Photo

Question: Why block access to BG1 after transition to BG2?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Siitä sitten vaan, mä alotin, jatka ihan miten haluat.

Well maybe not in public, others might get paranoid what we are talking. :P

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Well maybe not in public, others might get paranoid what we are talking. :P
Noh mitä, mitä mitä ? PS mä editoin sitä posti aika runsaasti jälkikäteen...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Siitä sitten vaan, mä alotin, jatka ihan miten haluat.
Mutta ihan totisesti, kakkos pelin ideana on päästä vapauteen ensinnäkin, sitten pelastaa Imoen, ja sitten kostaa Irenikukselle, mä en näe tilaisuutta ilkutella 50+päivää ihan vaan mennä kattelemaan missä päin on tullu asuttua ja niin edespäin.

Joo onhan se niinkin mutta kun on monia romansseja ja modattuja alueita pelattavana ennenkuin voi mennä Spellholdiin (vie paljon enemmän aikaa kuin 50 päivää). Lisäksi Planar Sphere puolittaa matka ajat. Chapter 3:ssa on pakko ilkutella/katella maaseutua romanssien takia (Sime, Ninde ja Fade).

En minä välttämättä halua vierailla BG1 alueilla. Ihmettelin vain silloin miksi niilä ei voi vierailla BG2:ssa kun jämähdin Ulcasteriin kun NEJ loppui (nyt Hrothgar teleporttaa porukan City Gatesiin).

#24 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

Noh mitä, mitä mitä ? PS mä editoin sitä posti aika runsaasti jälkikäteen...

Huomasin ja vastasin siihen. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 01 December 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#25 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

Looking forward that mod of yours. Any estimated ETA of that mod (maybe for christmas). :P
Darn that's a challenge... I won't promise a thing, but will try a few things ... no ETA's
Ouh and thanks for the inspiration of ideas.

Now to recap our Finnish conversation, I am of the mind that as the game is build around the idea that the player in in a kind of hurry(to rescue Imoen and then get your soul back), there shouldn't be that much time to go to just go on a walkout ...
micbaldur's opposite opinon is that the game has fairly enough extra content as it is, so this could be allowed ... and it has romances that also need time.
Both are valid...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#26 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

Did I ever say I hate adding dialog in mods :wall:  :angry: .... uhh... I am getting depressed on the excess work I have to do for so little. <_<

HELP !

Natural warning of minute spoilers.

Spoiler
Any help on getting the last bit finished spoken by the player go well and I'll give you character to name. :crazy:

Edited by The Imp, 03 December 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#27 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Bit of a necro here, but I might be interested. What precisely are you asking for, Impy? Some sort of ending conversation from Charname + company about getting over the Cloud Peaks, or am I misunderstanding you?

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#28 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

Is it syntax help you need? Try this:

Spoiler

#29 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

Is it syntax help you need? Try this:

Thanks for the offer to help... I would need this reply to be separated to two or three dialog lines...

EDIT 2:

Ouh cheese, it's this how I need to do it !!!

Spoiler
Thanks a tons.

Edited by The Imp, 13 December 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#30 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

It's uncommon for the PC to have several lines (since the reply option would be, well, an option the player can chose from), but if you insist on doing it this way, there is the possibility to use PLAYER1 which is the PC's dialogue file for the "monologues" in BGII. Using this would mean the player would have to hit continue (not the red-highlighted reply option) with the PC's portrait for the talking NPC:

Spoiler

#31 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ahh, yeah... thanks for the help.

K, now I have the concept of the working thing down, so I just got to facilitate the rest. Yes, there's a two areas, one item and the road to script and test. The current .tp2 file: Huge spoiler warning !!!

Spoiler

#32 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thanks a lot. :lol:

Spoiler

Now that you are going to take care of traveling from BG2 to BG1 there is one travel problem remaining. ;)

How to travel from ToB to SoA and BG1. :ROFL:  Or does this mod of yours cover this problem also. :P

#33 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Doesn't make much sense, RPly: you're on a pretty strict deadline once you start ToB. Would be nice though, to still be able to access all the old stuff.

c2oJYXg.gif

#34 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

How to travel from ToB to SoA and BG1. :ROFL:  Or does this mod of yours cover this problem also. :P

I think the Worldmap mod should allow the ToB to SoA already ... and then there's one of the big mods that allows this for sure as parts of it happens after Irenicus is dead, and it supposed to allow the entrance to the woods with the stone faces after. That's why the WM mod asks if you wish to have the ToB in the same map.

