Various alt NPC portraits

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Done, and in the process now of being properly packed for shipping. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Enkida, 08 December 2011 - 04:00 PM.

#2 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Posted Image

* the original model is here so if anyone's got better photoshop skills than me and wants to take a stab, just tell me so I can use yours. XD

I also meshed together a Kelsey, but since this is not originally my artwork - I think it's from some compilation from a NWN vault packet, for NWN - I can't take any credit for it. I just recoloured and slapped a hood on the dude. Please don't credit me for anything if you use him.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just one quick more, for Angelo

Posted Image

Edited by Enkida, 08 December 2011 - 04:00 PM.

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:44 AM

I think this will be the last one, but just... couldn't play with the default octopus hair on Mazzy...

Posted Image

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure if "Portrait mods" section is the right place for those alternates. It's for SHS hosted portrait mods, I suppose. I am sure a moderator will let us know if I'm right or not... :whistling:

...however, I really like you Mazzy! :cheers: The portrait looks really nice. I think this hair style suits her. Did you find the portrait somewhere? Or maybe it's your own work?

#5 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure if "Portrait mods" section is the right place for those alternates. It's for SHS hosted portrait mods, I suppose. I am sure a moderator will let us know if I'm right or not... :whistling:

...however, I really like you Mazzy! :cheers: The portrait looks really nice. I think this hair style suits her. Did you find the portrait somewhere? Or maybe it's your own work?

Yeah, I found the "right" section for the board after I made the initial post. But I am figuring, that a moderator would move it to the ?artwork? section if it is in the wrong place. :-)

Anyway, all of these are my own photomanips, but the Kelsey face comes from a different (unknown) artist. Mazzy's hair in particular is from this model: http://shortlonghair...ort-haircut.jpg Thanks for the compliment, it is fun doing these. :)

#6 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

If you enjoy that kind of work, then make alternates for all BG2 NPCs. Then your work can be turned into a mod :) Maybe SHS will like it. I am sure some players would change original art to something new and fresh.
Oh, and it may be good idea to keep original face, but change other stuff - just as you did it with Mazzy.

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 06 November 2011 - 02:07 PM.

#7 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Moved to Layers of Reality.

Absolutely love your work Enkida. Especially Mazzy and Angelo. If you haven't shown it on the mod forum, you definitely should. If you ever get the time, it'd be great to see more work from you :)

#8 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Absolutely love your work Enkida. Especially Mazzy and Angelo. If you haven't shown it on the mod forum, you definitely should. If you ever get the time, it'd be great to see more work from you :)

Sorry for being a bit ignorant, but where/what is the mod forum? Lnk me up and I can look around :-)

I was currently doing an Aerie which I hope to put up soon - I just can't stand so much of the nappy default bioware hair - but there are a lot of portraits that I think are fine, like Mloch's Viconia, Cernd and Keldorn edits, and Jcompp's Nalia and Imoen, and that ancient portrait portal image of Xan. I would love to compile a bunch of 'close to the original but with better hair' portraits but I don't really see ghe need to duplicate work where other people have already succeeded.

Anyone think the other portrait modders would be open to having their work mixed together with some of mine to make a complete NPC set? Are there even still active BG2 portrait modders at all, actually? Otherwise, I might just make a few here and there whenever I see an NPC mod I like or meet a vanilla NPC with a bad hairdresser, LOL. Thanks for the support in any regard!

#9 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

Aerie

Posted Image

#10 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

Nice :) :cheers:

#11 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Keto. This one might need some editing since I haven't managed to, uh, actually meet Keto in game yet. I suspect the saturation will need some tweaking.

Posted Image

Again, this is using stock imagery so if anyone takes this, please clearly link and mention the author, mizzd-stock, which is here:
http://mizzd-stock.d...rait-2-61843009

After this, I think I may try a Xan, and then that will do it for the outstanding need for matching NPC portraits. I'm open to suggestions as for who to tackle after that, though. I guess, if anyone knows of a popular NPC mod that doesn't have a "sorta matching the original bioware artwork" portrait, I could take a stab at it. The only NPC mods I personally play with, though, are Xan, Angelo, Kelsey and Keto, so I don't really know what else is out there that needs matching artwork. Suggestions are welcome! :P

#12 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

well if you want something to do...

take my avatar pic (just switched it) and see what you can do for her. something along the lines of ranger or paladin.

She's a sims 3 character I made and took a screen shot of... Only use would be for me in my game... tho if you do a good job I have an npc mod sitting on the very back burner that i may some day return to....

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#13 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hmm... if I have some time I might try it. To be honest I would rather spend time doing finished NPC portraits, not potentially finished ones though. ^^; We will see. :)

Anyway for the meantime here is an edited Xan. This is not my artwork, I just recoloured the original portrait portal thing and slightly resized it. And slapped the circlet on. I don't know who the Portrait Portal artist was, but that site has been defunct for a couple of years now so I'm not sure where you'd get the base image anymore. I do have it, though (the "blue jude law") if anyone wants the original.

Posted Image

Edited by Enkida, 08 November 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#14 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

Sorry for being a bit ignorant, but where/what is the mod forum? Lnk me up and I can look around :-)

I was currently doing an Aerie which I hope to put up soon - I just can't stand so much of the nappy default bioware hair - but there are a lot of portraits that I think are fine, like Mloch's Viconia, Cernd and Keldorn edits, and Jcompp's Nalia and Imoen, and that ancient portrait portal image of Xan. I would love to compile a bunch of 'close to the original but with better hair' portraits but I don't really see ghe need to duplicate work where other people have already succeeded.

Anyone think the other portrait modders would be open to having their work mixed together with some of mine to make a complete NPC set? Are there even still active BG2 portrait modders at all, actually? Otherwise, I might just make a few here and there whenever I see an NPC mod I like or meet a vanilla NPC with a bad hairdresser, LOL. Thanks for the support in any regard!

By mod forum, I just meant the Angelo forum over at G3. I'm sure most of the artists would be happy to have their work included, but definitely ask first. Some of them may not still be around, but it doesn't hurt.

#15 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:18 AM

I don't know if this one is actually an improvement, but I took a stab at imoen's hair, too.

Posted Image

#16 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hmm... if I have some time I might try it. To be honest I would rather spend time doing finished NPC portraits, not potentially finished ones though. ^^; We will see. :)

Anyway for the meantime here is an edited Xan. This is not my artwork, I just recoloured the original portrait portal thing and slightly resized it. And slapped the circlet on. I don't know who the Portrait Portal artist was, but that site has been defunct for a couple of years now so I'm not sure where you'd get the base image anymore. I do have it, though (the "blue jude law") if anyone wants the original.

Posted Image

His hair kinda looks like a badly glued on toupee...

#17 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

I think it's because he has a really big forehead. If this tiara thing wasn't there, the forehead space would be as big as rest of the face.

#18 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

I think it's because he's looking down, but the hairline still faces the viewer, so it looks really detached ^^

#19 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

I think it's because he's looking down, but the hairline still faces the viewer, so it looks really detached ^^

I think this is it.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#20 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

I think you guys are right. Man, there goes my easy portrait portal image snatch. ;__; I will look into reworking Xan, though I plan to keep Jude Law as the face model there just for nostalgia's sake. If I do end up reaching my goal, which is to have a replacement for all NPCs, I am going to scrap that Imoen image, too. That hair makes her look too old, IMO! Thanks for the input, I really appreciate helpful critique!