Missing Area?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skullburn

Skullburn
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi!!!

I have BWP installed, recommanded version.

I got two area which seems to dont show up on my world map:

1. Ulgoth Beard (Tale of the sword Coast)
So yeah, Ulgoth beard dont seems to show up at the side of baldur's gate...

2. Forest of the Forgotten Souls (Dark Side of the Sword Coast (MOD))
I arrivede at Friendly arm inn, chapter 6, i got this girl who talk to me, recruit her, had a little cinematic about "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" and all, but the area dont show up on my map.

Any idea?

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

1. Ulgoth Beard (Tale of the sword Coast)
So yeah, Ulgoth beard dont seems to show up at the side of baldur's gate...

This unlocks after you finish the main BGI quest :cheers:

2. Forest of the Forgotten Souls (Dark Side of the Sword Coast (MOD))
I arrivede at Friendly arm inn, chapter 6, i got this girl who talk to me, recruit her, had a little cinematic about "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" and all, but the area dont show up on my map.

... while this... is strange :wacko: Maybe it unlocks the usual way? (actually exploring each side of every map :devil:)

Anyway, please post the file called WeiDU.log from your BGII-SoA folder in either spoilers or as an attachment to reveal what mods you have installed :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Skullburn

Skullburn
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

ah!!! I didn't know for the expansion... is it like that with the real game too? (no mod).

I'll post my log soon!

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

The code in DSotSC doesn't reveal DSC004 (Forest of Forgotten Souls) via any script so your best bet is exploring :D The area that gets revealed is the Wood of Sharp Teeth (DSC001) :unsure: Could you please check if that's revealed? It should be east of Peldvale...

If you need directions
Spoiler

About Ulgoth's Beard, no, vanilla BGI-TotSC reveals the area right from the start :D (along with Durlag's tower)... One would think BGT makes this change to ensure continuity or something? (otherwise, what's to stop you from directly jumping to Amn from Candlekeep? :ROFL:)

Edited by Lollorian, 25 October 2011 - 09:07 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 Skullburn

Skullburn
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:48 AM

I remeber having seen Wood of sharp teeth, but i didn't know there was a link between. So I'll go check it out!

And about Durlag tower, I got it revealed on my map, and i Was about to enter it. Is it suppoose to be there? As I understand what you are saying, it's a part of "Tale of the sword coast" right? Is it better if I wait at the end of the game?

#6 Skullburn

Skullburn
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

Oh! One other thing... Is it mandatory to keep the girl NPC for DSotSC?

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

Durlag's Tower is to BGI what Watcher's Keep is for BGII :D A large set of continous areas filled with puzzles, monsters and other high-XP freaks :lol: You might wanna hold off on Durlag's until you get to level 8-9... (maybe just leave Ulgoth and Durlag for until after you kill Sarevok :P)

PS: You might just wanna know that the Megamods (aka BWP) forum is this one and you might get some more answers there :D

About the girl, you might wanna ditch here after her quest (about her sister or something? :unsure:) DSotSC has a total of 7 NPCs each with their own quests... Ditch em all after getting the quest XP :devil:

Edited by Lollorian, 27 October 2011 - 06:44 AM.