Are you meant to slaughter all of Garrotten Castle?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -Hanyabull-

-Hanyabull-

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find any specific information regarding Part 2.

Based on what I have read on the forums, I think I have seen all the dialogs.

1) Arrived in Restenford by Fabio.
2) Got the main quest from Pelitar.
3) Went to Garrotten and began exploring.
4) Spoke to the NPCs in the inn. Eventually learned about the Assassin's Guild, and got jumped outside of the inn. Based on what I've read on the forums, this excludes me from seeing the Assassin's Grotto. CLUA myself to Assassin's grotto and massacred all the orcs.
5) Spoke to Abraham about the murder.
6) Spoke to Balmarrow about the murder.
7) Spoke to Harper about the murder.
8) Spoke to Lothar then went into his house and found the Holy Symbol. Notified Harper about the Holy Symbol.
9) Spoke to Martin. Only had the pre-entering house dialog with him.
10) Went to Lizard Lake and wrecked havoc on the lizards.
11) Went to Garrotten Castle. Spoke to the Mayor. She gave me the lizard quest and then told me she knew why we were there. Re-spoke to her to complete lizard quest and she told me that she would handle the murder and I can leave.
12) Went back to Garrotten and Ascue ports in and takes me back to the Mayor regarding the murder. Since I already spoke to her about this, she had no dialog. (Bug)
13) Went back to Garrotten and all 3 main NPCs were arrested. I do have the bug where the NPCs are still present, but it doesn't prevent them from being in Garrotten Castle.
14) Spoke to Martin and was told that I should break them out.

At this point, I am lost. Technically, I can go to Garrotten Castle, sound the alarms, and proceed to rape everything in there. All the quest items and NPCs are present, and I can complete the mod this way. However, is this how it was meant to be done? It seems odd to me that I just simply go in there and straight up sack the castle without any dialogs from the Mayor or her cohorts.

I am not sure I read correctly, but am I supposed to get picked up by Ascue again after the arrests?

I'd appreciate a hint or 2 by anyone who has completed this mod. Thanks!

#2 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

I played SoBH several times, and each time cutting down all the inhabitants of Garrotten Castle was the only option seeing as they all turn hostile soon after I enter the castle. Even if there's an alternative way it's hidden good enough as I never stumbled upon it.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)