• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

1. Are you looking for a voice set for a man, a woman or something else?

A man.

2. How many lines would need to be voiced?

A lot. Hundreds. The mod spans BG1, BG2 and ToB.

3. Describe what kind of a voice you are after (tell something about the character if needed)!

Gavin is a neutral-good cleric of Lathander. He is romanceable. I don't have a specific voice in mind for him, but the lines have to be intelligible without them sounding like they were read from a page. Native English speaker, please, though I'm not fussed about American/British/etc accents.

4. Preferred format of the audio files?

any

5. Any deadlines?

Not really. The BG1 and SoA portions of the mod have been out for a while and I am finishing the writing on the ToB portion of the mod now. In other words, the mod has never been fully voiced, so if it remains not-fully-voiced for a while longer, no one will miss it.

6. What game and what mod is this for?

Gavin for BG1 and BG2.

7. Anything else you'd like to mention?

Currently, the soundset is already voiced, but the VA dropped off the planet. It happens. With that in mind, this mod has a lot of dialogue. I would rather leave it with just a soundset than waste a VA's time recording half the mod and then not be able to use it because the other half was never finished.

So yes, whoever volunteers for this would have my undying gratitude, but before you volunteer, please think about whether you really want to agree to voice >300 lines of dialogue.

Edited by berelinde, 12 October 2011 - 11:32 AM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#2 Sister Vigilante

Sister Vigilante
  • Modder
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

I would be interested in taking a stab at this, but I'm worried I would end up sounding too much like Xan and/or Angelo. Maybe if you sent me a few lines, I could experiment with some voices and see what you think?

1. Are you looking for a voice set for a man, a woman or something else?

A man.

2. How many lines would need to be voiced?

A lot. Hundreds. The mod spans BG1, BG2 and ToB.

3. Describe what kind of a voice you are after (tell something about the character if needed)!

Gavin is a neutral-good cleric of Lathander. He is romanceable. I don't have a specific voice in mind for him, but the lines have to be intelligible without them sounding like they were read from a page. Native English speaker, please, though I'm not fussed about American/British/etc accents.

4. Preferred format of the audio files?

any

5. Any deadlines?

Not really. The BG1 and SoA portions of the mod have been out for a while and I am finishing the writing on the ToB portion of the mod now. In other words, the mod has never been fully voiced, so if it remains not-fully-voiced for a while longer, no one will miss it.

6. What game and what mod is this for?

Gavin for BG1 and BG2.

7. Anything else you'd like to mention?

Currently, the soundset is already voiced, but the VA dropped off the planet. It happens. With that in mind, this mod has a lot of dialogue. I would rather leave it with just a soundset than waste a VA's time recording half the mod and then not be able to use it because the other half was never finished.

So yes, whoever volunteers for this would have my undying gratitude, but before you volunteer, please think about whether you really want to agree to voice >300 lines of dialogue.

New Feature: The Best of 20th Century Theoretical Physicists (According to Wikipedia)

"I would just like to say that our friend Dirac has got a religion, and its first commandment is, 'There is no God and Paul Dirac is his prophet.'"

--Wolfgang Pauli

"I think my heart just broke in my mouth a little bit." --Octopus Pie, the comic for those who live or have every lived in New York City

It is hardly worth the effort of trying: Xan NPC - voice and ToB romance author
Can't we just...forget the past?: Angelo NPC - voice and author
What the Thunder Said: Fury - a BG1 fanfictionary

#3 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hmm, yes, that's the problem with having a distinctive voice and and extensive resume. And given the popularity of Xan and Angelo, one or the other of them will most likely be in the party.

By all means, if it turns out sounding different, give it a try, but don't rupture your throat over it!

These are some lines chosen at random from BG2 SoA and ToB.

~It's been a long time since we sat beside the fire together. How are you holding up?~ [bgav102]
~I need to apologize for my outburst earlier.~ [bgav113]
~Valygar, do you ever wonder 'what if'?~ [bgav251]
~I wonder why people find ogres so funny.~ [bgav202]
~Should we be going this way? I thought we needed to head east.~

Edited by berelinde, 14 October 2011 - 04:47 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum