Dragon Age II DLC

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Alright, here's your one-stop topic for Dragon Age II DLC. BioWare will be showcasing the first DLC pack Legacy at San Diego Comic Con in July. Grey Wardens have posted an article on this as well.

BioWare is once again returning to the San Diego Comic Con and this year, we are bringing Mass Effect 3 and a never before seen, Dragon Age II DLC with us. Comic Con begins Thursday July 21 and runs through Sunday July 24 and we will have all sorts of awesome BioWare coolness at our base in the Hilton Gaslamp hotel. This will be the first opportunity for fans to play Mass Effect 3 as well as the next Dragon Age II DLC. In addition, we will be hosting the first annual BioWare Costume Contest on Friday, July 22 for the best BioWare inspired costumes. We?ll be giving away awesome convention swag, opportunities to meet members of the BioWare staff, and we?ll have a special designated area for cos-play character photo opportunities and much more.

Make sure you come and visit us at the Hilton Gaslamp (401 K Street) to experience everything live (remember, you do not need a comic con badge to take part). If you can?t visit us in San Diego, make sure you stay tuned to the BioWare Pulse TV broadcasts where we will be keeping everyone up to date with live broadcasts all day, each day.

We?ll be revealing more details about the events at the BioWare base as we get closer to the event. Make sure you plan to visit BioWare at the San Diego Comic Con or check back for details on BioWare Pulse broadcasts live from the event. Follow us @MassEffect and @BioFeed for more details on Comic Con.

If you are in the San Diego area July 21-24, come to Comic Con and check out the never before seen Dragon Age 2 Legacy!! More information here: http://www.bioware.com/

#2 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Its about damn time they give us some DLC for the game that is story based or whatever and not just silly little items or whatever! It remains to be seen if it will be worth it or any good though...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, they've only released day one DLC so far (borderline game cuts), and some ridiculous item packs that are more like promotional items you'd get from GameStop or whatnot.

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Alright, the details for the Legacy DLC pack are released. You can catch the video footage here (it starts around 56 minutes). More info in the Grey Wardens article.

FACE ALL NEW DARKSPAWN, FORGE A POWERFUL NEW WEAPON AND COME FACE TO FACE WITH AN ANCIENT HORROR.

DESCRIPTION:
Targeted by a vicious criminal cartel that are hunting "the blood of the Hawke," you must put an end to their relentless attacks. Leave Kirkwall, and journey to an ancient Grey Warden prison in order to find the source of the aggression and uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage. Playable from any point in the DAII campaign, face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror.

FEATURES:

• Uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage
  • Adventure through several new locations including a prison constructed by the Grey Wardens
  • Obtain a powerful class-specific weapon to which you can apply upgrades of your choice
DETAILS:
  • Release Date: July 26, 2011
  • Platforms & Pricing:
    • Playstation 3 - $9.99
    • PC/MAC - 800 BioWare Points
    • Xbox 360 - 800 Microsoft Points

You're going to be challenged much more tactically than before where Hawke and the followers are going to use the environment a lot better as well as all their abilities in order to be successful.

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:19 AM

According to Chris Priestly, there will be a live Legacy demo and dev chat this Friday. Source.

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

You can catch that Friday demo here. BioWare's also got a Q&A thread about Legacy.

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

Regarding the demo, the self-inflicted near party wipe at about 18:25 was particularly amusing.

Edited by berelinde, 17 July 2011 - 10:55 AM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Fernando Melo was interviewed by Rock, Paper, Shotgun regarding Legacy.

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:02 AM

If anybody is on the fence about getting Legacy, do it. Holy cow, it was better than the rest of the game put together.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#10 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

If anybody is on the fence about getting Legacy, do it. Holy cow, it was better than the rest of the game put together.

Oh no, if anyone else had said this, I'd probably not bother, but seeing as I nearly always agree with your game tastes... how long did it take you to play it?

#11 -princesspurpleblob-

-princesspurpleblob-

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

I'm still not convinced to buy it... I've read 2 reviews and they said it was extremely disappointing. Apparently, it doesn't reveal much about hawke's heritage (if true, then it's not better than witch hunt) nor any challenging/interesting enemies. Also heard, they still recycled a lot of area.

#12 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

I'm still not convinced to buy it... I've read 2 reviews and they said it was extremely disappointing. Apparently, it doesn't reveal much about hawke's heritage (if true, then it's not better than witch hunt) nor any challenging/interesting enemies. Also heard, they still recycled a lot of area.

First off, it's 100% new areas and none of them are reused. The closest it comes to "recycling" is that sometimes, if you are doing all of the sidequests, you will have to cross the level a few times to access the doors you open while solving a puzzle. And while it doesn't tell you everything there is to tell about Hawke's father, it does tell you a great deal. It isn't a cliff-hanger the way Witch Hunt was. You get closure. If you do the side-quests, you will find out the full answer about what Dad was doing there and why. What is the source of those reviews? It sounds to me as if the reviewers didn't actually play Legacy, but were merely spitting out the two most frequently quoted reasons for disliking Witch Hunt.

The party banter is brilliant, at least for the team I took (Varric, Carver, and Anders). Those three have the most content, since the plot is most relevent to them, but all of the companions are pretty chatty. Varric has his own side-quest (completable even if Varric isn't in the party), there's another side-quest for the siblings, and... well, let's just say that Anders is going to have some issues in about 20 years. Unlike the rest of the game, there is romance-specific dialogue. I played it in Act 1, so no romances yet, but some of the dialogue has been posted on BSN and it's realy sweet. As for Hawke, sarcastic Hawke definitely has the best lines. I would not suggest playing it in Act 1. Wait until you've got access to restoration and life ward potions. And probably Revive, too. The final battle is... intense. I've replayed it 4 times (on normal - I usually play on hard), and Hawke has always been the only one who doesn't get knocked out.

It took 7 hours to play through it, but that is because I am the slowest player on the planet. Most players will probably manage it in 3-5 hours, especially if they are playing on lower difficulties.

berelinde's mods

#13 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

I think I'll stick to watching a Let's play of Legacy

#14 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Is it best to play it during, say, Act III, or can it be done post-campaign? I've downloaded it but am going to be busy for the next week or so, so I won't get to play it right away.

#15 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

That right there is exactly the good reason for me not to buy it, if you'd pardon me for saying so.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#16 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

Is it best to play it during, say, Act III, or can it be done post-campaign? I've downloaded it but am going to be busy for the next week or so, so I won't get to play it right away.

It's up to you. You can play it post-campaign.

berelinde's mods

#17 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

Personally I've yet to buy Legacy. The reviews don't look that good at least. Anything from GameSpot's 5.5 to 7.0 on some sites. And yeah, Grey Wardens gave it a 9.0, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Dragon Age 2: Legacy - Spoiler-free Review @ Grey Wardens

Edited by Archmage Silver, 30 July 2011 - 05:30 AM.

#18 -princesspurpleblob-

-princesspurpleblob-

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

I wouldn't make decision sorely based positive review on Grey Wardens. They *are* DA fans... obviously, they are biased to some extent. I've read other reviews and none of them are really positive. I might just wait for spoilers to be updated on wiki and read through that.

#19 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

I liked it myself...Played through it in Act 2 (near the begin of Act 2 so I was only mid lvl) Was able to beat everything on Hard until the final boss...Had to turn that down to normal and got him down pat...My team was Hawke Female (rogue d/w) Merrill - Grey Warden Bethany and Aveline...

Worth the 10 USD imo. Good Story and what not...but the best part?

YOU FINALLY GET TO SEE SOME FREKIN GENLOCKS! Oh and Hurlock Alphas as well! That alone is worth it :P

Now hopefully the next DLC will include a dwarf female and the game will be complete... :woot:

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#20 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:31 AM

News:
Legacy Review: 2.5/5 @ GameSpy
Legacy Review: 5/10 @ Eurogamer

<_<