Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 -kiwibliss-

-kiwibliss-

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

After reading this, I have a question regarding the romanceactive setting. Mine is also set to 3, but it does seem that the romance is still active (I got a talk with Minsc about it in the Underdark just a bit ago). I did have the Arath mod installed simultaneously, and started romancing him first, but switched to Haer'Dalis before it was serious (I think it's set at 1). I also kind of managed to lose Arath when I removed him from the party at one point, so I don't know if I can go back and officially end it (I guess I can edit the global with Shadowkeeper or something). Long story short, I'm guessing that 3 is the "dead" variable or something? Should I manually set it? Did the Arath mod conflict in some way?

Sorry for the many questions. Both mods are excellent (Arath and Haer'Dalis), I just ended up being a bit more partial to one in the end.

#22 -kiwibliss-

-kiwibliss-

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Ugh, scratch the previous message as I was looking at the entirely wrong variable. My apologies for that.

#23 -Loveless-

-Loveless-

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hello everybody,
I have a question about the romance:
so I started the romance with HD and at the beginning he had many talks, till the lovescene (in the forest with the stars), and since then HD has nothing more to say. So my question is, considering that I'm still in chapter 2, is the problem stated before normal? I also have flirted with anomen and Valygar (plus some romance encounters), so have I accidentally ended the romance?

Thanks for any help :)

BTW: I checked with shadow keeper and the HDromanceActive variable is 3, what does it mean ?

Ps: I really love your mods, and sorry for my English :)

#24 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

You have, yes, unfortunately. HDRomanceActive = 3 means that the romance is broken.

#25 -Loveless-

-Loveless-

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Oh.... so how could I set it on the good path ? Is there a way ? I really wanted to test this romance... may I be damned for mycuriosity lol

#26 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

You could try opening the CLUAConsole and typing: SetGlobal("LS_HaerDalisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2), but I'm not sure if that will work -- it depends on where you were in the romance. Honestly, I would just play through one of the other romances, and do Haer'Dalis in another game. :)

#27 -Loveless-

-Loveless-

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

hmm.. but I fear that I may have the same problem the next time if I don't know what it was that caused it... could it be a specific mod presence or the romance encounters ?

If I have other npc mod installed but I dont flirt with them could that prevent this problem or is the their mere installation a problem ?

Nevertheless, thank you for your response :)

#28 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

It wouldn't be a particular mod or RE--RE is accounted for in the mod, actually. He comments on a couple of encounters.

Haer'Dalis' romance has a number of shut-off points, all of them are fairly obvious. You should be able to multi-romance up to a certain point, at least, if I recall correctly.

Alright; did you get the morning-after talk when you slept with him outside at night?

#29 -Loveless-

-Loveless-

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yes It was something like " now that we've done it we should continue it lol". I'm sure that I tried to follow the romantic path, and also when speaking with him I have access to the more romantic flirting "kiss him... touch his face ect..."

#30 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Ahh, when you say HDRomanceActive, you actually mean "HaerdalisRomanceActive," right? Because that's not the variable for this romance, that's actually the variable for the Aerie/Haer'Dalis romance.

I need to know what the variable "LS_HaerDalisRomanceActive" is. It'd be great if you could find "LS_HaerDalisLovetalk" too, that will help us find where you were exactly int he romance.

#31 -Loveless-

-Loveless-

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Oh.... I feel so stupid, sorryyyy :(

So LS_HaerDalisRomanceActive : 1
and LS_HaerDalisLovetalk: 46

#32 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

No, don't feel stupid, it's a very easy mistake to make--I mean, it's not exactly the most descriptive variable. You can thank BioWare for that one. ;)

Actually, nothing's wrong, you've just completed the romance path. If you keep playing you'll find there are a couple more talks spread throughout the game, culminating in a final talk in Hell. :cheers:

#33 -Loveless-

-Loveless-

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Thank you...I'm really new to the modding lol...

BTW : So I've completed the romance already ? And I'm only in the second chapter (44 game days)... hum... Do you think that it's possible that I had a bug ? And also when I say to that we should "sleep together " (Inn/forest) he answers but when I actually rent the room nothing happens...

PS: thank you for you (real fast) help, I really appreciate it :)

#34 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Romances are generally on a timer rather than linked to chapters or game events. You had over 20 dialogues, I'm not sure what you were expecting. ;) There's craploads more dialogue in the PID that becomes available as you progress through the game, so make sure to check that out!

As I recall, the sex is implied rather than explicated. Renting a room won't actually do anything, it's all in-dialogue. :)

#35 -Loveless-

-Loveless-

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

I suppose the romance dialogues were so good that I forgot that they aren't infinite lol.
Now I will cherish all his interventions XD

But that you for clearing that for me and for your time :)

#36 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

No problem, I hope you enjoy the rest of the mod! :)

#37 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

I think i've got a problem... I have a PID box with HD's face on it, but he isn't saying anything and there's no way I can exit out of the conversation.

#38 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

I think i've got a problem... I have a PID box with HD's face on it, but he isn't saying anything and there's no way I can exit out of the conversation.

An update... When I tried to exit the program there was an error saying "An assertation failed in ChVideo.cpp at line number 8641"

#39 -ussnorway-

-ussnorway-

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

Hi.
Just finished SoA with this mod installed and encountered a bug at hell when Irenicus is supposed to appear. After inserting the final tear of bhaal Haer'Dalis starts his final lovetalk. Problem is that he seems to interrupt the cut-scene, so the gate opens and nothing else happens.
I was able to get around this through positioning Haer'Dalis right next to my PC, so his lovetalk starts just before the cut-scene starts.
Maybe it would be better to let him start his final talk when the fourth tear of bhaal is used in order to prevent this from happening.

Greets

I actually changed the area script to ensure this doesn't occur: it should not be possible. Can you please email me your weidu.log and your AR2900.bcs file? My email is the first three letters of my username @spellholdstudios.net. Thanks!

I have encountered a similar problem with the ~SCSII Improved Irenicus in Hell (Tactics remix) -> sometimes he doesn’t show up or his script bugs out... having the final love talk jumping in does appear to be what is causing it but I uninstalled SCS (for this battle) so as to get past this bump.
My weilog is posted here http://social.biowar...942/157#9980023

Screenshot

http://i266.photobuc...O15/O152508.jpg

Or read the post here http://social.biowar...dex/3120942/179 ... The bottom of the page.

#40 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

It makes sense that there would be a conflict there, and though it's something K'aeloree's better equipped to see a solution for, I cannot express enough how much I appreciate the detailed report. It's hard to fix stuff when people don't tell you there's a problem. :) Thanks again!

Edited by Aeryn, 17 July 2012 - 07:55 AM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship