Photo

Question: Why block access to BG1 after transition to BG2?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Fire and joy! Just got back from a dinner at Outback Steakhouse followed by a nap. I seem to recall there actually IS a mod existing that sends you back to SoA after ToB. Return to Trademeet, iirc.

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/rtt

Is this uh, compatible with Big World Picture? I see the Return to Trademeet kit pack is, but....

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#42 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

Fire and joy! Just got back from a dinner at Outback Steakhouse followed by a nap. I seem to recall there actually IS a mod existing that sends you back to SoA after ToB. Return to Trademeet, iirc.

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/rtt

Is this uh, compatible with Big World Picture? I see the Return to Trademeet kit pack is, but....

Well it's total conversion mod so i don't think it's compatible with BWP. Unless somebody makes BWP compatible version (a lot of work is probably required).

Also The Fields of the Dead mod is very promising addition to BWP after Echon finishes weidu version.

And finally Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II would also be nice addition to BWP if somebody makes BWP compatible version. I know that NEJ adds Icewind Dale to BWP but mod is unfinished (probably dead mod) and is missing part 3.

But all these 3 mods would be nice addition to BWP if it possible. :whistling: Maybe Lollorian or Imp ... or maybe not. :P

But this is only academic discussion because Leonardo Watson decides what is in BWP.

Well you can always add mods to BWP if you know what you are doing and know how to edit BWP bat-file. I have added some mods to my expert install (mostly item mods). My BWP topic is here.

Edited by micbaldur, 14 December 2013 - 03:55 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#43 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

RTT: total conversion mod... Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II would also be nice ...

And then there's the Classic Adventures mod too. Epic Endeavors... Baldur's Gate: Shadow Hand TC. Dragon Lance TC, and Battle at the (Helm's) Deep.

Now, including the Total Conversion mods to the BWP is kinda bad idea as playing those comes with the fact that they are set in their own plots and start point etc... making the plot total fabrication of fascinating mind set. The Field of the Dead is a totally other thing as it's being made into a Tutu and or BGT mod. So putting that into the BGT game is "easy" when it's actually done by Echon first.
The above of course doesn't prevent us from making mods or mod lists that clear up the compatibility of the general mods with the TC game setups which can then be included to the BWS.

I'll try to find time to make this mod soonish. So put it on your x-mas list people. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 14 December 2013 - 06:35 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#44 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

RTT: total conversion mod... Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II would also be nice ...

And then there's the Classic Adventures mod too. Epic Endeavors... Baldur's Gate: Shadow Hand TC. Dragon Lance TC .

Now, including the Total Conversion mods to the BWP is kinda bad idea as playing those comes with the fact that they are set in their own plots and start point etc... making the plot total fabrication of fascinating mind set. The Field of the Dead is a totally other thing as it's being made into a Tutu and or BGT mod. So putting that into the BGT game is "easy" when it's actually done by Echon first.
The above of course doesn't prevent us from making mods or mod lists that clear up the compatibility of the general mods with the TC game setups which can then be included to the BWS.

I'll try to find time to make this mod soonish. So put it on your x-mas list people. :devil:

Heh :lol: i meant making TC BWP compatible versions as a joke but if you are serious go for it i would play those in BWP. :coolthumb:

Well that what i though about The Field of the Dead mod.

I totally forgot Classic Adventures and Epic Endeavors :doh: (never tried those or Return to Trademeet mod). But Shadow Hand isn't ready (maybe never will???) and i have never heard about Dragon Lance TC. :ermm:

So if these are done by x-mas it would be nice. :P Though i can't try those mods anytime soon because my current BWP is still at BG1 so maybe next summer i can try those mods. :(

Edited by micbaldur, 14 December 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#45 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

and i have never heard about Dragon Lance TC. :ermm:

Dragon Lance Total Conversion(Glory of Istar) and Battle at the Deep TC . PS, I think you have heard of the DLTCEP editor, that some if not most of the mod makers thank in their readme's. Well it's direct decedent from the Glory of Istar project, and also why the editor always says to fail to find the "moraleai.ids" file, which was in the mod, but not in the vanilla game. :lol2:

Erhm you did understand that I only referred to the BG1toBG2areas mod which I showed the compile ready- .tp2 file. Not the TC to BG2 ... I am not that ambitious.

Edit:

1 dialog & the encounter down, 2 diags to go, and home stench, as in linking and making sure it all borks. F-cheese, the other dialog just irks me to no end...

Edited by The Imp, 14 December 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#46 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

and i have never heard about Dragon Lance TC. :ermm:

Dragon Lance Total Conversion(Glory of Istar) and Battle at the Deep TC . PS, I think you have heard of the DLTCEP editor, that some if not most of the mod makers thank in their readme's. Well it's direct decedent from the Glory of Istar project, and also why the editor always says to fail to find the "moraleai.ids" file, which was in the mod, but not in the vanilla game. :lol2:

Erhm you did understand that I only referred to the BG1toBG2areas mod which I showed the compile ready- .tp2 file. Not the TC to BG2 ... I am not that ambitious.

Well :lol: yes i did understand that but i just though to try little more encouragement :P and maybe then... oh well no harm in trying though. :D

And yes i have heard DTLCEP and use it also sometimes. But who reads readmes :whistling: maybe i should read them more often.

