Photo

Installing a megamod post-BWS.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

Since the demise of that excellent installation tool BWS, and dabus now taking a well deserved retirement (May all two storey vehicles be named after him in his honour!), I have few questions that I could not find answers using a search. I know similar questions have been asked before by new users... but I have done this before so I should be able to narrow my questioning a bit :rolleyes:

What is the difference between Leomar's BWS and Leonardo's BWS? And does it really matter?

Can I still use BWS to download most of the non-updated mods (from may I believe) onto my comp?

BWS is useful as it will give me a list of the mods it could not download or find. This may be due to Gibberlings3 being down or new versions of the mod being available. Super! So I can use the list, download these myself ( a link to the list of all the mods can be found on the BiGWorld Guide, yep, I've read it!) and then I just extract them into the BG-SoA folder, making sure I shut down any DOS boxes if they appear... Now I just need to use the BWinstallpack.

But aaargh! Doesn't BWS modify this so it matches your settings? i.e. Change the settings in Auroras boots mod to get more gold than the standard BW settings for instance. or maybe a better question should be... Do I now need to make all changes by changing the BWinstall batch files?

And can we add the packmule mod to the next version please. I know nothing to do with the rest of the thread but fit it in where I can ^_^ . Gonna add it myself anyway for now :rolleyes:

And if this has all been answered before... Don't slap me too hard Jarno!

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Do I now need to make all changes by changing the BWinstall batch files?

Well the truth is, I haven't made use of the latest BWInstall.bat, but it should give you quite expansive customization options now a days... or so I have read.

And you can also use this list to find the mod list... it's the new "link-list".

Don't slap me too hard Jarno!

Hopefully that's hard enough. <_<
Spoiler

Uuh, the packmule mod is in the standard compilation... so it's already included. :P

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 November 2011 - 11:10 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for slapping me in the right direction Jarno! :Bow:

That link list is a time saver.

Packmule is already included! :doh: I think that sort of tells you how old my last install was!

Yep. number 26.0ca on the BiG Install guide.

Think I'm gonna get started then and see what happens...

Thanks again Jarno! :cheers:

#4 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

Okay... Off to a bad start. <_<

Physically just dragged my old bg folders from last install to the recycle bin. Then tried to re install, nice and fresh for BWS!

BUT stupid computer did not recognise that BG had been deleted!

Okay with BG1 as i simply clicked setup icon on cd. Same for TotSC and BG2 -SoA.

But ToB? The setup icon not only installs... it uninstalls, if it thinks ToB is present. :huh:

Had to install all over again.

20 minutes lost for ever! Woe is me! :doh:

Anyways just about to fire up BWS... Patches installed and ready! Wish me luck! :lol:

#5 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

Okay... Off to a bad start. <_<

Physically just dragged my old bg folders from last install to the recycle bin. Then tried to re install, nice and fresh for BWS!

BUT stupid computer did not recognise that BG had been deleted!

Okay with BG1 as i simply clicked setup icon on cd. Same for TotSC and BG2 -SoA.

But ToB? The setup icon not only installs... it uninstalls, if it thinks ToB is present. :huh:

Had to install all over again.

20 minutes lost for ever! Woe is me! :doh:

Anyways just about to fire up BWS... Patches installed and ready! Wish me luck! :lol:

the games don't need a registry entry to run, but they create one anyway which can cause issues like this on occasion. Your best bet is to install the game(s) to one location then copy/paste to another. Modding the copy to your hearts content and keeping the original install untouched for backup/restoration purposes.

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

the games don't need a registry entry to run, but they create one anyway which can cause issues like this on occasion. Your best bet is to install the game(s) to one location then copy/paste to another. Modding the copy to your hearts content and keeping the original install untouched for backup/restoration purposes.

That's with modified Baldur.ini's [Alias] info... like described here.
Yes, it might be obvious to you, but for someone that goes and removes games by deleting them, it might not. As the games should be uninstalled from the Control Panel.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 November 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#7 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Well you live and learn :P

Actually I believe it was an act of Bhaal!

G3 came back on-line in the intervening time :lol:

Will post a list of mods that could not be retrieved due to being updated etc... May be useful to... perhaps no one but what the hey! :rolleyes:

#8 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

These mods not found after a STANDARD download.

Volcanic Armoury: The Mod itself (VolcanicArmoury1.4.rar)
Mersetek le Joaillier: The Mod itself (Mersetek_v1.2.zip)
IWD Items Pack: The Mod itself (IWD_Items_Pack.7z)
Fade NPC (SoA): The Mod itself (FadeSoAV3.rar)
Kindrek NPC: The Mod itself (kindrekmod.rar)
Touchstone NPC (Touch-The-Moon): The Mod itself (TouchstoneV1.0.zip)
Wikaede One-Day NPC: The Mod itself (wikaede_v34.rar)
Alcool: The Mod itself (Alcool_v0.11.zip)
Kari the Half-Kobold NPC: The Mod itself (Kariv1-3b.rar)
Au service d'Oghma: The Mod itself (ThOghma_v1.6.zip)
Kiara-Zaiya NPCs: The Mod itself (Kiara-Zaiya_v1.6.2.zip)
Legion of Hell: The Mod itself (LOHMod.zip)
IA Content - Miscellaneous NWN Animations I: The Mod itself (NWN_Misc_I.rar)
Nikitalleria NPC: The Mod itself (Nikita101.rar)
Paladins of Faerun Kitpack: The Mod itself (PoF_Kitpack_V5.rar)

Going to now check and see if the files have been updated or not... or check if another reason exists. :rolleyes:

#9 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

Clicking the link from Jarno should help you to get the (new) files.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#10 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:53 AM

Dabus! :Bow:

Your baby (BWS) uploaded everything smoooothly.

However... For those not found three eluded me.

Nikita101.rar required a payment of £1.99 to download. I would rather pay that to someone at spellhold studios...

TouchstoneV1.0.zip. Long time not been available. Did find an archived download link that I didn't know about before...

And... LOHmod.zip. Not on the link list? Not anywhere (is it the same as legion of light though...) :mellow:

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

However... For those not found three eluded me.

Well, then don't expect to find them... :P
It's not likely that they work well anyway.

#12 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

Does anyone know where to find v1.9 of lvl1npc?

I can only find links to v1.7 with G3 forums apparently down.

Does it matter if I use 1.7 for a BWInstall 10.2?
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#13 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

Errr... I searched for you and all I could find was verification that 1.7 is the latest version. In fact that is what was downloaded by BWS.

Can you confirm that 1.9 has been realeased? :unsure: Whats happened to 1.8? :crying:

#14 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

@Anduin Shadow Mantle
That's because 1.9 was/is a downloadable forum attachment to one of Miloch's posts, as somehow the website wasn't updated to include 1.9.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#15 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

Cached page seems to indicate it has been DL'd over 300 times before the forums went down?

With author's/G3 agreement, is it possible someone with the latest version could upload it somewhere? If they read this board :Bow:
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#16 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

An observation...

NEJ2 is downloaded as standard...

Yet the compatability patches are not? :unsure:

Do I need the compatability patches or are they now defunct as the BG2Fixpack deals with it or some other superduper mod?

Not played it before as previous installs listed it as a gamebreaker (or at least expert...)

Any info greatly recieved before running the BWinstall.bat. For those interested just going to download some tactics mods ontop that don't come with the standard, such as Dark Horizon and super firkraag before running it... can't wait :woot:

#17 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Yup. BWS is set to download 1.7... But 1.9 does indeed exist. All I can suggest in this scenario is wait. :mellow: I am sure G3 will be back up soon. :rolleyes:

I don't believe using 1.7 will be a gamebreaker though... Maybe a modder should verify that :P

#18 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

From the level1NPC 1.9 readme:

Version 1.9: Happy 8th G3 Anniversary (24Sep11)
  • Changed druids and fighter/druids to get scimitars instead of longswords if player chooses to use "large swords" with BG1-style proficiencies
  • Reoptimized NPC WeiDU GROUPs
  • Fixed monk off-hand bug
  • Fixed Imoen BGT "equipment poverty" bug
Version 1.8: Where's that v2 Anyway? (4Sep11)
  • Accounted for p#kivan's special equipment
  • Dodged avatar-switching glitch by moving Aerie's armor to inventory
  • Fixed opcode typo in fj_npc_specific_perqs macro
  • Fixed monk equipment bugs
  • Fixed glitches when game references component not installed
  • Accounted for TDD Shar-Teel's special armor
  • Fixed numbering glitch in French translation
  • Added Anomen knighthood attribute component
  • Fixed bug in dual wielding with sling equipped
  • Added support for BG1 NPCs in BG2
  • Refixed more glitches in Ergopad's Dudleyfix component
All of which is only relevant, if you do a real, as in installing all those NPC specific components, install of level1NPC and not the barebone program done by BWP.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#19 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

All of which is only relevant, if you do a real, as in installing all those NPC specific components, install of level1NPC and not the barebone program done by BWP.

Hmmm... completely undersetimated level 1 NPC mod... it does a lot according to the .pdf.

Gonna try 1.7 anyway :P

Any news on needing the NEJ2 compatability mods? Are they needed still for a standard install?

#20 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

Any news on needing the NEJ2 compatability mods? Are they needed still for a standard install?

Absolutely not! Especially the Imoen "Fix" that brakes the BGT-> BGII transition !!!