

Most notable changes from v1.30 of 1pp_hq_music_BGII (which was used as basis for making this package):

• Full BGT support, including patching of BGT areas to enable new music tracks
  • New songs are added using ADD_MUSIC, instead of using fixed songlist.2da IDs (some of those are already occupied in BGT)
  • Existing song IDs for BGT areas are dynamically extracted from current songlist.2da, instead of using fixed values (this generally won't work with BGT very well)
  • Automated installation: the installer will patch the exe, back up the music folder, upsample any acm tracks in music folder that need upsampling to 44.1kHz, install all necessary files from appropriate 1PP HQ Music packages, and, optionally, patch the areas. Upon uninstallation, backed up music folder is restored, reversing the upscaling.
  • Split patch/don't patch areas choice into subcomponents for ease of automatic installs via BWP/BWS
  • Fixed various problems in several .mus files: CRED.MUS, BD1.mus, BL1.mus, DREAM2.MUS, BM2.MUS, BP1.MUS, MB.MUS, VB.MUS
  • Area patching is no longer done using fj_are_structure - it was setting every omitted parameter field in the songlist structure to default values, effectively removing ambients from patched areas
  • Added a tiny component to allow restoring BG2 main menu theme at/after BGT transition

This is awesome! As Erephine work is amazing!

So can we hope to see this implemented in the BigWorldProject and BigWorldSetup?

#83 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

This is awesome! As Erephine work is amazing!

So can we hope to see this implemented in the BigWorldProject and BigWorldSetup?

Well that's up to the BWP/BWS guys, my job is done unless bugs are reported. They might be waiting to test it in action to make sure it works before adding into the official install mix, which is not a bad idea. I haven't time to do a full test playthrough with it unfortunately as I'm working on another project.

#84 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

Got to ask. Can I install the high music pack for SOA\TOB without having to install baldur's gate trilogy?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#85 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

Got to ask. Can I install the high music pack for SOA\TOB without having to install baldur's gate trilogy?

Yes, and I highly recommend doing so :) I can't install BGT or TuTu on my system, but I always install 1PP hq music II in my BG2 installations.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#86 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Thank you.
Do you know what's the right choice?

http://postimg.org/image/3x7gmvuft/

I've got only bgII - Soa + Tob.

And by the way, what is the mod your signature refers to? can't find anything related to Erysseril Gwaethorien

Edited by Sergio, 20 May 2014 - 07:04 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#87 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:53 AM

Thank you.
Do you know what's the right choice?

http://postimg.org/image/3x7gmvuft/

I've got only bgII - Soa + Tob.

And by the way, what is the mod your signature refers to? can't find anything related to Erysseril Gwaethorien

I recommend installing BG2 Fixpack before installing any other mods, and the selections in the link you provided look correct for your installation :)

Erysseril is my NPC mod for BG2. She has no workroom or other on-line forum yet, because I'm still writing dialogue for her, so the mod isn't ready for beta-testing. When I've finished writing her dialogue and her BioWare banters, I'll request hosting either here at G3 or over at SHS.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#88 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

Good luck on your making!

#89 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Good luck on your making!

Thanks very much! My idea started with wanting to make one of my PnP characters into a joinable NPC. Erysseril is a female Sylvan elf ranger and a dedicated servant of Mielikki. The mod includes her own mission in the service of her goddess, and a romance option. How friendly she becomes with the main character is adjusted by the main character's actions and attitudes throughout the game. I'll gladly provide more detail if you're interested. I've been working to bring Erysseril to life as a literary supporting character; there's quite a bit of detail for her background, personality, worldview, likes and dislikes, etc.

#90 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

discovered a bug with the converter CtB mod, using the bgt version the converter deletes all the acm's after converting! tested outside a mod install and for some reason it does it. not sure why. using acmtowave i discovered ctb music is borrowed from iwd though so maybe that is the problem?

#91 -Deaderinred-

-Deaderinred-

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

okay "fixed" the problem, and the problem is the converter that comes with the BGT version deletes custom acm's from the music folder from any mod that adds them. :| using the one inside the iwd pack and it converts everything properly. 

#92 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

okay "fixed" the problem, and the problem is the converter that comes with the BGT version deletes custom acm's from the music folder from any mod that adds them. :| using the one inside the iwd pack and it converts everything properly. 

Hi Deaderinred, I've tried installing latest CtB followed by HQ Music for BGT (posted by me in this thread), but was unable to reproduce files getting permanently deleted as you describe. Can you confirm that you were using the BGT version from this post and following the installation instructions from the new readme (note that you now only need to run the setup-1pp_hq_music_BGT.exe, it should handle everything automatically)?

To clarify, the new converter does move mod-added ACM files out of the music folder into temporary folder for conversion, but is then supposed to return the upscaled version back to the music folder after each file is processed. If that doesn't happen, it's a problem I'd like to try and fix - but I'm going to need a bit more information to figure out what's going wrong in your case and how to replicate the situation.

Edited by pro5, 26 June 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#93 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

HQ Music for BGT moves all files added by mods from the music folder to .\1pp_hq_music_BGT\convert\backup and leaves over only empty folders in the music folder.

The empty folders are named:

84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91    from CtB

ACBREM1, ACBREM2  from Breagar

Fantazi  from Rukrakia

fhlmu  from Luxley

JA#ESTA  from Jarl’s BGT Adventure Pack

Harp_v4, Mx2102, mx5411, MxFff6, MxIwd2  from RoT

MxDwina, MxEdwin  from Edwin

MxAbys, MxElle, MxHeal, MxIren, MxTroll  from LR

MxKiara  from Kiara-Zaiya

MxLeina  from NeJ2

mxm#am  from Amber

MxKachi, MxSimel, MxValyg  from TS

The files inside the folders above should also get converted!

#94 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

HQ Music for BGT moves all files added by mods from the music folder to .\1pp_hq_music_BGT\convert\backup and leaves over only empty folders in the music folder.

They definitely should, the problem so far has been that I can't reproduce the situation on my end when they disappear without being converted. For instance, I have a working BWS mega-install with some of the mods from your list (Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack, RoT, Amber), and with 1PP_HQ_MUSIC_BGT installed finely on top. All the music files were converted and returned to their respective subfolders within the music folder during installation. Unfortunately, I can't begin fixing the problem until I understand what goes wrong. By the sound of it, I'm guessing either the converter crashes sometime after it moves each ACM file for processing and before moving the new file back, or it fails to move the file back (permissions problem?).

I'll do more research on this the next time I get a free weekend, but for now consider me puzzled with why this might be happening; sorry for the trouble.

#95 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

I can confirm Leonardo's finding in my install. Same empty folders after installing.
My weidu log: Attached File  WeiDU.log   80.8K   335 downloads

#96 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:55 AM

can't believe no one noticed this before Leonardo. Neither I :(

Edited by Sergio, 08 December 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#97 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

The downloaded .7z archive doesn't extract with StuffIt under either my Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.9.5) or my Windows 7 Ultimate system. This is on a 64-bit Intel Mac tower. Please advise.

[Edit] Solved! This is no longer an issue. [/Edit]

Edited by EricP, 31 May 2015 - 12:45 PM.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#98 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

About this...
I've compiled a new converter for 1pp HQ Music BGT and now it's not leaves empty folders anymore.
File from the archive should be copied to ".\1pp_hq_music_BGT\convert" befor installation.

Attached Files

#99 -bvz-

-bvz-

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

Can you clarify if bundled acm files are re-ripped from CDs, or just recoded from 20kHz versions?

#100 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1292 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

IIRC the actual "music" has been ripped and encoded into ACM at a higher bit rate. Other sound files (like area ambients) are just re-encoded to a higher bit rate (thus are no better quality than the originals).

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage