IWD-HotFix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

Created per this conversation in this thread: http://www.shsforums...post__p__525936
Download available at: My website navigate to the IWD mod's page
or alternatively download directly: abIWD_HotFix

A little bit about (i.e. the readme)

abIWD_HotFix

This is a very small 'mod'. It's purpose is to correct an oversight not addressed by the official patch of the first game of the Icewind Dale series nor yet addressed in the IWD Fixpack at G3. The expansion packs HoW and/or ToTLM are required as this modifies HoW content.

The exact nature of the oversight involves Ambere and her husband. In one scenario the player can trick her into 'sleeping' with them by stating that they'll help her leave, and in another scenario can convince her to stay with her family. It was possible to perform both scenarios and due to the way things were set up, if you had previously spoken with her husband you would end up with 'no valid replies' text being displayed when you talk to him again. This is 'corrected' by not allowing the option to convince her to stay, if the player has already 'slept' with her and by extension convinced her to leave.

Install in the typical manner (i.e. extract to game directory and run the setup-abIWD_HotFix.exe file and choose 'I' when prompted)
Uninstall in the typical manner (i.e. run the setup-abIWD_HotFix.exe file and choose 'U' when prompted)

NOTE: no setup.tra file provide however this fix is good for all languages as it doesn't touch any text strings, merely adjusts state/transition triggers

Files & directories included:
setup-abIWD_HotFix.exe
abIWD_HotFix/setup-abIWD_HotFix.tp2
abIWD_HotFix/readme.txt
abIWD_HotFix/Backup/

EDIT: Updated the 'mod' to correct spelling/grammar in the readme and to resolve a few issues that were pointed out.

Edited by Sasha Al'Therin, 12 February 2012 - 08:25 AM.

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#2 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

At my install, it doesn't find the tp2 inside the mod folder.
If I change abIWD-HotFix to abIWD_HotFix in all instances (including inside the tp2) everything works as expected.

Confirmed.

Also I have found in tp2. file: REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~iwd how totlm~) ~IWD with or without expansion HoW and ToTLM required~
It need to be change REQUIRE GAME lis. This mod require IWD+HOW or IWD+HOW+TOTL because fix applied for HOW dialog.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#3 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

updated.
thanks for the feedback

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm