• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 10:47 PM

The next build is ready for testing. I will PM the testers with the download site.

There is one known issue right now that you should be aware of:
Your game may crash about 5 seconds into the cult battle soon after the conversation with Enghrath. This is being resolved. If you manage to get through it without crashing, please explain anything you did. If you must, Ctrl+y your way through the cultists AFTER conversation.

Cuv

#2 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 12:06 AM

Here is a listing of the known issues for 3.0

KNOWN ISSUES

* The Tomes of Understanding and Quickness of Actions still do not register a charge and are unuseable at present.
* Cespenar does not yet have his dialogue included for new items.
* Loss of one int as a result of player hitting their head on the floor currently may not be healed.
* Some of the battle music sounds distorted.
* Vidar and his vampires do not appear if you attack the cult.
* Game crashes if all twenty cult memebers attack you.
* The cult meeting cutscenes are alpha stuff.

I have sent all the testers a pm with the download address. If you are a tester and did not recieve this, please PM me and let me know.

Cuv

#3 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 12:42 AM

There is a complete version history in the RtW folder. I'd play through at least once before reading it.

As ever I'd like some dialogue feedback... and better than the weak trickle that came with 2.9.

Are all the questions you want there?
Do the responses match?
Is there anywhere an NPC interjection should go?

That sort of thing. The most important element though is WHY. Explain why you think something should be done, otherwise it won't happen.

Everything you think about the dialogue, be it a line you hate, a reply that feels out of place, a response you think is missing... I want to know.

Variables to watch:

RTWDasypusBond (Dasypus LOCAL)
RTWDasypusStory (Dasypus LOCAL)
RTWMoreToKnow (Daspus LOCAL)

RTWWizardsLeaving (Cult GLOBAL) - I don't think you can get this currently since the cutscene to trigger this part of the conversation isn't functioning properly. Only check if the wizards (other than Enghrath) start talking to you.

#4 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 03:13 PM

OK that was a major pain in the arse.

It took forever to bring up the download site. Speeds were so bad just brining up the pages, never mind downloading, that I gave up & waited 6 hours to try again.

Parts 1-5 downloaded without too many problems (still way slow) ... but it took me 5 tries to get the auto download page for part 6 to even come up.

Then finally with all 6 parts on my PC I went to uncompact them. Well I now officially hate WinACE. The GUI is flaky, my trail license had expired, & not a single one of the rar files were able to uncompress without error. The following files had problems.

Part1: lame.exe
Part2: brtw1e3.ogg, brtw1f1.ogg, & arrtw0.tis
Part3: arrtw0.tis
Part4: arrt08.tis (might have the name wrong on this one)
Part5: rtwjar18.mp3
Part6: rtwqui6.mp3

Needless to say I didn't even try to install.

Just for my own sanity I would like to request a single zip file download hosted somewhere else, please.

#5 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 04:53 PM

I hate WinACE now too... it has screwed up too many of my compressions...just use WinRAR. Michel should have sent you a PM with an alternate site. Check your PM's. He has it. I will try to get him a single file to upload soon.

Cuv

#6 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 10:42 PM

I don't like WinACE either, and in recent tests WinRAR has been giving me better compression, which is why we're back with RARs. I highly reccomend WinRAR, and I for one will only upload RARs.

The reason the mod is in pieces is because I am on a V.90 which disconnects every two hours, and it takes me 3-4 hours to upload this mod.

Uploads in the future will be handled by Cuv.

#7 Dyara

Dyara
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 12:12 AM

No problems with WinRAR. Using the server in Texas speed was good. Took me about 20 minutes to download all six pieces. New York was much slower, couldnīt connect to Finland.

#8 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 01:38 PM

Well my computer only lets me do 2 at a time, so I'll be playing hopefully sometime this week.

#9 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 05:23 PM

Some beta reportishness, sirs and ma'ams ^_^

Character! :D
Neutral Evil(Neutral Good until Hell) Male Elf Fighter
Strength: 9(21) Girdle of Frost Giant Strength :D
Dexterity: 19
Constitution: 15(17) Two from Hell :)
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 10
Charisma 18(20) One point from Hell, one from Plate of Balduran :)

My character was friendly with Garren Windspear sir, during SoA :)

Possible Typo/bugs/other dialogue thingies :D (I used the American English version of the mod) :)

1. During the first Immy kitty conversation :)

"We've always helped each other out... Little brother, I need your help!" You can see that she is on the verge of tears.

One of the responses is: Check no one else is listening. "I'll help however I can, little sister."

* - Should it be "Check that no one else is listening", or "Check. No one else is listening", or somesuch? *purrs* :D Me not knows, not good grammar cat :)

2. The journal entry from meeting the messenger :)

"I ran into a messenger from the Order of the Radiant Heart. He gave me a message from Garren Windspear. It seems the he needs my help urgently and will meet me at Watchers Keep."

