Photo

Bodhi quests/history/romance

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Toews

Toews
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

This mod would be much like The Longer Road but with more of a twist and way more room for content. It would start out with you choosing Bodhi instead of the Shadow Thieves. I would imagine more dialogue/history= more quests, so you might end up doing less to get to Spellhold. You showing a taste for blood makes her believe she can turn you and become more powerful herself (an undead/bhaal soul, which would not happen until the end). Before you leave for Spellhold she offers to join your party, and by this time you will have been bitten. She tells the PC little about her past life for a while until she mentions her brother then things would start to pick up as for as romance goes.

You would find out she was working with him, but would not find out Irenicus is her brother as part of the original story. This might prompt the Elves to take her hostage leaving you to find the Lanthorn back in the tombs. Fight ensues with the return of the Lanthorn, you save her, she tells you about her and Irenicus and about you+her, and Bodhi then decides to fight Irenicus with you.

Thought of lots of cool stuff like offering Aerie to Bodhi and yourself to eat lol.
A lot more dialogue with the other Vampires
More Vampires in the world
Maybe go ahead and add Valen in this pack too?
New abilities... Vampiric Slayer form anyone?
New Items for evil players (equivalent Carsomyr +6)
Your fists act as +5 weapons (max level) with level drain, bleed, and slow effects.
Revamped dialogue between NPCs, mainly Party members. Aerie will be a lot of fun.

Dialogue would not be Twilighty in fact I offer to do it myself =]. There is no turning Bodhi good, in fact a Chaotic Evil PC is the best choice. I'm sure you and I would be on the same page, but I feel I have some really cool ideas not stated in here. If you think you might want to take this on I would gladly do the all the dialogue not just Bodhi because I have some great stuff. I feel that Bodhi is tied so closely to Irenicus she should be included more than just dust in a coffin, and the story would really fit right in with romance. Not to mention she is a pretty sexy mistress.

Edited by Toews, 06 August 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#2 EmPhasis

EmPhasis
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Edited by EmPhasis, 06 August 2011 - 03:10 PM.

Tribute to Classic Adentures !

#3 Toews

Toews
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

No she would bite you because she can't resist the taste of Bhaal's blood. Personally, in the Forgotten Reams Vampires are bad and only do good things for their own evil plans. This is speaking generally, of course, but Irenicus said in the game how she enjoys being one. Her being saved shouldn't be an option only one maybe two evil outcomes; where she and you share a soul and one where you were too much of a pussy to enjoy it. Her and you becoming good is too much like Twilight imo and screams bad dialogue. Making her more "complicated and deep" reveals her true self which was stated in my OP, but I dumbed it down to get the general idea... details are staying with me.

The romance between them would revolve around sex, blood, and power. Along with Bodhi showing affection towards the PC (later on when she begins to ACTUALLY open up). Have to remember she is the powerful mistress and you are not an applicable mate to start off with, so you must earn her favor=bite/blood=trust=affection=sharing blood=sex=love. The Romance is easily the most sensible out of all them except for maybe pathetic Aerie, but who in their right mind would have ever listened to her? Rivalry between another male Vampire/Vampires for her favor is constantly going on and the dominant male's status must constantly be challenged. Absolution is not yours until she trusts you with her plan.

This wouldn't even affect her stealing Imoen's soul you could still care less because you're a bad boy remember, (see what I did there?). She will actually tell you she is working with Irenicus, tells you about her taking Imoen's soul, and lie how she wants to undermine his plans. She leaves the party when you fight Irenicus in Spellhold for the first time, but then intercepts you in the Ust' Natha (right after Adalon) to tell you she knows it's you. She will elaborate on the ultimate plan and show some affection towards you. Ust' Natha proceeds as normal with a few pop-ins from Bodhi, one with Phaerie for sure. Chapter 6 is where a lot of the final romancing will take place.

Edited by Toews, 06 August 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#4 EmPhasis

EmPhasis
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

So if you have whole idea, then just do it. Posted Image

PS
It's good that you do not see any good solution of romance. Posted ImageThere are too much sweet and nuts already in mods.Posted Image There must some place for evil.
But I would advice to do at least two ways of dealing with bodhi.
And last but not least: do not forget to make some funny comments or sth. Not every mod must contain only serious dialogs Posted Image

#5 Toews

Toews
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Listening to Aerie scream and beg for mercy is funny enough, but yes there will be quite a bit of comedy in the dialogues. I actually see Bodhi having a good/sick sense of humor to go along with her "original" feelings towards you. This would help her see you are not as Irenicus said. I think the other option would be a not so terribly evil Bodhi where she regrets helping Irenicus and being exiled, but embraces being a Vampire and becomes your life mate not a shared soul.

Having a shared soul would bring a couple new abilities rather than just being DTF.

As far as undertaking this Mod. First I don't know how, second it would require so much work, and third it would need to carry over to ToB which would be even more difficult I bet.

Where would one get a DL to the info on how to write scripts, coding, creating stuff?

Edited by Toews, 06 August 2011 - 06:31 PM.

#6 EmPhasis

EmPhasis
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

Here is ShsTutorialIndex.
The simplest method of learning is to download any mod : read and try.
I wish you best of luck Posted Image

#7 -Vall-

-Vall-

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

This is a very amazing idea i luv it