Photo

Dayven missing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheFrozenRaven

TheFrozenRaven
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

I have startet playing BTL and really like it so far:), Great work Zyraen!
The problem is that Dayven will not spawn.

I am quite certain I know what the problem is: A long time ago a downloaded BTL. Now when I installed it a year or to later i just used the old version I already had on my computer. I have now found out that it was an old version (v. 1.1 or so).

After I installed the updated version Davyen will spawn, but only form one of my earlier saved games before I have spoken to inspector Brega. If I go to my present savegame Dayven will not spawn even if I talk to inspector Brega again.

Så what i would like to know is if there is a way to force Dayven to spawn by using fx CLUAconsole? Any help would be much appreciated so I won't have to replay the whole thing again.

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Dayven actually doesn't spawn based on Brega ; he spawns based on the Area.
Even in a game without Kova & Kiyone in your party, he should be there as long as you've installed BTL.

The most common reason he doesn't spawn is because BTL was installed in the middle of a game, and that area's script is already loaded and saved (and does not have the command / condition to spawn Dayven )

Short of starting a new game and testing, you can just use CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Z#Dayven") To spawn him.

==============

Meantime, glad you're enjoying BTL :) feel free to post progressive reviews as your game progresses, would love to hear from you. Hope the dialogue isn't too clunky... cheers!

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 TheFrozenRaven

TheFrozenRaven
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

That worked perfectly! Thank you very much. That an incredibly fast response.

Well, so far I only have good things to say about the mod :) There is a small thing though. The Shadow Thieves assassin that come after Kova dropped 5 healing potions each. Personally I think that a too many, but of course not all necessarily agree on this.

Keep up the good work. And of course I well give you some progressive reviews once I have played trough the entire mod:)

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

Glad it works. The Assassins and other Pursuit are a very mixed bag - most people mention its hard but others don't mention it or say its easy / just nice.

I'm not sure if you've installed other mods as well, but I'm pretty certain the Assassins do not drop 5 potions by default. There's probably mods that add more consumables to enemies, I think, though they're expected to use it with their AI.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#5 TheFrozenRaven

TheFrozenRaven
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

They do use it with their IA but not nearly as fast as I can kill them:)

I do most certainly have a bunch of other mods installed so there is a likely explanation for the extra potions dropped by the assassins. Regarding to their difficulty I find them more challenging then the original parts of BG2, but I also find the challenges in BG2 ridiculousness easy, so I really welcome a good fight:)

#6 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

If you like a challenge, try not to use any Consumables other than Healing Potions and any HLAs.
You can also choose to exclude all weapons and gear from Watcher's Keep (and of course mod items)
The last two would keep your game to largely SoA only content / capabilities.

BTL was designed with this constraint in mind, and should make for a few interesting fights. Likely not overwhlemingly difficult with the right strategies.

The pursuit (Wizards, Thieves) have a 3 tiers, and will become harder as your party gets more experienced.

Edited by Zyraen, 20 November 2011 - 05:21 PM.