Photo

My notes and comments from FFT (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

Now that i probably have finished this mod? I thank you for this excellent quest mod. :coolthumb:

First i encounter little Deja-vu (I had previously 20h traveltime to Waukeen's Promenade) WHAT??? 8 hours traveltime to Government District Westside. Well this isn't a big thing hardly worth mentioning. :P

Hopely i did find all the quests.

Questlist:
Spoiler

Now some problems i did encounter. These might have fixed already (i have v1).

Rabbit ring was unremovable from inventory (fixed it locally).

Problem getting the flamedance ring quest. Elizabeth Paraval's dialoque file was changed during the install so i had to CluaConsole new CRE (I have BWP install so this probably just hickup in my install i don't now).

Also some ghoul problems but i probably managed to get it right.

All in all very good and intertaining quest mod.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'm pleased you liked it - I had a lot of fun creating it. :cheers:

I know about the travel time problem; currently there doesn't seem to be much that can be done about it as the travel time offsets have not been located in the relevant files yet.

The rabbit ring must be from another mod.

I didn't change Elizabeth Pavaral's dialog in any of the patches, so we'll have to assume that whatever happened was a BWP hitch.

I think we've fixed the ghoul in patch 1.2.

I've checked your quest list and I can see at least two that are missing - one in Athkatla and one in Imradim. You may have missed one in Cerendor Hold but the one I'm thinking of is more of a dialogue than a quest. All of those that you did find have multiple endings (except The Missing Nameboard and The Firdos Encounter).

-Y-

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:33 AM

I'm pleased you liked it - I had a lot of fun creating it. :cheers:

I know about the travel time problem; currently there doesn't seem to be much that can be done about it as the travel time offsets have not been located in the relevant files yet.

The rabbit ring must be from another mod.

I didn't change Elizabeth Pavaral's dialog in any of the patches, so we'll have to assume that whatever happened was a BWP hitch.

I think we've fixed the ghoul in patch 1.2.

I've checked your quest list and I can see at least two that are missing - one in Athkatla and one in Imradim. You may have missed one in Cerendor Hold but the one I'm thinking of is more of a dialogue than a quest. All of those that you did find have multiple endings (except The Missing Nameboard and The Firdos Encounter).

-Y-

Well the travel time problem isn't big thing. Though i hope that you fix it in the future. :D

Sorry about Rabbit ring i assume that it's from this mod. I founded it from Assassin's Caves at Imradim. I don't like random items so i don't use those mods (well Aurora mod is only one). I don't know where it came from but that's not you problem. :D

At YS0382.ARE Elizabeth Paraval's CRE-file gets general script NOBWBAZ.BCS which changes her dialogue file to NOBWBAZ.DLG.

That ghoul thing probably didn't go right. Well i have version 1 and i can't reinstall newer version in the middle of BWP game so i check it at my next BWP install.

WHAT??? :o Did i miss some quests that's very bad. Now i have to find these two quests from Athkatla and Cerendor Hold before i go to Spellhold. :P

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

At YS0382.ARE Elizabeth Paraval's CRE-file gets general script NOBWBAZ.BCS which changes her dialogue file to NOBWBAZ.DLG.

BUG!!! I'll fix that tonight.

-Y-

#5 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

About that missing Athkatla quest. Is it this. :unsure:

Spoiler

Back to searching that Cerendor Hold quest. :D

Update:
I think that i found that missing "quest" at Cerendor Hold.
Spoiler

Edited by micbaldur, 17 August 2011 - 08:40 AM.

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

One thing that i forgot to mention is that you have many interjections from many bioware and other npc in dialogues.

Problem is that i usually don't have any of bioware npcs in the party (i use many npc mods and BIG mods and i'm doing every npc quests and romances). So i did get some "No valid dialogue..." or something like that errors. There probably should be also "solo" dialogue option in various dialogues. Nothing major though.

Well i'm glad (or not so glad) to find a bug. Glad though that it gets fixed. :D

#7 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

About that missing Athkatla quest. Is it this. :unsure:
I think that i found that missing "quest" at Cerendor Hold.

Yes and yes. You still haven't found the other one in Imradim! Or maybe you have? Clue: it has to do with a secret store.

