• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

EDIT :

I'm planning on installing Nepehele to start a new game with her, and I used a calm day at work to make a portrait for her, a little more bg-like, based on the one you give in the mod.
What do you think of it ?

Posted Image

I know it's not perfect, there may be a problem with shadows and light, but I like it :P

Attached Files

Edited by Sanctifer, 28 June 2011 - 01:02 AM.

« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

Hey Sanctifer, I think it looks great! I'll definitely be sure to add it as an alternate portrait when the mod is next updated (though I've no idea when that would be). :cheers:

My only suggestion would maybe be to make her a little more greying/grey; she is a little older. The original portrait doesn't reflect this well, but she's in human years she would probably be around 45-55. :)

#3 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

*pokes*
I got bored :3

Posted Image

I attached a .psd in case you wanted to edit upon that :P
Imo, her hair needs some work... but :)

Oh, nowhere in Baldur's Gate does it say that Botox DOESN'T exist...

Attached Files

Edited by Cerest, 30 June 2011 - 08:12 PM.

#4 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

Hey Sanctifer, I think it looks great! I'll definitely be sure to add it as an alternate portrait when the mod is next updated (though I've no idea when that would be). :cheers:

Thank you, I'd be glad you do so :)

Oh, nowhere in Baldur's Gate does it say that Botox DOESN'T exist...

I sure have nothing against botox :D, but I tried something totally different, making her look waaay older.
(But I used your edit to work on the lighting of her face, thx)
So, her hair is more grey, I toned down her makeup a little, I tried to make her neck look older (really a pain in the ass)

Here it is :

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by Sanctifer, 01 July 2011 - 05:03 AM.

« Regarde moi ces émincés d'oignons, je voudrais tous les enfiler sur une corde pour m'en faire une parure ! »

#5 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

I talked to Liam, but I should probably post the edit here. I believe it would be good to wait for him to decide what should be done. I love the thing you done with her hair. I worked on her face a bit and added a necklace. I suppose Liam will want to use my face and your hair. There were some doubts on both backgrounds, but I believe we should wait for him to decide on those details. Meanwhile, here's my version.
Posted Image

#6 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

:o
Her face looks really good !
I tried to give her more wrinkles but I couldn't get something so nice !

I'm not fond of the necklace though, but it's just because it looks wrong :
it seems like it's too small and too high on her neck, it should pass under her scarf at some point I believe, or something.
I think it would be great if you could give her a wrinkled neck (I tried to but it's not that obvious, maybe you would do better ?)

As for the background, I don't know, both look fine to me :P

EDIT :

So here's your face, my hair, with a mix of both backgrounds
(didn't put the necklace, but that was just personal choice)

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by Sanctifer, 01 July 2011 - 11:29 AM.

#7 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

A bit greater neck wrinkles + new necklace. I somehow feel the edge or the colors of new necklace are too sharp. Maybe you want give it a shot? I mean making it look a bit better.
Posted Image

#8 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

I do :P
(.bmps attached)
I also made a version where she looks a little younger, on the right, 'cause I was afraid she looked a bit more than 45-55 in human years.

Posted Image - Posted Image

My, aren't we efficient ?
(This should totally be her default portrait :whistling: )

Attached Files

Edited by Sanctifer, 02 July 2011 - 01:15 AM.

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:49 AM

I actually prefer the one on the left :) I like her looking older. If you play the mod, you'll know she has seven adult kids, so it would make sense that she looks older. ;)

I like the colours of Cerest's original version more, and there's something strange going on to the left of her hair with that light blue. Once you guys have had your fun I'll probably give it my own edit, but with your permission this probably will become her default.

#10 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:30 AM

I actually prefer the one on the left :) I like her looking older. If you play the mod, you'll know she has seven adult kids, so it would make sense that she looks older. ;)

I like the colours of Cerest's original version more, and there's something strange going on to the left of her hair with that light blue. Once you guys have had your fun I'll probably give it my own edit, but with your permission this probably will become her default.

Do you mean brighter coulours ?
Like this ?
Posted Image

I don't see what you mean about the left of her hair and light blue though, could you point it out at the portrait ?

EDIT :

Oh I think I get it, you meant you liked Cerest's background ?
Like this ?
Posted Image

Edited by Sanctifer, 02 July 2011 - 03:48 AM.

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

Here's my version - changed the background, in general BGII-ified it. Worked in further colours and shadows in the face, lengthened the hair to the shoulder (while I liked it shorter it meant that the length was lopsided), made innumerable other changes.

Feel free to continue editing :)

Edit: Oh! I also changed the cropping to better fit the typical BGII dimensions.

Edit2: And changed lighting to bring more in line with Imoen's lighting per Lava's advice.

Attached Images

• nephele.jpg
  • nephele2.jpg

#12 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

Her hair's looking really good, but I don't know, there's something looking wrong I think :/ (maybe it's too grey, uniformly grey, I did like it better when there were locks of hair greyer, whiter, and some were still brownish, if you see what I mean)

There seems to be a "pink veil" on the portrait, I'm not that fond o it :(
It looks blurry too, a little too much, maybe it's from the cropping.
I think that the typical BG2 dimensions are important for the M- and S-size portraits you see in game (and you did it well !), but the big one can be a little different for the sake of quality ^^

Oh and her eyebrows look fake :P Like those women shaving theirs and then drawing fake eyebrows with makeup...
I don't know, there's something on her face and eyes, like faded makeup, I thought Lava's wrinkles were looking better :)

I'll try to mess with it when I'll have time...

Edited by Sanctifer, 03 July 2011 - 02:04 AM.

#13 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

What about these ?
Less pink in general, some minor changes here and there
(yours on the left, mix of yours and mine in the middle, my edit on the right)

Posted Image - Posted Image - Posted Image

EDIT :

I also did an edit trying to restore the wrinkles (did I mention I liked those wrinkles ? :D ) but unfortunately I lost some of your lightning in the process...
Also tried with a lighter background, don't like it that much...

But I think the one on the right still looks good though. (and has .bmp's attached)

Attached Files

Edited by Sanctifer, 05 July 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#14 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

Ok, worked on the lightning and colours again, tried to be closer to your proposition, here it is :

What do you think ?
I prefer the one on the right, but I'm not that sure...

Edited by Sanctifer, 06 July 2011 - 07:33 AM.

#15 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

The one on the right is sexy good. :ph34r:

#16 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

Would she like to be considered sexy ?
:D

#17 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

Cougar romance? :shifty:

#18 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

Bahaha. If the PC tried to flirt with her, the response would be something like...

"You need at least another twenty years or so before you can really pull that one off, dear."

I imagine she would be completely and totally uninterested -- though a little flattery never hurts with Nephele.

The one on the right is very nice, Sanctifer. :)

#19 Sanctifer

Sanctifer

Anarchiviste

• 137 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

Cougar romance? :shifty:

I imagine she would be completely and totally uninterested
The one on the right is very nice, Sanctifer. :)

"Been there, done that, no thanks darling" :P

Thank you anyway, from here to there :

I think we can all be proud of ourselves :D

Edited by Sanctifer, 07 July 2011 - 04:12 AM.

#20 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

21 images of Nephele on 1 page! Wow! :crazy: