Photo

Khalid mod for BG II released

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#161 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Studies, studies and work... Actually, my year at uni is finished, but I still have to finish the job. 4 more chapters to go, and then I might get 'round to fixing Khalid at last.

In the meantime, I found out a person who played Khalid in Polish, but hasn't told me anything about his/her experiences.

#162 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Any further comments/experiences?

#163 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi I have played this mod a for a little while before my Laptop crashed badly. I really liked your Khalid and his realationship with Jaheiria and the PC. Some really good dialouge in Ployers Quest too. However i did come across the same bugs with Jaheira dialog loop and his Quest in Trademeet being a bit problematic and some the dialouge in Harpershold saying <charname> rather then the name of the PC.
I really liked Khalid in the first game so Iam glad that someone had the idea to bring him into BG2

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#164 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Well, I posted an ad in the Classifeds section of SHS forums, as after half a year I can say with 99% certainty that I will not have time to learn how to fix the reported bugs in the near future.

However, keep me informed about any bugs that you found and your experiences. I understand that you enjoyed the mod, Oracle, despite the problems you encountered?

#165 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

What parts of the mod that I played before my Laptop crashed i did enjoy.

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#166 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

Thanks to an anonymous member of the Polish Children of Bhaal forums, traification is (somewhat) fixed. I was not informed how much was fixed, the only thing I am sure of is the .tp2.

Attached is a new version, so the link upthread is no longer to be used. Alas, I cannot be sure if it contains the bugfixes from upthread.

I am unable to test it due to my new Win7's User Account Control acting up when it comes to Infinity Engine related stuff... Anyone know how to disable UAC?

Attached Files

#167 Jaqel

Jaqel
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Haven't tried it yet, but definitely will. Thank you for reviving Khalid)

#168 Zireael

Zireael
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Haven't tried it yet, but definitely will. Thank you for reviving Khalid)

You're welcome. Have you tried Khalid yet? Any bugs? Problems? Can't deal with UAC now... no time for bugfixing nor testing...

#169 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Hi

Been a while since last try in which I failed...

Now I'll give it a shot again, using the latest version. How do you want the bug/oddities? In PM or here?

Cheers

#170 -YuriShomei4268@gmail.com-

-YuriShomei4268@gmail.com-

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

where can i find this mod?

#171 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Here

Scroll down after the link loads for great success :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 24 October 2013 - 05:20 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#172 -Iavasechui-

-Iavasechui-

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:43 PM

Any chance of this working in EE?

#173 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

Any chance of this working in EE?

In the Evil Engine ? Nope... but instead it might work in the BG2EE, why don't you try, and make sure you update the weidu.exe by extracting the latest one from the archives(most likely the Windows Binary) that you need, as the BG2EE needs at least the v23600 weidu.exe...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#174 Zoya

Zoya
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

Any clues as to when should the Jaheira-Khalid romance start? I've been playing for a few hours, did some of the Harper quests (with Khalid always present) and suddenly Jaheira's having her bad dream about missing Khalid. Is it supposed to happen like this? Also, I don't think he's ever had banter with other NPCs, although he did throw in some comments here and there.

#175 Tuldor88

Tuldor88
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

Any clues as to when should the Jaheira-Khalid romance start? I've been playing for a few hours, did some of the Harper quests (with Khalid always present) and suddenly Jaheira's having her bad dream about missing Khalid. Is it supposed to happen like this?

Bug, fixed it in v1.00:

5) The 'friendship path', in which Jaheira mentions Khalid's death, is not available now.

Upgrade to v2.00:

http://www.shsforums...e-5#entry574078

Edited by Tuldor88, 16 December 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#176 -Widu-

-Widu-

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:50 AM

Ummm... don't know if this'll still get answered, but I have the 2.0 version, BG2EE and don't know the first thing about code.

I get no error messages while (re)installing, but talking to Rylock freezes and crashes the game as soon as he opens the door :(