• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Please use this thread for any and all typos, bugs, or questions - lay 'em on us! :D

Edited by Aeryn, 02 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#2 RavenBlack

RavenBlack

Proofreading Ninja

• 75 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

*pops in*

The RE response for Noober should set LS_RE_Noober instead of LS_RE_Anishai.

#3 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

Gah, thanks! It's always that one thing you forget to check... :P

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#4 Piperb

Piperb
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hi Aeryn,

Two things: First, the romance is excellent! Expected no less, honestly. Second, a question. Is the PID supposed to pop up on its own right before HD's first lovetalk?

#5 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

If it popped up right as you walk out of the Flagon after saving Haer'Dalis from the Planar Prison, then that's a known issue that will occasionally happen because of a vanilla game conversation that should pop up there. He's supposed to say something directing you to the playhouse as you're on your way to return the gem to Raelis with him in the party, but if that trigger doesn't happen when it's supposed to (half the time in my games it wouldn't come up even when I tried to get it to go), it'll cause the PID menu to open up the first time you walk over it after the romance is active.

If you (or anyone else) had the PID menu open on its own at any other time or place, please let me know the specifics so I can look into it. :)

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#6 Piperb

Piperb
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

It was outside FF after the PP quest so no worries it is the known issue. And that was the only time it appeared on its own in my game so far. Otherwise all talks, etc are appearing as they should. Underdark with HD is interesting to say the least. :D Any chance more like that will be added in the future?

#7 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Weeell, the juicy bits in the Underdark were an experiment of sorts. Initially I wanted to prove to myself that I could actually write them. Haer'Dalis has proven annoyingly difficult to write for in the intimacy department for me. Whether I expand stuff like that to the main portion of the romance will probably depend mostly on feedback I get. It's a lot of effort, so if it's something people are meh about, it'll be hard to feel motivated. :P On the other hand, it's something that really stretches me in the writing department because I don't feel comfortable with it, so it might be something I force myself to do anyway. Writing smut is good for the soul, right? :D

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#8 Piperb

Piperb
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

other hand, it's something that really stretches me in the writing department because I don't feel comfortable with it, so it might be something I force myself to do anyway.

I never would've guessed that. All the intimacy talks you created are excellent. I took a look at the .d file after the Underdark encounter. Hands down, that one is my favorite though.

Writing smut is good for the soul, right? :D

:devil:

#9 Iavasechui

Iavasechui
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

XD Well I ended up with an interesting glitch, I got Aerie's reaction to the Slayer event in spellhold. XD I was expecting HD or Anomen (I totally failed to realize Anomen's romance had stopped. XD Still keeping him in the party, especially after his turn undead started exploding liches XD)

#10 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Her romance reaction? It's been a long time since I had her along, but I seem to remember something about Aerie's romance stuff popping up in Spellhold or the Underdark when it shouldn't be. I don't remember if I ever knew what caused it, though. ^_^ Maybe Aerie's just needy.

Edit: To clarify, I meant to say that I believe this was an issue that existed long before the HD mod.

Edited by Aeryn, 16 December 2011 - 08:08 PM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Do you have any multi-romance enabling mods installed, or ones that remove romance restrictions? Would you mind posting your WeiDU.log?

#12 Iavasechui

Iavasechui
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

I don't have any multi-romance mods, and as I was a female charname it was rather amusing XD Ummm I can't post it, my only internet is through my psp so I can't upload or copy and paste. My laptop refuses to detect wifi at all now.
Umm unless you count the HD romance's ability for HD to be the 'other man'? Hmm... XD still can't get over the fact that Anomen can blow up LICHES with his turn undead (I may be a bit overleveled XD)

#13 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

I don't have any multi-romance mods, and as I was a female charname it was rather amusing XD Ummm I can't post it, my only internet is through my psp so I can't upload or copy and paste. My laptop refuses to detect wifi at all now.
Umm unless you count the HD romance's ability for HD to be the 'other man'? Hmm... XD still can't get over the fact that Anomen can blow up LICHES with his turn undead (I may be a bit overleveled XD)

Lol. I just want to chime in here for a minute, Aerie's reactions in Spellhold almost always trigger for me nowadays. Even if I'm in a committed romance with someone else, and even if I'm a female PC. It's gotten to the point where I just manually set her RomanceActive variable to 0 the moment I step foot into the first level of Spellhold.

If anyone could shed some light on this bug, I would be eternally grateful. This has gotten quite annoying over time.

Oh, and I don't use multi-romance cheats or anything.

Edited by Agashi, 17 December 2011 - 09:03 AM.

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

#14 -RandomGerman-

-RandomGerman-

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hi.
Just finished SoA with this mod installed and encountered a bug at hell when Irenicus is supposed to appear. After inserting the final tear of bhaal Haer'Dalis starts his final lovetalk. Problem is that he seems to interrupt the cut-scene, so the gate opens and nothing else happens.
I was able to get around this through positioning Haer'Dalis right next to my PC, so his lovetalk starts just before the cut-scene starts.
Maybe it would be better to let him start his final talk when the fourth tear of bhaal is used in order to prevent this from happening.

Greets

#15 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi.
Just finished SoA with this mod installed and encountered a bug at hell when Irenicus is supposed to appear. After inserting the final tear of bhaal Haer'Dalis starts his final lovetalk. Problem is that he seems to interrupt the cut-scene, so the gate opens and nothing else happens.
I was able to get around this through positioning Haer'Dalis right next to my PC, so his lovetalk starts just before the cut-scene starts.
Maybe it would be better to let him start his final talk when the fourth tear of bhaal is used in order to prevent this from happening.

Greets

I actually changed the area script to ensure this doesn't occur: it should not be possible. Can you please email me your weidu.log and your AR2900.bcs file? My email is the first three letters of my username @spellholdstudios.net. Thanks!

#16 -Line-

-Line-

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hello,

I was delighted at the idea of this mod! I'm giving it a try with the Yoshimo and Keldorn romances, oh, and Edwin as well, whether or not that is a good idea. All those romances are still in the first stage. Now, when I save the theater troupe and we're ported back to the FF, Haer'Dalis comes up and gives me two dialogues, the first being 'Mayhap you will invite this sparrow to join the two of you next time?' , immediately followed by 'In moments like these, I wonder if I know you at all...' After this, his RomanceActive gets set to 3. There were no dialogues with him at all before the planar prison.

So...I'm guessing there's a conflict, but I can't figure out which, or if it's a bug.

#17 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

It doesn't sound like those other mods are to blame, at least not for the two lines that you quoted. Those pop up from certain Romantic Encounters components, so I'm assuming you'd done a few RE bits before picking up HD? Technically speaking, I have no idea how to account for that and prevent those backlogged talks from coming up when he joins, but maybe K'aeloree will have a solution. The mystery, though, is why is HD's romance variable setting to 3...definitely something odd there, because the RE "conflicts" don't shut down the romance.

I'm hoping I'll be able to address some of the issues people have brought up in the not so distant future, and I'll defintely poke around and see what I can come up with. Thank you for the report! It's so helpful when people take the time to give details. ^_^

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#18 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Huh, I hadn't thought of the REs. The only one I /think/ I've done is uh, RIbald, at that point... Maybe I should have gotten Haer'Dalis earlier, as I had done the thief stronghold before heading to the playhouse. Either way, I set the variable back to 1, and seem to be getting the talks properly.

#19 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

A couple of potential typos:

Spoiler

#20 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Oh, awesome! Thank you so much. :) I can never spot my own typos. I'll make sure those are fixed in the next version.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship