BWP 9.10 problems

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:32 AM

Actual list of problems and solutions for them are under this link.

All problems below are fixed in released fixpacks. I will save the discussion just for history.
Spoiler

Edited by Suslik, 21 August 2011 - 01:50 PM.

#2 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

The BWS beta is no longer maintained by Dabus. This means that it won't recieve mod updates, until someone steps up to start maintaining it again.

And with no mod updates, the installation has a high risk of messing up the game.

But the BWS should tell you that it could not update, and that you should abort the install.

The regular BWS however seems to work fine. One have to use that instead now. Personally I am waiting to see if someone can start maintaining the BWS beta again instead. (It just doesnt feel right anymore to simply "check" the box on the SCS mod :P)

[edit]
About 3) - This is because of the Turambar fixes mod. Specifically the "slowly break down drow items" component (can't remember the exact name)

Edited by JustMe, 28 June 2011 - 07:58 AM.

#3 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:14 AM

@JustMe
It's been a while since i've installed that version, about two or three months ago. BWS Beta worked perfectly, as i remember. I think bws beta is not the reason of those glitches, those are some specific mod bugs that I want to fix myself with near infinity, without reinstallation.

About 3) - This is because of the Turambar fixes mod. Specifically the "slowly break down drow items" component (can't remember the exact name)

thanks a lot. any known fixes? i am really sorry again that i can not google right now.

#4 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

The only fix for it is to not install it @_@

If you used BWP 10, you would find it disabled for a reason.

Install Component 2050 [Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration (a revision of BG2Tweaks code)]?

I remember reading about the thief shapeshift thing.... but forgot what the solution was @_@

#5 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:14 AM

Please, can anyone halp me with 1) or 2)? They are quite annoying : /

#6 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

Just a quick note: BWS is not updated -- not the old download (The BiG World Setup/user: Leomar) nor the new one (BiG World Setup v9.10/user: Leonardo).

The old/standard one fetches an update-package but it's from march.
The new/beta one fetches no updates but it's from may.

So both do miss something.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#7 -max-

-max-

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

The pink glow is from Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration.

The "you can't have multiple contingencies" is also that component.

And yes it bugged me so much that I did a total reinstallation.

Now I have a problem where putting more than 2 proficiencies doesn't give any attack bonus. At least with Wulfgar (Rot) in Chateau Irenicus. He has 5 stars in warhammer, is 8th level, and only has two attacks. He should have three attacks.

#8 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

max

The pink glow is from Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration.

The "you can't have multiple contingencies" is also that component.

And yes it bugged me so much that I did a total reinstallation.

Thanks a lot for the information. I assume it's impossible to fix bugged scripts from this mod manually?

Now I have a problem where putting more than 2 proficiencies doesn't give any attack bonus. At least with Wulfgar (Rot) in Chateau Irenicus. He has 5 stars in warhammer, is 8th level, and only has two attacks. He should have three attacks.

whoa, just checked it on my current installation and noticed that my kensai has 3/2 attacks instead of 7! that's real, real bad. please do let me know if you'll discover what mod is causing this problem and how to fix it.

offtop: is it only me or recent updates(>9.6) seem to be somewhat more glitched than previous ones?

dabus
hello, dabus. What big world setup version do you recommend me if i aim to make as stable standard installtion as possible? Mod up-to-date versions are secondary for me.

#9 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Since I don't maintain them any more, I'd suggest you try to use the download uploaded by Leonardo and select to use the BWP batch-installation. That way you should get most of the download- & extraction- process while still be current with the install itself. Use that batch and PDF to check if you miss something (like new mods that were added after that BWS-release).

If you don't give about that, you can still use the BWS-installer (just keep in mind that Leonardo might have changed something since then and BGT might hang and wait for the BG1-path since BGT v112 seemed to have changed something about the scheme).

Edited by dabus, 29 June 2011 - 01:08 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#10 Cerest

Cerest
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

4) Every time i place a thief's trap(i've tried imoen or protagonist) the thief somehow gains a shapeshift ability and can morph into a jelly, gnoll and other lower-level creatures.

Hmm... I just noticed I get this too o.o

You can role-play and say thieves are masters at deceiving people and thus have really, really realistic disguises :3

Attached Files

Edited by Cerest, 29 June 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#11 letonga

letonga
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

4) Every time i place a thief's trap(i've tried imoen or protagonist) the thief somehow gains a shapeshift ability and can morph into a jelly, gnoll and other lower-level creatures.

Hmm... I just noticed I get this too o.o

You can role-play and say thieves are masters at deceiving people and thus have really, really realistic disguises :3

Ain't that one of SCS 19 / SCS 19 II doings? At least recommended install without them does not produce the symptoms.

#12 -D-

-D-

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

Ain't that one of SCS 19 / SCS 19 II doings? At least recommended install without them does not produce the symptoms.

It would be great if someone could track down what is causing this tbh. I just noticed I get this too.

#13 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Can someone who is experiencing this issue with traps and shapeshifing abilities open one of the trap spells (e.g., spcl414.spl) in Near Infinity? Under Abilities there will be a Cast Spell (146) effect. View/Edit that effect and get a change-log [1] of the effect's resource. The filename can vary between installations. Upload the results of the change-log here.

1. Use whatever change-log facilities are provided by BWP, or
open a command window and issue the following commands:
cd /d path\to\your\game\installation
mkdir change-log
weidu --change-log INSERT_FILENAME_HERE --out change-log >change-log\change-log.txt

Edited by Wisp, 09 July 2011 - 12:42 PM.

#14 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Not exactly what You've asked for but perhaps it's a tiny step towards comprehension:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22900
 [WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
 override/SPCL414.spl bg2fixpack/backup/0/SPCL414.spl
 override/SPCL414.SPL BGT/Backup/0/SPCL414.SPL
 override/SPCL414.SPL RR/BACKUP/1/SPCL414.SPL
 override/spcl414.spl scsii/backup/1000/spcl414.spl

Mods affecting SPCL414.SPL:
 00000: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01 BWP Fix
 00001: ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 0 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.12 (12 Jun 2011)
 00002: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.43
 00003: ~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ 0 1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v17

(quoted from a player at kerzenburg forum which happens to have the trap-polymorph anomaly, ... well, not him ... hopefully... :crying: )

#15 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

Can someone who is experiencing this issue with traps and shapeshifing abilities open one of the trap spells (e.g., spcl414.spl) ...

Hi,

Here is what you ask :

So : SPCL412.SPL => Spell Ability => Cast Spell (146) => SPIN139.SPL

SPCL412.SPL :
Spoiler

SPIN139.SPL:
Spoiler

Hope this helps.

One more "detail" :
Restoring SPIN139.00001.SPL in override folder (and renaming it SPIN139.SPL) resolve the problem.

Edited by Fouinto, 09 July 2011 - 11:44 PM.

#16 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

Looks like it could be Aurora, then. If no one beats me to it I'll confirm and report it to Miloch when I have a spare moment.

Thanks.

Edited by Wisp, 10 July 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#17 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

Polymorph bug was reported alredy, why no one used search function?

#18 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

Polymorph bug was reported alredy, why no one used search function?

Because search function doesn't work on SHS, hmm?

Edited by Creepin, 11 July 2011 - 07:04 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#19 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

Looks like it could be Aurora, then. If no one beats me to it I'll confirm and report it to Miloch when I have a spare moment.

Hi again,

setup-aurora.tp2 DO contains SPIN139.SPL in my game :
setup-aurora.tp2:369: ~spwi416.spl~ ~override/spin139.spl~ //Polymorph Self

So, I am not a modder, and don't know what it means... But, I have an idea, so I also think that aurora could be the culprit.

Miloch is the one that can confirm this.

Fouinto

Edited by Fouinto, 11 July 2011 - 08:58 AM.

#20 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi again,

setup-aurora.tp2 DO contains SPIN139.SPL in my game :
setup-aurora.tp2:369: ~spwi416.spl~ ~override/spin139.spl~ //Polymorph Self

So, I am not a modder, and don't know what it means... But, I have an idea, so I also think that aurora could be the culprit.

Miloch is the one that can confirm this.

Fouinto

So it'd be a straight mod incompatibility, then. SPIN139 is an open spell slot in vanilla BG2, so Aurora probably does what it does as a way of getting standard-named spells for some purpose. However, the way they do it is unsafe, as is demonstrated in this case, when SCSII has already laid claim on that filename (in a safe manner). Thanks again.

Reported in the Aurora forum.

Edited by Wisp, 11 July 2011 - 09:27 AM.