Photo

greater wolfweres - argh :(

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Meldiocre

Meldiocre
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

So I am a level 17 Swash with +3 and +2 scimitars and the silver dagger. I can do damage to the Greater Wolfwere needed for the Balduran Isle quest, but I can't kill it. It regens insanely fast, and I've tried everything. I decided I'd stoop to using a cheat, but bringing up the console doesn't seem to work. I've googled how to do it and tried the method for BG1 and the method for BG2, since I'm playing ToTSC content with the BGT-weidu mod.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm thinking I will have to start over since I'm stuck on this island and can't get off until I kill this unkillable 50 hp regen per round guy. >_<

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

So I am a level 17 Swash with +3 and +2 scimitars and the silver dagger. I can do damage to the Greater Wolfwere needed for the Balduran Isle quest, but I can't kill it. It regens insanely fast, and I've tried everything. I decided I'd stoop to using a cheat, but bringing up the console doesn't seem to work. I've googled how to do it and tried the method for BG1 and the method for BG2, since I'm playing ToTSC content with the BGT-weidu mod.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm thinking I will have to start over since I'm stuck on this island and can't get off until I kill this unkillable 50 hp regen per round guy. >_<

Well, the BGT-WeiDU and the Tutu'es use the BG2 engine, and thus this Console is in use...

Now then, WHAT THE F** ARE YOU DOING IN THIS FORUM ?
You say mod... and you don't post in the "Baldur's Gate I and II" sub-forum. No body sees it here.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Meldiocre

Meldiocre
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

So in other words you answer the question while ignoring the information in the post ("but bringing up the console doesn't seem to work. I've googled how to do it and tried the method for BG1 and the method for BG2") and then yell at me for posting in the wrong forum. What an utterly useless response. Maybe you should go have a pink lemonade and calm down.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

So in other words you answer the question while ignoring the information in the post ("but bringing up the console doesn't seem to work. I've googled how to do it and tried the method for BG1 and the method for BG2") and then yell at me for posting in the wrong forum. What an utterly useless response. Maybe you should go have a pink lemonade and calm down.

Well, I showed you the correct way it should work... the google can give the hand and the head. Now, this is in the wrong forum. I told you a reason why you shouldn't post here...

Now, are you willing to reveal to us anything else of your computer that might concern why the console is not working, or should we just bang our heads against "it's not working".
Like, say what kind of mod installation it is... the WeiDu.log's content will help us to determine this... how old is the installation.
What Operation System does the game run on, and what's it's history, was it updated lately, perhaps after the mod installation. After all the TotSC content can take a bit of time to get to.

???

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Meldiocre

Meldiocre
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Nevermind, honestly. I'll just use Shadowkeeper to give myself 5 attacks per round. Anyway, I just didn't think this was a mod issue since I researched it pretty thoroughly. EVERYONE hates this mob. All I wanted was advice on soloing it really.. which I believe is a gameplay question! :D

#6 smoky tune

smoky tune
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

the slow spell reduces their regeneration speed. that helps much.

#7 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

poison nicely counters the regen.
as a sorcerer solo i just shapechanged into spider

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png

#8 ARKdeEREH

ARKdeEREH
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

I just played this quest yesterday. What I did was have two characters continuosly cast fire balls, while one melee character with high magic resistance fought the greater wolfwere directly. If I slowed down the fireballs or didn't cast them both at once the wolfwere got its health back too quickly. I think the time it worked it took 5 or 6 fireballs total, but it took a couple tries first before I got it right.

#9 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

if you are so desperate you can just try your luck 2-4 times casting "slay living"/"finger of death"/"disintegration"/"petrification" or cast 2-3 summons to aid you or set place 4-5 thief traps or the same amount of "scull trap" lvl3 spells or some lvl2 "melf's arrows" which will damage the beast continuously: there are dozens of ways to kill it even being low-lvl even solo. of course banging yourself at it will be in vain, try coming up with some tactics.

#10 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

Now then, WHAT THE F** ARE YOU DOING IN THIS FORUM ?
You say mod... and you don't post in the "Baldur's Gate I and II" sub-forum. No body sees it here.

That was a needlessly harsh and rude remark, Jarno. Not everyone knows their way around this site the way you do, being 120 years old. A courteous redirection to the appropriate forum would be more than adequate, don't you think?
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#11 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

If you're not hard up on killing them and have Boots of Speed or Haste, then you can lure them into one of the many rooms (Firkraag's Dungeon has lots of those) and lock them inside.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression