Photo

Dragon Age Series - Are you a game owner?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Dragon Age Series - Are you a game owner? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games do you own?

1. Dragon Age: Origins (20 votes [33.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.90%

2. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening (19 votes [32.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.20%

3. Dragon Age II (18 votes [30.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.51%

4. Dragon Age PnP RPG (Green Ronin Publishing) (1 votes [1.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

5. None (1 votes [1.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

With Dragon Age II disappointing many players, I thought that I'd put up a new poll. The question allows multiple choices, so just tick the games that you own. This is a public poll.

#2 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Origins, Awakening and II for me, but I haven't bought any of the DLC. Still don't quite trust it, and there's nothing I desperately want, so... I'm still planning on buying DA3 straight away because I enjoyed DAII, despite its flaws. Oh, and I have Gaider's first book because, well, I'm a nerd.

#3 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

Origins, Awakening, and DA2 for me.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#4 -Piratey Imp, yey.-

-Piratey Imp, yey.-

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

Owning the license to the game and actually owning parts of the game doesn't actually go hand in hand in the modern age, so it's a surprise to me that we have 6 stock dealers among us, let alone getting them respond so soon.
So Archmage Silver, Crazee, Aeryn, K'aeloree, Gorzag, Choo Choo ... are you just being silly ? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Not that I have anything against you...

#5 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

I own Origins, Awakening, and DA2. Personally, I wouldn't say DA2 disappointed me, but it also didn't make me rabidly eager for a next installment like Origins did (or like the Mass Effect games do). The chances I'd buy DA3 fresh out the gate are pretty low.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#6 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

None :) First, I have no PC for it. Second, I'll try to wait for diamond edition to include all bonuses.

Retired from modding.

#7 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

I've bought DA2 and, frankly, I regret it, because Origins was so much better and I feel like I jinxed it in running out and pre-ordering DA2.

I think I'm NOT going to pre-order DA3, just to be sure. :)

#8 Gorzag

Gorzag
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:43 AM

I have Origins, Awakening and DA II, and I seem to be the odd one here since I actually liked DA II more than the origins. Both had their flaws and good sides, but I found Hawke's story more interesting than the Grey Warden's fight against a horde of orcs (because that's what the Darkspawn are).
"Sometimes crazy is the best way to go."

#9 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

I have all 3 games myself as well. The 3 games in their respects have good qualities about them...it just so happens DA:O has a lot more then the other 2! Regardless...I am still game for DA:3 and will play it just as much as the others.

Edited by Vicen, 08 September 2011 - 10:00 AM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Owning the license to the game and actually owning parts of the game doesn't actually go hand in hand in the modern age, so it's a surprise to me that we have 6 stock dealers among us, let alone getting them respond so soon.
So Archmage Silver, Crazee, Aeryn, K'aeloree, Gorzag, Choo Choo ... are you just being silly ? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Not that I have anything against you...

Yes, and it's funny how BioWare has an official forum called "Dragon Age II Registered Game Owner General Discussion" for us. Oh wait! You were being literal on purpose so that I could pretend that I care and make a note about the game owner term being nonliteral... oh snap! ;)

#11 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

I've bought DA2 and, frankly, I regret it, because Origins was so much better and I feel like I jinxed it in running out and pre-ordering DA2.

I think I'm NOT going to pre-order DA3, just to be sure. :)

I'm with Kulyok....

-Y-

#12 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

For me, DA:O, DA:A yes - and some (but not all of the) DLC too. Origins was great for me with a few mods tossed on. Awakening.... well, I have yet to finish playing it through. I just need an extra few hours in the day, and I would try harder, though. The problem is, I like ME1 and ME2 too much, so that what little gaming time I have right now gets split too many ways. Preordering ME3 is an instant "yes" for me, but DA2 and DA3 really will probably be about the same as GeN1e; wait for the compilation, and play through them then.

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

I actually loved Awakening--in some ways I think I enjoyed it more than Origins itself. It felt cohesive and coherent, where (due to the sheer scope thereof) in Origins I felt at times like I was playing a collection of stories rather than a game.

For me, when Origins was good, it was brilliant; the elven/werewolf conflict, the Urn, etc., but otherwise it was somewhat unremarkable and didn't stray from typical fantasy tropes all that much. Awakening was consistently good and interesting.

I thoroughly enjoyed DAII despite its flaws, and I did like that on the whole things felt cohesive and unique. I loved the moral dilemmas involved in the conflict with the Qunari, for example. I'm not sure I could say I enjoyed one or the other more, because they were totally different games.

#14 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed DAII despite its flaws, and I did like that on the whole things felt cohesive and unique. I loved the moral dilemmas involved in the conflict with the Qunari, for example. I'm not sure I could say I enjoyed one or the other more, because they were totally different games.

I think that's a good way to put it - I could say that I liked DA II quite a bit, if I could stop comparing it to Origins... DA II is an ARPG after all, so there really isn't much reason to compare the two. But I guess that it's just what most of us do anyway.

On a side note, as an ARPG, Dragon Age II is actually a top-flight game - just compare it to something like Dungeon Siege III, which I'm just about to finish this weekend. DA II has tons more depth in comparison to a title in the same genre.

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Looks like berelinde is the only one who has the PnP version as well... I wonder if it's any good?

#16 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Whoa, how do you know who voted for which? :ph34r: I didn't even post in this thread!

The PnP version isn't horrible. It's a lot more beginner-friendly than 3.5E. I like how they handle post-combat healing. If you're a DnD purist (which version?), you are probably going to think it's unnecessarily streamlined, but it's great for a PbP campaign when half the players have never played tabletop games.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#17 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Whoa, how do you know who voted for which? :ph34r: I didn't even post in this thread!

The PnP version isn't horrible. It's a lot more beginner-friendly than 3.5E. I like how they handle post-combat healing. If you're a DnD purist (which version?), you are probably going to think it's unnecessarily streamlined, but it's great for a PbP campaign when half the players have never played tabletop games.

See the last part of the first post in this thread.

I always prefer AD&D 2E, but D&D 3/3.5 editions aren't that far off for me in terms of likeability. I don't like D&D 4E though (but who does? :P) Sounds like DA PnP isn't that bad though, so props to Green Ronin for that. If it's accessible to new players I guess that they even managed to fulfill BioWare's new agenda of marketing their franchise to a wider audience.

#18 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

(yes, I'm late to this party)

I bought DA:O, DA:A and DA2, all on day one. I'm a bit on the fence about DA3. I liked the previous games, but I don't *love* them. Considering how my schedule is going to get a lot more hectic in the near future, I think I'll stick to Skyrim & ME3 and wait for DA3 to be on sale, or something (without or without the DLC, I've lost complete interest in their DLC). :rolleyes:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#19 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

Huh. Learn something new every day. I never knew the grey text was clickable.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#20 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Huh. Learn something new every day. I never knew the grey text was clickable.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd never noticed either!!! :o You're right, learn something new every day!

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif