BiG World Project (BWP) v10.3 released

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

What's new with BWP v10.3? Corrections (thanks to 10th Lich); changed install order as discussed in the BWP v10.2 thread; new fixes according to the "Fixes for the BiG fixpack" thread (thanks to Lollorian); mods updated to the most recent version; a few new mods added (again thanks to Lollorian).
I moved Item Revisions to the BG1 Rules and Tweaks, that means all BG1 mods will be installed before, however, I am unsure whether I shall leave them there. Your comments please!

I am very discontented with this version, because so many problems are not solved yet but I do not want to delay the release even longer. I hope you can find solutions for the problems listed below:

Vecna
Ideally iiSpellSystemAdjustments, iiProjectileR, iiLearnThroughUse, Packmule and Virtue should be installed after Vecna, however, any mod or component in the long install order seems to corrupt one or more files and as a result in a complete BWP installation these mods can no more be installed after Vecna. I always get the error message:

[./override/ar6800.are] loaded, 15288 bytes
Extending game scripts ...
[./override/AR6800.BCS] loaded, 16834 bytes
override/ar6800.bcs copied to w_PackMule/backup/0/ar6800.bcs, 16834 bytes
Extended script [ar6800.bcs] with [.../script.baf]

I could not figure out what causes this problem. Both the Bigg Tweak Pack components 4500 - 6500 as the Unique Containers mod cause that the mods listed above can no more be installed after Vecna. However, it seems that also some Infinity Animations component cause this.
As soon someone has solved the problem I will change the install order.

Innates Set to Level One / Creature Slot Fixer
I also noticed that since BWP v9.9 these two fixes had not been installed any more. The installation came to an abrupt end at the line
"Installing [Innates Set to Level One]" respectively
"Installing [Creature Slot Fixer] [v2]"

Yikari/ItemUpgrade
The Yikari components #1 "Compatibility with Item Upgrade SoA" and #2 "Compatibility with Item Upgrade ToB" can not be installed when
Lollorian's additional ItemUpgrade components "Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Original list version" and"Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Original list version" had been installed before.

igi's Learn Through Use
The settings are made as a test and should not be considered as an advice. It's also unsure whether the mod should best be placed before or after Level1NPC. As soon someone has figured it out I will add the result.

Level1NPC
Until now the BWP skips the Level1NPC component 1. As soon as someone has figured out recommended settings I will add them to the install.bat

Your help is welcome!
If you find any errors and misspelling or missing some descriptions, you can edit the PDF in a very simple way. With Acrobat Reader X you can highlight any text and add your notices. Send the PDF with your corrections and comments back to my email address and I will add them with the next update.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for future versions or are missing some mods that should be added.

I'm also open to create any Textpack in another language. (French, Polish, Chinese - whatever you want.)

WARNING:
Unfortunately the BiG World Setup is terrible OUTDATED! You can use it to download most of the mods although you may not get the most recent versions. Check the mods with the always up to date linklist at http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php Download missing mods manually.
By no means use the BiG World Setup for the installation! Use the BiG World Install.bat instead!

#2 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

I love you Leonardo :Bow:

You were always my favourite turtle... :wub:

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

Coolness :Bow:

But anyway I'm evil so... :devil:

- IRv3 got updated to v1.5 removing the need for the tooltip fix :D
- The BWPFixpack doesn't have Vecna's Dead() fixes and NMTP's tooltip borkage fix :lol: (attached for omgawsum convenience :D)
- The BWPGuide uses the iiKeynames folder/setup name for iiItems
- RezMod component #3 is supposed to supplement IR and should actually be installed even if IRv3 is installed (I know cuz it's mine :devil:) - unless there are problems that I don't know of :ph34r:
- BiG World Installpack\English\tra.txt, line 128:
Drowns=0 N
?? :ROFL:
- BiG World Install.bat, line 1323 should prolly be %TXT%@157
- The default options for iiSpellSystemAdjustments make level 7 cleric spells recharge MUCH earlier than level 9 mage spells. Recommend changing BiG World Installpack\BiG World Smoothpack\_modify\iiSpellSystemAdjustments_1_input.txt to:
Y

And as I escape the dogs being sent after me, a great BiG thanks for including iiSSAM :D

PS: I'll try to do a new Yikari component :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 02 December 2011 - 01:43 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#4 -William Imm-

-William Imm-

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Also, the fixpack does not copy a updated Oggdec over to the Kivan mod folder - this causes the setup to puke when it tries to install Kivan. Please update the fixpack that change (and Lol's too)

#5 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:05 AM

I have now included your suggestions in BWP 10.3.1

#6 -William Imm-

-William Imm-

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

Leo, I think it might be somewhat excessive to copy the whole Ogg suite over there, Kivan only uses oggdec. Please update the fixpack so that it only copies oggdec over (no need for a version change on that update)

#7 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

If you want to make the Fixpack "smaller", you could delete setup-gavin_kickout_hotfix.exe and/or Setup-Innate_Fix.exe and add another copy-line to the batch.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

And IRv3 b1.5 didn't actually fix stuff regards to megamods TOOLTIP.2DA borkage :( My apologies :crying:

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#9 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

now BWP Fixpack is 10.3.2

#10 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

So...that Weidu issue with not installing some of the core files was resolved?

