Photo

Spoilers: Tester area for BETAv3.0

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Mael

Mael
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 01:14 AM

"Hehe... just a little extra. How long did it take before the secret door became visible? Could you have possibly missed it if you had not hung around in that area? I dont want it to be obvious."

Well, I think I only found it because I was looking everywhere for secret doors, so I don't think it was too obvious. It took a little while, I was just moving downward when it 'appeared'.

"Which door is locked? Can you give me coordinates to the general area?"

I don't have BG2 open at this point, but it is the door guarded by the two Infernal Guards with dialogue. I tried opening it with Jan it gave the "door guarded can't be opened by spells or thieves" schtick.

"Great:D How was the effect? I timed the torches to light in a closing circle... and not all at once. Are the flames too big? Too blue? Comments are welcome."

I thought it looked great. Couple of points tho:

I think maybe the flames are a bit big... unless you are going for a wild flame look, in which case they look perfect. ;)

Was it just me or did the cutscene take a bit long to start? Nothing serious and I imagine most cutscenes are like that.

"Avoid posting direct comments about this character for now here. Try out Shel and start a new thread with comments about that. Put a big spoiler warning in the topic. I want to keep this secret for a while... so use your best judgement. Only technical issues should be discussed. No specifics please. No mention of class, race, or gender:D"

Will do. Quick Question: What feedback do you need for Shel? Dialogue testing? Or other?

"Thank you very much for the feedback. Keep in mind that none of the text strings will be right by dropping such files into your override as they havent been written to the dialog.tlk"

I should of realized that. :ph34r:
This way? That way? Which way?

#102 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 07:29 AM

Somehow 2 area's keep crashing the game. 1 area behind the 3 knights and the 2nd area with the map not "Entrance to the Maze" These two area's wont load.

#103 Mael

Mael
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 07:53 AM

Some of the areas on mine seem to be corrupted as well...

We both installed RtW before other mods and seeing as how it worked before installing them, it must be another mod doing it?

I'll uninstall and then re-install these mod one by one, see which is messing it up.
This way? That way? Which way?