WeiDU and big files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Lord Mirrabbo-

-Lord Mirrabbo-

Posted 25 September 2002 - 07:51 AM

Hello...

I don't know if I can call this a bug, for it seems it's done intentionally; however, here it is:

I told WeiDU to copy a 25 mb file to the override folder, and I had this message displayed:

"ERROR: [ImoenRom\extra\AR26MR.tis] has size 24576024: TOO BIG FOR WEIDU "

So files WeiDU can handle are limited to that size... is this a bug, or simply it's something that WeiDU can't do?

#2 weimer

weimer
  • 1569 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 01:52 PM

Depends on what you mean by "bug". WeiDU is correctly telling you that it lacks the power to do that.

What 25MB file are you trying to copy? Perhaps you could get a batch file (or the NSIS installer) to copy it? Presumably you aren't actually using WeiDU to modify the file as you copy it.

#3 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 01:58 PM

What is WeiDU's limit?

#4 weimer

weimer
  • 1569 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 02:02 PM

Currently the maximum size for a file loaded by WeiDU is 16777211 bytes. System BIFF files from which other files are extracted can go beyond this limit.

If you like, I can add a COPY_BIG_FILE action or somesuch that allow you to copy files of arbitrary size, but you won't be able to apply any patches (e.g., SAY 0xffff "this") to them. Modifying big files would require a bit more work on my part (i.e., using a different data structure).

#5 reiella

reiella

Meowth-Class Juggernaut

• 216 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 02:20 PM

I can, at least, answer for Lord Mirrabbo, it's a TIS file from BG1 I believe. And came up from my comment that his zip file unzipped something into override.

#6 -Lord Mirrabbo-

-Lord Mirrabbo-

Posted 02 October 2002 - 05:00 PM

Whew, finally got my connection back. Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Yes, Reiella is right; and yes, that would be most useful... I'm currently using a .bat file to do it, but the less files a package has inside, the better...
I don't modify it at all, I just copy it to the Override folder so the old Candlekeep map can be used... so that function would be most appreciated.