Nice...gotta go get the new version then...

And here I was hoping I'd finish the Breagar translation before this version came about...I guess there's always next itme.

#11 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

I downloaded all the latest BWP 10.3.1 updated files today, hoping they would solve my problem of not starting my mega mod game. Sad to say they performed the same way as the 10.3 versions.

I am using the same mods and edits I used in the past with the BWP 9.4 version of BWP install files. That game started just fine.

With BWP 9.4, the TobEx DOS window opens, stays open and BGT starts. With BWP 10.3 and BWP 10.3.1, the TobEx DOS window opens, closes in seconds and BGT does not start.

I think I over wrote my BWP 9.4 files. I know that was dumb for me to do that. Where can I download the BWP 9.4 files as SHS only has the latest files?

Hope this information can point you to a solution to my problem. BWP 10.3.1 has some nice improvements.

Tom

My apologies. Two mistakes. One, v9.4 should be v9.10. Two, I found where the old BWP versions are.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 05 December 2011 - 09:28 PM.

#12 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Now, this is very strange. I startet a new installation with the same Installpack and the same Fixpack as with my latest working BWP installation as before. However, this time I got the error message:
----------------------------------------------------------------
              Invalid Baldur's Gate directory, or
             incorrect Baldur's Gate installation.

It is safe to abort this installation by closing this window, or
                pressing Ctrl+Break three times.
This is caused by the file Input.txt inside the BGT mod because it stores the signs \=/ instead of the real path. The file Input.txt is created by the BGT mod itself. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge how to correct this. For now the simpliest solution is to install BGT manually.

#13 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

Now, this is very strange. I startet a new installation with the same Installpack and the same Fixpack as with my latest working BWP installation as before. However, this time I got the error message:

Invalid Baldur's Gate directory, or
             incorrect Baldur's Gate installation.

It is safe to abort this installation by closing this window, or
                pressing Ctrl+Break three times.
This is caused by the file Input.txt inside the BGT mod because it stores the signs \=/ instead of the real path. The file Input.txt is created by the BGT mod itself. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge how to correct this. For now the simpliest solution is to install BGT manually.

False alarm! - I do not know what was going wrong last time, but this time a re-installation went flawlessly again.

#14 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:09 AM

With the new Installpack 10.3.2 now I have moved "Creature Slot Fixer" and "Innates Set to Level One" from the end prior to Vecna because otherwise they get not installed (see my first post above).

#15 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

Just a suggestion for BiG World Fixpack.

As the MODs are up graded, improvements and fixes are added. Therefore the needs for fixes from BiG World Fixpack change. So I suggest that you include a simple text file that lists the MOD name and Version number of each MOD that is repaired by that version of BiG World Fixpack. That way, one can use the MODs BiG World Fixpack fixes or install the MODs newer versions after running BiG World Fixpack.

I think this will help install a trouble free game.

As to the work on BiG World Project, I am impressed and greatly appreciate these programs. Even though I am not currently using BWP to make my mega-mod, the information in these programs is priceless. It has helped me avoid many problems without having to go by trial and error routines.

Thanks for the good work,

Tom

My Sincere apologies. I just found the file BWP fixes.txt. This file has most of the information I asked for. Now to see if I have any problems with the MODs I selected.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 08 December 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#16 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:00 AM

The Fixpack searches for specific lines that are defined as faulty with the patch and replaces them by new ones. If the modder has corrected or changed the files the defined lines do not fit any more and nothing happens.
I maintain the Fixpack provisional since White Agnus is no longer active. The fixes itself mostly are made by other ones (thanks to Lollorian!) A documantation about the fixes would be optimal, however, it is too much work for me. Sorry. See the "Fixes for the BiG fixpack" thread instead.

#17 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hi Leonardo:

Thanks for the reply. I am having lots of trouble installing my game. I have exhausted the possible major causes. I am looking at whatever other reasons, no matter however slim the chances are that they are the problem. Your reply eliminates one more item I do no need to worry about.

Thanks again,

Tom

#18 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hi,
tried to install 3 times BWP with Install pack 10.3.2 and Fixpack 10.3.3, and Item Revisions doesnt install due to errors.
Any one else having thhis problem ? How to solve this ?
Tx

Spoiler

Edited by Leokosta, 10 December 2011 - 06:52 PM.

#19 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

Maybe post its debug file after it fails (if is not a common problem)? :blink:
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#20 Leokosta

Leokosta
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Tx for the reply.
Sending IR Debug and Weido.log