#47 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

K, so I have been working on the mod a little... and I'll give a promise that it should be ready at the end of this month... and the mod will have a little more components than just the BG2 to BG1 and back component.

The mod will not work with any of the other than the BGT-weidu big Worldmap mods without the Worldmap mod being installed first, this will get a fixed when and if ever the Worldmap mod itself will be patched to take my mod into account. Yes, the dream is to make the mod installable somewhere before the SCS in BWP ... for reasons of an evil conspiracy.

Now, I am off to instal the BGT... hi hihi hiihihih. :ROFL:

#48 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Heh, great work Imp. :lol:

Sad that i can't test it until i have finished my current BWP install (maybe next summer earliest). At least mod is tested and ready to install by then.

Next in line is....  :whistling: ....  :naughty: .... maybe Icewind Dale Baldur's Gate II :woot: or maybe not. :P

#49 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Fire and joy! Can't wait to give it a test spin when it comes out. Why not create a component that'll patch up the Worldmap beforehand, though, for pre-map install testing purposes, if nothing else? An optional piece, say, that you can manually modify the Worldmap files with for those who'd like it installed in the order you want, or push a fix through on the patcher?

c2oJYXg.gif

#50 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

An optional piece, say, that you can manually modify the Worldmap files with for those who'd like it installed in the order you want, or push a fix through on the patcher?

Well, the way the worldmap mods work is the cause. Yes, the worldmap files are special, as all the old mods that edit them overwrite them completely, it's too complicated to fix in one mod to fit all without the decision of which mod does it last, and the Worldmap mod is the only natural consideration the community has made. It's the reason for the mods origin. And I am not about the write another worldmap mod(28 000kb's)... just to install my small 400kb mod(without the setup-*modname*.exe file).

And the reasons why the old mods overwrote them is that it was impossible to edit the files in 2002-2005... until the weidu.exe came with the patching ... I don't have the dates for that, but according to the tutorial, it clear  that it has evolved the whole Worldmap mods history, well to 2009 when the oldest files in the tutorial was updated.

Edited by The Imp, 02 January 2014 - 03:10 AM.

#51 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

I understood just enough of that to realize it's a hassle. A shame, but ah well! Still looking forward to whatever you come up with ^_^

c2oJYXg.gif

#52 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

I understood just enough of that to realize it's a hassle. A shame, but ah well! Still looking forward to whatever you come up with ^_^
Yeah, that's what it's all about... a horrible mess.

Erhm, progress report: :devil: In another words, we are going no where report... :(
OK, so I have gotten nearly everything else except the BGT's BG2 to BG1 and back component ready for shipment, and now I am tasting something horrible, and nice little ("not a valid GAME V1.1 file (wrong sig)")) error comes to visit me.. I just got to hope some one comes with an answer to that so I can continue to make the mod.

Edited by The Imp, 06 January 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#53 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:55 AM

No answers from me I'm afraid; but a question instead ;) You got stuck Mr. Imp?

And what exactly was this mod of yours supposed to do - allow moving from SoA maps to BG1 maps?

Edited by Dakk, 29 May 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#54 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:26 AM

You got stuck Mr. Imp?

And what exactly was this mod of yours supposed to do - allow moving from SoA maps to BG1 maps?
Well, I got lazy... I got the above issue resolved... but the lazy bug bit me again.
And yeah, but allowing the access was just one thing, other component names, I of course reserve the right to make changes:
Spoiler

Edited by The Imp, 29 May 2014 - 03:28 AM.

#55 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

Well, I got lazy...
And yeah, but allowing the access was just one thing, other component names:
Spoiler

What's this, even more items. :woot: Need 4 and 7 ASAP.

Me thinks  :devil:  back to work :new_bottom: or juhannus voi olla "kuivia koti-iltoja"  :P and there is plenty of free time before World Cup 2014 starts.

And same seriously i hope that you finish this before autumn/early winter when it's time for my next BWP install. :cheers:

#56 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:00 AM

Any update on the mod?

#57 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

Any update on the mod?

Not much, unfortunately, I need to redo a few bits, and I know how, just got to find the time to...

#58 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

I also romance Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia, Dace (first time), Yvette, Isra (first time), Nalia, Amber, Kiara, Kim, Saerileth, Tyris, Tashia, Skie (first time), Sheena, Fade, Ninde, Sime before going to Brynnlaw. :P

Quoted for fun.

#59 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

Hey there Jarno!

While another mod is always cool, what I'm really looking for right now is simply a way to stop BG (or rather BigWorld to be precise) from blocking access to BG1 areas from BG2 part of the game. As far as I believe, there should be something as meager as dozen or two lines of script somewhere in BGT that are the culprit. Any chance you might know which ones and could give me a hint so that I just erase the buggers for good before installation?

Edited by Creepin, 10 October 2014 - 09:15 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#60 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hey there Jarno!

While another mod is always cool, what I'm really looking for right now is simply a way to stop BG (or rather BigWorld to be precise) from blocking access to BG1 areas from BG2 part of the game. As far as I believe, there should be something as meager as dozen or two lines of script somewhere in BGT that are the culprit. Any chance you might know which ones and could give me a hint so that I just erase the buggers for good before installation?

Well, it's more a factual case that the two map areas are not connected by anything(expect a script that works in one direction just like the Console -command MoveToArea...), and my mod will fix that.

My butt should be kicked...