I'll check the interjections - I thought I'd allowed for 'solo' players but I must have missed some. Can you help me with some examples?

-Y-

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

Yes and yes. You still haven't found the other one in Imradim! Or maybe you have? Clue: it has to do with a secret store.

I'll check the interjections - I thought I'd allowed for 'solo' players but I must have missed some. Can you help me with some examples?

-Y-

Yes that secret store. Is it this?
Spoiler

If not then search continues. :D

Well i didn't mean i play solo i have full party all the time.

At least at Lighthouse. After you return the key to Tanar'ri he tells you about balck lotus caravan. Tanar'ri says:

"-ssss-hehehe-ss- Somewhere else for you to find, <PRO_RACE>. One last thing for you; that fool of a Red Wizard dropped this in his haste to get away from me. Now go!! My patience has grown very thin and the Abyss calls. GO!!!"

Then you have big list of commenting bioware npcs but i don't have any of these in my party so i get that "No valid..." and so on.

Maybe you have fixed this already since i have version 1 i don't have fix for it.

I don't remember was there anything else, probably there wasn't any other.

About that Rabbit ring (RABRING.ITM) i haven't found any where in the mod folders or anywhere. I found it only at area file Assassin's Caves (YS0428.ARE) at Container 3. I continue searching it maybe i find later.

#9 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Yes that secret store. Is it this?

That's it. You have to be very careful about your replies before you learn about it.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem to find all of the Bioware interjections and to check that I have allowed for a solo player. 'Solo' also means a full party of non-Bioware NPCs.

I'll also check that container.

-Y-

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

That's it. You have to be very careful about your replies before you learn about it.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem to find all of the Bioware interjections and to check that I have allowed for a solo player. 'Solo' also means a full party of non-Bioware NPCs.

I'll also check that container.

-Y-

Well thanks for info and keep on modding because i'll keep on playing. :coolthumb:

Now i have to make visit to Cerendor Hold for that final remaining encounter.

Edited by micbaldur, 17 August 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#11 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

The result of checking:

Container 3 in the Assassin's Cave should have a Cursed Scroll of Monster Summoning in it. I'm not using RABRING anywhere :wacko:
Elizabeth Pavaral's assigned dialog (yselpara.dlg) is correct here, even in v1.
I did allow for a solo CHARNAME in all the interjections but I did not allow for a party of all non-Bioware NPCs. I'll need to update quite a few dialogs.

-Y-

#12 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

The result of checking:

Container 3 in the Assassin's Cave should have a Cursed Scroll of Monster Summoning in it. I'm not using RABRING anywhere :wacko:
Elizabeth Pavaral's assigned dialog (yselpara.dlg) is correct here, even in v1.
I did allow for a solo CHARNAME in all the interjections but I did not allow for a party of all non-Bioware NPCs. I'll need to update quite a few dialogs.

-Y-

Well i did check the area file from dq folder and i did found that ring in the container 3 with that cursed scroll. I don't mind the new items, more is better when it comes to unique items. :P

About Elizabeth Paraval's dialog file, i don't understand anything about modding but somehow that script changes that right dlg-file to generic one. When i CluaConsole new Elizabeth Paraval she has the right dlg-file and no script so then everyting goes as they should i think?

Well at least in my games at end of the chapter 2 i usually don't have any bioware npcs in the party because i have already done quests and romances for those npcs. So it good to know that fix is coming.

#13 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:02 AM

I think I have to give up on Elizabeth Pavaral as I really can't find anything wrong. She never gets assigned a script via dialog and the script she does have is one of mine. Oh well....

-Y-

#14 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

I think I have to give up on Elizabeth Pavaral as I really can't find anything wrong. She never gets assigned a script via dialog and the script she does have is one of mine. Oh well....

-Y-

If you look up actors at YS0382.ARE with NI Elizabeth Paraval (YSELPARA.CRE) has General Script NOBWBAZ.BCS.
Spoiler

It changes the dlg-file.

But if you look YSELPARA.CRE file with NI it doesn't have General Script assigned.

Where that General Script comes from i don't know probably not your mod but elsewhere.

This ain't probably your mods problem but BWP problem so no worries.

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Where that General Script comes from i don't know probably not your mod but elsewhere.

That is a generic BG2 script (modded slightly by BGT in this case, presumably to make sure it didn't fire the dialogue change during BG1). But I don't know how it got assigned on your install either. On my BWP Expert install, yselpara.cre has only rr#pickp as an override script (Rogue Rebalancing's pickpocketing script) and ysmorale as the default script. Open a command prompt to your game folder and type: weidu --change-log yselpara.cre --out yselpara.txt then post the contents of that yselpara.txt (more instructions on doing that in the megamod forum pinned topic). Also do the same for any odd .are or .itm changes you're getting.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#16 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

That is a generic BG2 script (modded slightly by BGT in this case, presumably to make sure it didn't fire the dialogue change during BG1). But I don't know how it got assigned on your install either. On my BWP Expert install, yselpara.cre has only rr#pickp as an override script (Rogue Rebalancing's pickpocketing script) and ysmorale as the default script. Open a command prompt to your game folder and type: weidu --change-log yselpara.cre --out yselpara.txt then post the contents of that yselpara.txt (more instructions on doing that in the megamod forum pinned topic). Also do the same for any odd .are or .itm changes you're getting.

Hi Miloch it's me breaking BWP again as my neverending play continues. :P

Here are the results from changelog.
RABRING.ITM:
Spoiler

YS0382.ARE:
Spoiler

YSELPARA.CRE:
Spoiler

About that generic script NOBWBAZ.BCS it is in YSPARA.CRE at YS0382.ARE file when looking with NI from dq folder also. So i don't know what's going on other than me breaking things up again. :P

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Well i did check the area file from dq folder and i did found that ring in the container 3 with that cursed scroll.

I can confirm it is there in the unmodded FFT I have too (the 2nd of two items in that container, after the scroll). As it is a vanilla BG2 object flagged as 'unmovable' it is no real mystery that you can't drop it once you click on it - it just has to be deleted from that container for the next release (or replaced with a real ring or something). (Perhaps more of a mystery is why B!Tweaks gives an undroppable ring 'sensible weapon restrictions' but heh, that's not our concern :D.)

About that generic script NOBWBAZ.BCS it is in YSPARA.CRE at YS0382.ARE file when looking with NI from dq folder also.

It is, but the BG2 engine should ignore actor script references in area files (they're used in IWD or something). Maybe some mod went through and actually applied area actor scripts to .cre files :o. You can see if that's true because after you ran the --change-log you should've ended up with a bunch of YSELPARA.####.CRE files in your game folder (where #### is the mod number in the change-log). Open each with NI or DLTCEP and see if you can find the first one with that script reference. That means the mod before it in the change-log is the one that applied the script.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#18 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

I can confirm it is there in the unmodded FFT I have too (the 2nd of two items in that container, after the scroll). As it is a vanilla BG2 object flagged as 'unmovable' it is no real mystery that you can't drop it once you click on it - it just has to be deleted from that container for the next release (or replaced with a real ring or something). (Perhaps more of a mystery is why B!Tweaks gives an undroppable ring 'sensible weapon restrictions' but heh, that's not our concern :D.)

Doesn't that ring work that's too bad you can never have too many unique item. Ring has to be fixed and leave it there so that packrats like me can rejoice another new item. :P

It is, but the BG2 engine should ignore actor script references in area files (they're used in IWD or something). Maybe some mod went through and actually applied area actor scripts to .cre files :o. You can see if that's true because after you ran the --change-log you should've ended up with a bunch of YSELPARA.####.CRE files in your game folder (where #### is the mod number in the change-log). Open each with NI or DLTCEP and see if you can find the first one with that script reference. That means the mod before it in the change-log is the one that applied the script.

None of those YSELPARA.####.CRE doesn't have that generic script only in YS0382.ARE actor YSELPARA.CRE has it. When i CLUAConsole YSELPARA.CRE then the dialogue works ok.

Edited by micbaldur, 18 August 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#19 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

Crap - so it was. Not any more, it ain't!! :woot:

-Y-

#20 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Crap - so it was. Not any more, it ain't!! :woot:

-Y-

Nooo! You break my packrat's heart. :wall: :crying: :P