And ouh you noticed the darn spoiler text. It was supposed to be a surprise. Well, it still will be nice. And it's technically still a error there as the .cre name can't be longer than 8 marks. But fixed that now.

Edited by The Imp, 13 December 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#35 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think the Worldmap mod should allow the ToB to SoA already ... and then there's one of the big mods that allows this for sure as parts of it happens after Irenicus is dead, and it supposed to allow the entrance to the woods with the stone faces after. That's why the WM mod asks if you wish to have the ToB in the same map.

And ouh you noticed the darn spoiler text. It was supposed to be a surprise. Well, it still will be nice. And it's technically still a error there as the .cre name can't be longer than 8 marks. But fixed that now.

Well i use Leonarno's BWP-bat to install so technically WMP doesn't ask if i want to have ToB in the same map. :P

Also it was just bad joke that ToB to SoA thing. But if i remember correctly my last BWP game i didn't have BG1 and SoA areas on the map at ToB.

It doesn't matter anyway i usually play ToB part quickly because i want make new BWP expert-install with new and updated mods and start over again. :lol:

As for spoiler text. I'm not blind and i can read weidu (but not make any kind of mod) very well. :P

#36 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Doesn't make much sense, RPly: you're on a pretty strict deadline once you start ToB. Would be nice though, to still be able to access all the old stuff.

Well technically you are in hurry to rescue Imoen in SoA also but in BWP expert-install you have so much new content that it takes very very very very... (x1,000,000) ... very much longer than in vanilla SoA. :P

It's also makes more realistic to have all areas accessable at ToB. Then you can make some sightseeing trips in old visited areas before becoming very busy god. :lol:

#37 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hehehe. Actually, I tend to get Imoen as early as possible, since I love the Imoen Romance mod, then once I finish Bodhi off, use the remainder of ...chapter 5?... to do all the rest of the game. The only exceptions I usually make before rescuing her are time or chapter-limited quests / NPCs, such as Beyond the Law.

c2oJYXg.gif

#38 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hehehe. Actually, I tend to get Imoen as early as possible, since I love the Imoen Romance mod, then once I finish Bodhi off, use the remainder of ...chapter 5?... to do all the rest of the game. The only exceptions I usually make before rescuing her are time or chapter-limited quests / NPCs, such as Beyond the Law.

Well  :crying:  Imoen romance is only bad thing in my current playstyle. I do everything possible in chapter 2 and 3 (big mods CtB, RoT, TDD, NEJ and also very many smaller mods) before going to Brynnlaw.

I also romance Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia, Dace (first time), Yvette, Isra (first time), Nalia, Amber, Kiara, Kim, Saerileth, Tyris, Tashia, Skie (first time), Sheena, Fade, Ninde, Sime before going to Brynnlaw. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 13 December 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#39 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

Oooh, one of those multi-romancers, huh? :new_bottom: Bad Micbaldur, bad! Every time you cheat on someone, a baby archon dies. =[ Seriously though, I usually only run one or, at most, two romances per playthrough (homebrew PCs piss me off: I despise home-recorded voices as they're either awful, have a hissing noise in the background, or both). Custom PCs / NPCs should have theme music instead ^_^;

Getting back on topic, though, I would absolutely love to see a truly open world, with the POSSIBILITY of accessing virtually anywhere at most times. Say, like....in Morrowind style, but chopped up into a gazillion areas / maps.

Edited by Jenavee, 13 December 2013 - 01:58 PM.

c2oJYXg.gif

#40 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Oooh, one of those multi-romancers, huh? :new_bottom: Bad Micbaldur, bad! Every time you cheat on someone, a baby archon dies. =[ Seriously though, I usually only run one or, at most, two romances per playthrough (homebrew PCs piss me off: I despise home-recorded voices as they're either awful, have a hissing noise in the background, or both). Custom PCs / NPCs should have theme music instead ^_^;

Yes i'm child of Bhaal and romance every possible lady (never mind archon babies). Beside Dyhaheir died in BG1 so i'm free to romance next one and then next one and so on. Talking about babies i only managed to get only one with Aerie.

I like to do every quest, every romance and everything else in my BWP game (i'm perfectionist maybe).

Getting back on topic, though, I would absolutely love to see a truly open world, with the POSSIBILITY of accessing virtually anywhere at most times. Say, like....in Morrowind style, but chopped up into a gazillion areas / maps.

I would like open world too. Though i don't know anything about Morrowind (never bought and try it).

Update: Shit i lost smileys again.

Edited by micbaldur, 13 December 2013 - 02:22 PM.