Photo

Gavin BGT Hotfix error: "the mod was not found"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

What does this mean? Has the BGT hotfix for Gavin failed to install or was it already installed or something?

The "error":
Spoiler

And my Weidu:
Spoiler

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:26 AM

First off, you should probably be using v20, not v19. Second, the hotfix is no longer required, as the changes were incorporated several versions ago. So if you know how to skip that step in the installation, go ahead. Unfortunately, the whole BWS routine is far beyond my ability to alter. Or probably not, but I've never really had the time or inclination to learn how it works.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 JustMe

JustMe
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

First off, you should probably be using v20, not v19. Second, the hotfix is no longer required, as the changes were incorporated several versions ago. So if you know how to skip that step in the installation, go ahead. Unfortunately, the whole BWS routine is far beyond my ability to alter. Or probably not, but I've never really had the time or inclination to learn how it works.

Ah alright, then BWP probably didnt install the hotfix on purpose. I figured it was something like that, as otherwise I would have expected some more conventional error message like "you have ruined your entire installation!" :P

About the version of Gavin, yeah it seems the BWP is using v19 instead of 20. The BWP Links are also linking to Gavin v19 actually. The changelog says that only a typo is fixed in Gavin v20 though. Which is pretty reassuring :) if it doesn't mean a script typo... :ph34r:

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

Unfortunately, I don't remember. I'm still trying to find the time to rebuild my installation after reformatting hy hard drive.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum