Photo

Gooseberries

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gurkenheinie

gurkenheinie
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

hi guys , found karaea and she wants me to bring some gooseberries for her .

can somebody pls tell me where i can find these berries.

thx for the help

#2 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

hi guys , found karaea and she wants me to bring some gooseberries for her .

can somebody pls tell me where i can find these berries.

thx for the help

They're random treasure. You should find them at some point.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#3 gurkenheinie

gurkenheinie
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:59 AM

alright thx for the the answer.

seems that i have to wait then. i hope they drop soon.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

They should actually be quite common on enemies. If you still don't find any, the mod generates a log file that tells you exactly where they are, but it is a major spoiler, so I'd stay away from it unless you're really stuck.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 -gurkenheinie-

-gurkenheinie-

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:50 AM

jeah i think i am stuck.

i am now late in the endgame of bg1 and still no sign of theese gooseberries.

if u know the exact place where to find them pls tell me ;)

thank you

#6 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

jeah i think i am stuck.

i am now late in the endgame of bg1 and still no sign of theese gooseberries.

if u know the exact place where to find them pls tell me ;)

thank you

They're random, really and truly random.

I'm not sure why you haven't found any, but there's no way for us to find them for you.

Sorry you're feeling stressed over it, though. The gooseberries and, later, Aurora's missing items, were just meant to be a fun little not-exactly side-quest. If you find them, she'll thank you & you'll get a small token of her gratitude, that's all.

Are you going on to BG2?

Edited by Bookwyrme, 30 November 2011 - 10:38 AM.
Fixing errant punctuation.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#7 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

It just occurred to me: Are you a compulsive looter? Both Karea's quest & Aurora's assume that you check the bodies of fallen enemies.

#8 -gurkenheinie-

-gurkenheinie-

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

jeah i really check every body that goes down. well since theres no sign of them i think i will just pass out that q and maybe on the next walkthrough with another charackter there will be a chance to do it.

#9 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

jeah i really check every body that goes down. well since theres no sign of them i think i will just pass out that q and maybe on the next walkthrough with another charackter there will be a chance to do it.

Sorry you weren't able to find any. The locations are randomly generated, so it's different each game.

#10 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Sorry you weren't able to find any. The locations are randomly generated, so it's different each game.

Are you going on to SOA?

#11 -Enge-

-Enge-

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Enge, der alte Gurkenfarmer, has gotten his first goosebery(s) in Amn, on a BGT install, but Karea will remember her request to you there too. Might be an issue with the installation in german language? Enge does not know.

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

It shouldn't be language-specific (though we don't have a German translation for the mod - if you are interested, let us know :)). Gooseberries are random - if you find them in an inappropriate place, let us know that too. Fairly easy to modify if we know the issue (skeletons shouldn't have organic berries for example, or treasure at all, have already addressed that locally).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#13 -Enge-

-Enge-

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hello again!
Due to his bad english Enge has, he tries again. Yesterday Enge thought, that on a mixed BGT installation, based on german language, the random treasure distribution to the creatures in the BG1 section of the game might be messed up. For reasons he doesn't know. So Enge stops thinking. But thanks allot for your shoes. Bought most of them. Und Enge won't refuse a german translation,that ist für sure.

#14 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

Not exactly related, but I'll ask anyway, is there a way to "upgrade"
Spoiler
I noticed there's another BAM for the same shield with a different colour so I wondered...

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

based on german language, the random treasure distribution to the creatures in the BG1 section of the game might be messed up.

Well, it wouldn't be based on the language. Your only choices (right now) are to install it in English, French and Italian (no German unless someone translates it :(). If you do think the item distribution is messed up somehow, there is a log file you can look at in a text editor (Notepad or whatever). It is aurora/batchlog/ag_scripted_cres.txt. It is spoilerish, so if you *do* decide to look at it, but your hand over your eyes (and peek through the gaps in your fingers if you must :D). It tells you who should *potentially* have what items (agrandbr is, for example, the item name for gooseberries). By "potentially" I mean they have a small random chance to have the item. Meaning if that you killed or robbed enough of them, you should get the goodies, and usually throughout the game it will balance out to that effect. (Hmm, never really thought of it this way but the mod is sort of the antithesis of Ultima IV in that respect, heheh, though no one will understand that reference I think.)

Not exactly related, but I'll ask anyway, is there a way to "upgrade"

Not related at all :P, but yes, there is.
Spoiler

#16 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

Not related at all :P.

Nope. :devil:

Spoiler

Sounds good.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg