Photo

1pp animation fixes for IWD:TotLM

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 cosmo

cosmo
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:45 AM

I think there's something with the WeiDU installation, fixable in TP2. Don't know how though :)
The mentioned problem workaround is:
- install 1st component, quit
- install 2nd component, quit
- install 3rd component
If installing them without quit there's an error about the wrong EXE version.

You were perfectly right, my friend, thank you very much. :Bow:
I wonder how i could install the palette mod though.

#22 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

The palette mod installs fine, it does not create any incompatibilities. I can post my WeiDU.log if needed, but later.

#23 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

I think there's something with the WeiDU installation, fixable in TP2. Don't know how though :)
The mentioned problem workaround is:
- install 1st component, quit
- install 2nd component, quit
- install 3rd component
If installing them without quit there's an error about the wrong EXE version.

Yes. It would appear the arrays don't get cleared between components, which is odd because I think they did when I tested? Maybe a change in WeiDU?

Fixed installer here; see if the problem still happens.

I'll update the download once it's confirmed to work :)

崇高滑稽
·

#24 cosmo

cosmo
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Yes. It would appear the arrays don't get cleared between components, which is odd because I think they did when I tested? Maybe a change in WeiDU?

Fixed installer here; see if the problem still happens.

I'll update the download once it's confirmed to work :)

And it works !

Edited by cosmo, 02 August 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#25 pacek

pacek
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

That's all very good news!

#26 -Beholder-

-Beholder-

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

Does it matter when to install this fixpack if other stuff (like the Widescreen Mod, G3 fixes/tweaks, etc.) is installed? Would the following install order be alright:

Icewind Dale
Heart of Winter
Trials of the Luremaster
Widescreen Mod v3.05
1pp IWD Fixes v1.00 (w/ updated .tp2)
G3 IWD Fixpack v1
G3 IWD Unfinished Business v5
G3 IWD Item Upgrade v3
IWD NPC Mod v2
1pp IWD HQ Music v1.00
G3 IWD Tweaks v12

Many thanks in advance for any tips.

#27 -Beholder-

-Beholder-

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

Having consulted a lot of readmes, I ended up installing in this order:

Icewind Dale
Heart of Winter
Trials of the Luremaster
1pp IWD Fixes v1.00 (w/ updated .tp2)
G3 IWD Fixpack v1
abIWD-HotFix
G3 IWD Unfinished Business v5
G3 IWD Item Upgrade v3
IWD NPC Mod v2
G3 IWD Tweaks v12
Widescreen Mod v3.05
1pp IWD HQ Music v1.00

No errors occured, game starts and looks fine. Hope all is going to work well.

Too bad there is not a great deal of info on a recommended IWD install order to be found, and that which exists is for the most part outdated and/or rather speculative than affirmative. For instance, I had to figure out on my own that 1pp IWD Fixes v1.00 needs to be installed before G3 IWD Fixpack v1 for the former's second option not to overwrite the latter's script changes.

#28 2xCut

2xCut
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

From what I understand, this fix simply restores older animations used in IWD without expansion packs, i.e. original BG I animations. At the same time, it is incompatible with most 1pp releases. Does that mean that 1pp v2/v3 animation/avatar/paperdoll/other replacements available for both BG II and IWD series still offer better quality as compared to this fix? For instance, 1pp v2.70 pack offers custom-made re-worked weapon graphics and paperdolls and 1pp Thieves Galore has awesome custom-made hooded avatars and paperdolls. I assume these won't be available once you restore the original IWD animations which makes this fix far less attractive than restoring better-looking BG I graphics (with re-worked additions) through these other 1pp releases. Could you confirm this or correct me if I am completely wrong? In other words, which of the 1pp packs for IWD graphic replacement should I use to get the finest quality?

To sum up:
This fix: BG I graphics replacement, incompatible with other 1pp mods.
1pp v2.70 and v3 releases: BG I graphics replacement AND re-worked stuff AND additinal ehnancements AND custom content.

I realize *quality* is subjective, but I generally agree with 1pp ethos in this regard, i.e. BG I stuff looks better than BG II, and most custom content made by 1pp artists (like these unique thief avatars) fits into BG I style.

Edited by 2xCut, 14 May 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#29 Viktor

Viktor
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Stunning work, many thanks Erephine.

Please note, the mod is not updated (fixed installer).

Edited by Viktor, 22 May 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#30 mssellerie69

mssellerie69
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

The link for the fix is dead.

#31 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

The link for the fix is dead.

DAMMNIT ERPHINE I TOLD YOU NOT TO UPLOAD TO MEGAUPLOAD THAT SITE SUCKS AND I HATE WAITING FOR DOWNLOADS RAGERRRAGAGABLASA </anger>

A workaround would just to install one component at a time (meaning, close WeiDU after installing the first component, install second, close again, you get the idea.).
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#32 mssellerie69

mssellerie69
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I tried to install it this way, but it doesn't work. Does any body got the file for me? :crying:

#33 mssellerie69

mssellerie69
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

I installed Icewind Dale new. First Icewind Dale, 2nd Heart of Winter, 3rd Trials of the Luremaster.

Then I wanted to install 1pp IWD Fixes. First component "1ppv: Fix character attack animation sounds in TotLM" - OK
But the 2nd component "1ppv: Fix combat animation bug (enable combat stance animations)" gave me this error:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [MWDRSD.BAM] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [1ppv: Fix combat animation bug (enable combat stance animations)], rolling back to previous state
[1pp_iwd_fixes/backup/1/UNSETSTR.1] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 19 files for [1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2] component 1.
Restoring backed-up [1pp_iwd_fixes/backup/1/IDMain.exe]
1pp_iwd_fixes/backup/1/IDMain.exe copied to IDMain.exe, 6873088 bytes
Uninstalled 19 files for [1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2] component 1.
Unable to Unlink [1pp_iwd_fixes/backup/1/READLN.1]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "1pp_iwd_fixes/backup/1/READLN.1")
Unable to Unlink [1pp_iwd_fixes/backup/1/READLN.1.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "1pp_iwd_fixes/backup/1/READLN.1.TEXT")
1PP_IWD_FIXES/1PP_IWD_FIXES.TP2 0 0 Installed
ERROR: Failure("resource [MWDRSD.BAM] not found for 'COPY'")

Any idea :crying:

#34 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Only one suggestion - get the IWD-in-BG2 conversion on G3 (which, IIRC, have all the 1PP components integrated).

#35 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

I'm having an issue where the male elf / half-elf paperdoll (ranger & mage) has an offset error. all equipment is shifted to the right of the correct position by some amount of pixels. Is this a problem with my install order? I'm using IWD + How + ToL + 1.42 patch, followed by these mods. I performed full installs.

WeiDu log:
Spoiler

#36 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

Is the installer of the uploaded version estill broken/requiring you to restart after each component? I can't remember whether I got around to updating with the fixed one or not.

I installed Icewind Dale new. First Icewind Dale, 2nd Heart of Winter, 3rd Trials of the Luremaster.

Then I wanted to install 1pp IWD Fixes. First component "1ppv: Fix character attack animation sounds in TotLM" - OK
But the 2nd component "1ppv: Fix combat animation bug (enable combat stance animations)" gave me this error:

It seems your install is missing the IWD dragon animation, which sounds like something may be off with your game files. Have you done a full install? I'm pretty sure this would cause issues with the game aside from any mod compatibility.

I'm having an issue where the male elf / half-elf paperdoll (ranger & mage) has an offset error. all equipment is shifted to the right of the correct position by some amount of pixels. Is this a problem with my install order? I'm using IWD + How + ToL + 1.42 patch, followed by these mods. I performed full installs.

This should be fixed with current releases. If you install the 1pp animation fixes for IWD first and then install/update to 1ppv4 everything should work correctly.

崇高滑稽
·

#37 mssellerie69

mssellerie69
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Erephine: Yes, I have done a full install. :crying:

#38 Erephine

Erephine

leit að lífi

• 1912 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

Well, you can try putting this in your override and it will install. I still think your game/install is bugged though. The files should not be missing.

Attached File  IWD_dragon.rar   12.79MB   694 downloads

崇高滑稽
·

#39 -agris-

-agris-

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thanks Erephine, I can't wait to try this. I only wish I had delayed my IWD romp!

#40 mssellerie69

mssellerie69
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

Erephine: I put the Dragon files in the Override. Now I got this error:

Spoiler

Any suggestions?