[GRAPHICS] Unicorns

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

I am developping a mod concerning Paladins and I desesperatly need various portraits of Unicorns and - if possible - a bam animation that I could implement in the game.

1. Are you looking for original art, photoshopped art or a portrait edit?
2. Male or female? What race, age and character class, possibly alignment?
3. Describe the character's features (face, eyes, hair, clothing, etc)

4. What color preferences do you have (skin, eyes, hair, armor, clothing, etc)? : white and red

5. Would you like a weapon, a spell effect or an item to be shown in the portrait? If so, what kind?
6. What kind of a background would you like?

7. What kind of an expression would you like the character to have? : serene and mysterious

8. Do you have a portrait you would like to be used as a model/reference picture (for pose, expression, looks, colors, etc...)? Post it here if you have!
9. Should the artist post the portrait here, or PM or email it to you? : yes

10. Any deadlines? : none

11. What game and what mod is this for? : ToB and a brand new mod

thanks in advance...

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:21 AM

You might be better off finding someone with a facility that can extract images from another game.
I haven't played many new games, but old games wise there is a very nice Unicorn in Lords of Magic.

In fact isometric wise, Lords of Magic have some very very very nice units.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

In fact isometric wise, Lords of Magic have some very very very nice units.

Do you know what format they're in? NWN has at least one unicorn - we haven't gotten around to porting it yet though.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

Its an MPQ Format. There's plenty of MPQ extractors around :)

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#5 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Its an MPQ Format. There's plenty of MPQ extractors around :)

I dont' have this game (Lords of Magic). As I am developping a new mod and dont attend to buy new games just for a single animation. Can someone extract it for me, that would be nice ?

thanks...

CARPE DIEM ....

#6 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:47 AM

bam animation

-Like this :
Posted Image
http://neogaf.net/fo...&postcount=5000
(lol)

-Seriously, Lords of Magic it's in abandoware, you can download it, for free :
http://www.abandonwa...=1231&fic=liens

Some Infos about Lords of Magic Unicorn :
Posted Image
http://secondsphere....?topic=13882.40

The Unicorn from Ultima Online (U.O.), looks nice :
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
http://vboards.strat...ty-unicorn.html
http://uo.stratics.c...=hunters&id=389
GIF & LBR/3D Sounds-Included

Portraits :
Posted Image
http://lardellier.fr...WWW/ehlonna.htm
Album :
http://entertainment...mgBQBN?start=12
Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia....eons_&_Dragons)
Moore, Roger E. "The Ecology of the Unicorn" Dragon #77 (TSR, 1983) (Fr.Trad.) :
My link

Edited by salomonkane, 27 July 2011 - 07:18 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#7 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Just a few words to say that this project is not over. In fact, it takes part of a more important one : a new mod called "Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel" whixh takes place in an other dimension ruled by the struggle between Unicorns and Dragons. Sorry, it is written in French, but will be released with an english translation. But for the moment, I have not decided which translation would be the best for its title... You can have more infos using the link at the bottom. Don't be afraid if you don't speak french, it will connect you to the major community of French modders who have translated in frenc most of the mods hosted by Spellhold, G3 and others... So you can post in english, you will be understood. As a picture is worth thousands of words : I am also creating horses as creatures that can fight, walk, and so on...

Attached Images

• Ruade02.jpg

Edited by Gwendolyne, 04 February 2012 - 08:28 PM.

CARPE DIEM ....

#8 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

And an other one :

Posted Image

CARPE DIEM ....

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Very nice. So you have actually got a unicorn animation working? Did you port it from another game? The shadow looks a bit dark, but that should be very easy to fix.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#10 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Very nice. So you have actually got a unicorn animation working? Did you port it from another game? The shadow looks a bit dark, but that should be very easy to fix.

Thank you.
Yes, I ported it from Oblivion with Blender.
Concerning the shadow, the picture is just a beta test : in fact, I am still working on the bam file and modifying the "black" color to fit with the shadow index (N°1).
I just let the dark color (0,0,0) to see how it renders in BG.

CARPE DIEM ....

#11 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Tada.... !

Let me introduce you the Unicorn :

Posted Image

She (in French, we say "she", not it) will be one of the main characters of my mod.

CARPE DIEM ....

#12 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

aww those are cute. now my daughter is going to insist on me playing your mod all the time once it comes out ^^ Are they colorable via the creature file? Or do they have to be pre-colored in the animation?

my only concern is the angle of the shadow but thats also a concern with the party characters in that shot too. none of 'em really match the angle of the shadow on the trees... It's probably not something that can be easily adjusted either.

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#13 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

That's one of the most awesome and fantastic things I've ever seen! :D I look forward to seeing unicorns in action in your upcoming mod.

Well done!

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

Very nice. It is probably not paletted but could be, as it is mainly different shades of the same colour (white in the case above). If you assign a slot using Infinity Animations (which I recommend) you should use a larger foot circle, instead of a small (character-sized) one.

#15 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Ooh, if it will be necessary to install IA in order to use the animation, it won't run on Macs, to my knowledge. I know that I can't install IA on my system.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

The only other solution (currently) is to use an existing/"unused" animation slot, which might indeed be used by some other mod (most are filled, some by 4 or more conflicting animations depending on which mods you're using; IA resolves these conflicts in addition to implementing new slots).

#17 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

Looks like I'll need to...purchase a PC...at some point *shuddering at the thought* *LOL*

#18 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks everybody !

Of course, I will release it with IA and reserve slots with larger foot circles.

For the moment, I am creating a black Unicorn and several horses :

Posted Image

and those ones with a saddle :

Posted Image

CARPE DIEM ....

#19 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Awesome!

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursga...php?board=133.0

Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod

http://www.baldursga...a=view;down=196

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#20 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Let me introduce you the Black Unicorn (the evil one...) :

Posted Image

And several horses :

Posted Image

I am still working on the horses with a saddle.

CARPE DIEM ....