* - the he = that he; Watchers Keep = Watcher's Keep ?:)

3. During the first conversation with missus Jarata :)

"I do hope you enjoy a challenge, CHARNAME." You get the feeling her words are more important than they seem.

One of the dialogue choices is: "Just so long as this isn't too rough, I should be okay." @606=

* - The "@606=" thingie :)

4. During the first conversation with the Vidar guyo :)

"We both have our partsss to play; are you ready to walk to your doom? I ssshall be there to greet you."

One of the dialogue choices is: "Why allow them to use you? Break free! Join with me, and together we shall control our destinies, if only for a short while."

* - Right underneath that choice, though... is the exact same thing ?:)

IE. The one above was the 4th choice, and the 5th one was: "Why allow them to use you? Break free! Join with me, and together we shall control our destinies, if only for a short while."

I have screenshots for those, but no hostingness ;_;

That's it for typos :D

As for dialogue suggestions... :)

For the two ghouls that are going to eat poor Clucky(Bert and George ghoulies), me thinkies they say "Human flesh" a bit too much? ?:)

Maybe they could have more... variation things? ?:)

For example, if Bert says "Human flesh tastes bad"; George could say "What's wrong with it?" instead of "What's wrong with human flesh?"

Probably a bad example, but... rowr :)

On to the battle things! :D

Umm... the fights were a bit... spookyish :) It was like "AH!!! BAT! KILL IT!", and stuff ^_^ And my computer started chugging, when the vampies kept morphing from Bat to vampire, to mist, to bat... etc. Really, really slow... perhaps strict-ish system requirements should be set, sirs and ma'ams? :D

Not to discourage people from playing, of course... just so that they won't whine when everything starts lagging :)

Also, (But this might be because I play on Novice) the vampires seemed to use Domination a LOT.... on characters that were immune to charm :D

All so far, too scared of the vampies to advance for now! :D Must make vampy killing tactics! Over and out and stuff ^_^ *salutes* :)

Edit: Oops! "Bert and George" instead of "Bert and Ernie" ;_; Sorry if this was a cameo or something :(
Is kitty :)

#10 Delvar

Delvar
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 05:44 PM

Something seems to be wrong with the 5th one I think, and I can't seem to download it. I'll try again later when I have more time, but I don't know if I can get much done. Still only have 1 and 2 I get kicked for 3 and 4 and can't get 5 to work at all. If I can get this thing working I'll send a reply back, hopefully I can send it soon.

#11 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 06:18 PM

After more pain and suffering RtW is installed. All I can say is thank you Michel! I had to re-download all 6 files & his site was a ton faster & didn't give me the corrupt files I got yesterday. Compression be darned, I would like to suggest a zip file for the next beta and definitely for the final.

In other good news I didn't see any interaction with Tashia the way I did last time. All items & stuff look fine!

#12 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 07:36 PM

Some more oddities :D

After opening Sir Donalus's cell, my character said he didn't have the key to free him ?:)

When I tried to talk again, he had nothing to say :D

Err... :D

No screenshot of that, though :(

I do have a screenshot of the next weird one, though :D

Sir Buliwyf(After opening his cell, then talking to him) seems to have caught missus Jarata, except... missus Jarata is nowhere to be found ?:)

Also, the conversation ends uneventfully :D

Talking again has the same result ?:)

Edit: Something else :)

The captured paladins(Excluding Sir Donalus and Sir Buliwyf) don't have quotation marks around their speech :)

Example: Walk humbly and love justice.

Instead of "Walk humbly and love justice."

:D

#13 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 08:08 PM

Two more possible typos :D

1. The encounter with Sir Caswallon :)

Before you stand a group of knights. Their amour is filthy, covered in muck, grime and blood.

* - Armor ?:)

2. Third Immy kitty conversation

No screenshot of this one, sorry ;_;

But Viconia cat says something like:"Stop gawping"

Then she heals Immy kitty ?:)

* - Gawking ?:D

3. I think this is already mentioned, but.... the knights still say "Follow me, CHARNAME" when they become hostile :D

#14 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 08:20 PM

Ok, yet another oddish thing ?:)

When I went back up the stairs I came from, I ran into the exact same group of knights... :D

Amour spelling was still there, too... :)

Umm.... the only other thing I have installed is the No-Globe Cloak of Mirroring
:D

Edit: I found some stuff from a mod I thought was removed? ?:)

Well, me reinstall BG2 *purrs* :D

#15 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 10:56 PM

After more pain and suffering RtW is installed. All I can say is thank you Michel! I had to re-download all 6 files & his site was a ton faster & didn't give me the corrupt files I got yesterday. Compression be darned, I would like to suggest a zip file for the next beta and definitely for the final.

In other good news I didn't see any interaction with Tashia the way I did last time. All items & stuff look fine!

We're not doing a Zip file, and that wouldn't change a thing (except you'd have had to download a larger file). Your problems have nothing to do with RAR, and when there was no evidence to show that it was related to your troubles, I wonder why you jumped to Zip.

#16 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 07:19 AM

Here is a list of all the creatures that Xyx would find battle reports useful for:

Vampires (all bar Vidar)
Beholders & Gauths (all except Doomsphere and Hive Mother)
Infernal Guard (Cuv's babies)
King Strohm
Cult Mages (all schools)

Don't bother with Dasypus battle reports, his AI is being worked on currently.

#17 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 09:19 PM

Could the large bats be hostile(Red circle, and such), instead of having a blue circle under them, please? :)

They attack you anyway, and it's hard to hit them with certain spells if they have blue circles :( (Like Abi Dalzhim's Horrid Wilting, or Sunray) :)

Edit 2: :)

#18 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 10:44 PM

The large bats will not be hostile because they do not attack you. Their effects are a distraction effect (documented by AD&D) which can only be implemented within this engine through the use of the Attack function.

Actually, we could do it via a spell.

#19 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 03:04 AM

Here are another couple of variables to check

RTWGoodActs
RTWEvilActs

Check them after each dialogue.

#20 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 03:16 AM

1. During the first Immy kitty conversation :)

"We've always helped each other out... Little brother, I need your help!" You can see that she is on the verge of tears.

One of the responses is: Check no one else is listening. "I'll help however I can, little sister."

* - Should it be "Check that no one else is listening", or "Check. No one else is listening", or somesuch? *purrs* :D Me not knows, not good grammar cat

You are indeed right.

2. The journal entry from meeting the messenger

"I ran into a messenger from the Order of the Radiant Heart. He gave me a message from Garren Windspear. It seems the he needs my help urgently and will meet me at Watchers Keep."

* - the he = that he; Watchers Keep = Watcher's Keep ?

Consider it fixed.

3. During the first conversation with missus Jarata

"I do hope you enjoy a challenge, CHARNAME." You get the feeling her words are more important than they seem.

One of the dialogue choices is: "Just so long as this isn't too rough, I should be okay." @606=

* - The "@606=" thingie

OK, another one to go.

4. During the first conversation with the Vidar guyo

"We both have our partsss to play; are you ready to walk to your doom? I ssshall be there to greet you."

One of the dialogue choices is: "Why allow them to use you? Break free! Join with me, and together we shall control our destinies, if only for a short while."

* - Right underneath that choice, though... is the exact same thing ?

IE. The one above was the 4th choice, and the 5th one was: "Why allow them to use you? Break free! Join with me, and together we shall control our destinies, if only for a short while."

That'll be a stat check missing. Dealing with...

For the two ghouls that are going to eat poor Clucky(Bert and George ghoulies), me thinkies they say "Human flesh" a bit too much? ?

Maybe they could have more... variation things? ?

For example, if Bert says "Human flesh tastes bad"; George could say "What's wrong with it?" instead of "What's wrong with human flesh?"

Probably a bad example, but... rowr

They did, but Cuv wanted it switched back to human flesh.

After opening Sir Donalus's cell, my character said he didn't have the key to free him ?:)

When I tried to talk again, he had nothing to say :D

His conversation is placeholder. This will be given a good overhaul in the next version.

I do have a screenshot of the next weird one, though

Sir Buliwyf(After opening his cell, then talking to him) seems to have caught missus Jarata, except... missus Jarata is nowhere to be found ?

Also, the conversation ends uneventfully

Talking again has the same result ?

I'd forgotten he was in the cell. I'll add a check to fix this.

The captured paladins(Excluding Sir Donalus and Sir Buliwyf) don't have quotation marks around their speech :)

Example: Walk humbly and love justice.

Instead of "Walk humbly and love justice."

They shouldn't say anything. Proably a copy & paste job. I'll fix it.

1. The encounter with Sir Caswallon

Before you stand a group of knights. Their amour is filthy, covered in muck, grime and blood.

* - Armor ?

Guess I forgot to spellcheck some of the files.

2. Third Immy kitty conversation

No screenshot of this one, sorry ;_;

But Viconia cat says something like:"Stop gawping"

Then she heals Immy kitty ?:)

* - Gawking ?

Ah, American's don't do gawping? Didn't know that, will fix.

3. I think this is already mentioned, but.... the knights still say "Follow me, CHARNAME" when they become hostile

OK, will fix.

When I went back up the stairs I came from, I ran into the exact same group of knights...

Amour spelling was still there, too...

What stairs?

Thanks for the feedback Gospel. I'll implement fixes for all this.