How do we install BWP v10?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

Hi all,

I tried winging an installation of BWP v10 and made spaghetti of my install. Here's what I did:
  • used the BiG_World_Setup.exe version of BWS (http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=752)
  • manually updated the Mod.ini (attached), I did this because
    • I wanted to add in Vecna v23 instead of v18
    • I found that a lot of the links in this version of BWS were deprecated/broken, so I modified them to use the links from the Mod.ini of the bws_9-20110501.exe version of BWS (http://www.shsforums...ds&showfile=963)
    • it turned out the links in the Mod.ini were grabbing BiG World Installpack v10.0.4 and BiG World Fixpack v10.0.1 (the v10 versions) instead of the v9.10 versions, so updated the filesize in the .ini to reflect those
  • ran the BiG World Setup.vbs
    • selected the Tactics version of BWP
    • deselected Umbra (link was messing up for me)
    • let BWS download the mods (some I already had) and extract them
  • BWS then said that it was done and that after I click "Exit" it will launch BiG World Install.bat
    • once BiG World Install.bat started I noticed some weird things starting to happen
      [list]
    • it was trying to look for Baldur's Gate in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate, which isn't where I installed it. I pointed to the correct location (C:\Stuff\G\Baldur) in BWS, for some reason this didn't get into BiG World Install.bat. I didn't have this problem with BWP v9.10 which I ran with bws_9-20110501.exe
    • I stopped BiG World Install.bat
  • I manually updated BiG World Install.bat to point to the correct path for Baldur's Gate and reran it
    • I selected "DA" to keep all mods, "FP" for the Full Plate mod, "AD" for adult mods ;), for the Wide Screen mod I entered the resolution 1280x960
    • I let the BiG World Install.bat run and walked away... several hours later I noticed:
      (bunch of adds, appends, copies and patches)...Copying and patching 1 file ...[dialog.tlk] created, 104276 string entriesNOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The Darkest Day,  v1.14NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Shadows Over SoubarNOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Check The BodiesNOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Candlekeep ChoresNOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Check the Bodies Fast Forward, v1.1 (for CtB v1.8 or later)NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS TORTURED SOULS v6.10 (BP Compatible Version)NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Region Of Terror Kit PackPress ENTER to exit.
    • I press "Enter", and instead of exiting it continues and stops again with this:
      (bunch of adds, appends, copies and patches)...Copying and patching 1 file ...ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'Resource [CBSOUFRM.2DA] not found in KEY file:        [c:\stuff\g\BG/chitin.key]Stopping installation because of error.ERROR Installing [Shadows Over Soubar], rolling back to previous stateWill uninstall 553 files for [SETUP-SOS.TP2] component 0.Uninstalled    553 files for [SETUP-SOS.TP2] component 0.Could Not Find C:\Stuff\G\BGII - SoA\chitin.keyThe system cannot find the file specified.Could Not Find C:\Stuff\G\BGII - SoA\SOS\chitin.sosFile not found - over.bak0 File(s) copiedThe system cannot find the file specified.Could Not Find C:\Stuff\G\BGII - SoA\tisunpack.exeBif removal complete.Original .key file restoredOriginal \override\ folder also restored.ERROR: Failure("resource [CBSOUFRM.2DA] not found for 'COPY'")PLEASE email the file SETUP-SOS.DEBUG to Charles Bisson, Horred The Plague (WeiDU), King Diamond (WeiDU revision)Automatically Skipping [Shadows Over Soubar] because of error.Using Language [English][dialog.tlk] created, 104276 string entriesNOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Shadows Over SoubarPress ENTER to exit.
  • I press "Enter" again it continues and does the same thing for CtB and so on, so I eventually just pressed Ctrl-C and stopped the installation

Did I use the wrong version of BWS?

Are we even supposed to use BWS to install BWP v10? Or are we supposed to just directly run the BiG World Install.bat without using BWS?

I'd really appreciate any guidance on this, or if anyone could give a step-by-step proceedure on how to install BWP v10 it'd be great.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

I think the incorrect BG1 folder issue broke some things and may have lead to the errors above. So I copied back the files backed up by BWS for a clean install (dialog, chitin, override folder, etc) and started the BiG World Install.bat again and walked away.

I came back about 12 hours or so later. I don't think it got those errors above this time, but this time I saw it stopped at this:
(bunch of adds, appends, copies and patches)...

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: cannot convert fighter_save_array_1_50 or %fighter_save_array_1_50% to an
 integer
ERROR: [BRUNDOR.CRE] -> [override/BRUNDOR.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found
)
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fig
hters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats)], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 414 files for [SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 6015.
Uninstalled    414 files for [SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2] component 6015.
ERROR: Not_found
PLEASE email the file SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG to davidw, Gibberlings3 forums
Automatically Skipping [More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits f
or fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats)] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and ki
ts for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats)

Press ENTER to exit.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

Thanks!

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

Well, from the type, there's something wrong either in the .tp2&tp* files, file extraction or the WeiDU.exe's version is off...

Or so I would suspect, as the "fighter_save_array_1_50" should be variable in the SCSII mod, but it's not getting to be set as such, which results as an error. So either there's something wrong with the mod, or in it's use.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 September 2011 - 06:38 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Well, from the type, there's something wrong either in the .tp2&tp* files, file extraction or the WeiDU.exe's version is off...

Or so I would suspect, as the "fighter_save_array_1_50" should be variable in the SCSII mod, but it's not getting to be set as such, which results as an error. So either there's something wrong with the mod, or in it's use.

Thanks Jarno.

The version of WeiDu I'm using is 229.

I also tried searching the scsII-v19.exe archive using WinRAR and didn't find any file named BRUNDOR.CRE in it.

#5 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

The problem is with Level 50 ruleset, that doesn't extend saving throw tables to 50th level.

SCS can be made bullet-proof tothis. Find the file "scsii/misc/fighters.tph", open with notepad, and replace this block of code
// sort out saving throws
         FOR (i=1;i<6;i=i+1) BEGIN
            READ_BYTE 0x53+i ~save~
            SET ~estsave~=$fighter_save_array(~%i%~ ~%level%~)
            PATCH_IF ~estsave~<~save~ THEN BEGIN
               WRITE_BYTE 0x53+i ~estsave~
            END
         END
with this
// sort out saving throws
         FOR (i=1;i<6;i=i+1) BEGIN
            READ_BYTE 0x53+i ~save~
            ag_level = level>40 ? 40 : level
            SET ~estsave~=$fighter_save_array(~%i%~ ~%ag_level%~)
            PATCH_IF ~estsave~<~save~ THEN BEGIN
               WRITE_BYTE 0x53+i ~estsave~
            END
         END
The logic is - if creature's level is over 40, then use the save for 40th lvl.

I, however, do not know if it will help with autoinstalling BWP... Also 50th Level Ruleset components must be updated (I've no idea where exactly they are located).

Edited by GeN1e, 06 September 2011 - 11:27 AM.

Retired from modding.

#6 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:10 PM

The problem is with Level 50 ruleset, that doesn't extend saving throw tables to 50th level.

SCS can be made bullet-proof tothis. Find the file "scsii/misc/fighters.tph", open with notepad, and replace this block of code

*snip*
The logic is - if creature's level is over 40, then use the save for 40th lvl.

I, however, do not know if it will help with autoinstalling BWP... Also 50th Level Ruleset components must be updated (I've no idea where exactly they are located).

Thanks GeN1e!

I wonder if the installer with retry installing SCS II when I press "Enter", or if I'd have to start from scratch again. If there's no "retry" feature already in the installer it'd be a nice thing to add in (I can edit my .bat file and add this in if someone could direct me as to how).

#7 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:25 AM

Ok, I'm not very familiar with batch files but, after some digging through the BiG World Install.bat and SCSII's tp2 or whatever files, I managed to find the spot where the "More sensible choices of weapon proficiencies and kits for fighters (also fixes some errors in fighter stats)" component was being installed (component # 6015).

I managed to edit the "scsii/misc/fighters.tph" file as GeN1e said and slip it in without restarting the installation. Here was my workaround (only worked cuz I was doing this in a VM so could pause the machine state):

Since I'm installing this in a VM, I had paused the VM at the point where there script said "Press ENTER to exit." after the error for the above component (see my 2nd post). Last night I resumed the VM and the command window running the BiG World Install.bat was there and still said "Press ENTER to exit.".

Instead of pressing Enter, I edited the "scsii/misc/fighters.tph", then simply opened another command window in the BGII - SOA folder and manually ran the command installing this component:
Setup-scsII.exe --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 6015 --logapp

I found that command in the SETUP-SCSII.DEBUG file. It ran fine, and thus I managed to slip in the failed component. After component 6015 finished installing I paused the VM again. Tonight I shall resume the VM and press Enter in the BiG World Install.bat's command window to continue with the rest of the BWP installation. If I run into any further issues I'll post in this thread again.

Jarno, GeN1e, thank you both very much for your help :)

#8 billy3

billy3
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

Well, after that workaround the rest of the install went fine. The only message at the end was that the Improved Horns of Valhala couldn't be installed and one of the level 50 spell packs was incompatible with another one so that didn't install either.

I've attached what I thought would be the relevant files for you pros interested in looking into the issue I had and my subsequently successful install.

I have yet to actually start the game though. Hopefully I'll give it a go this weekend and post if it works or not.

Thanks!

Attached Files