• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 12:40 PM

Due to curcumstances beyond my control no more information about the mod will be posted on the FWS Forums. IF you want to ask any questions or generally interested in the mod progress please email me personally at ladydorotea@hotmail.com

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 29 October 2003 - 12:44 PM

Kruh?!

KABOOM!

Don't cry for me, Peru.

#3 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:01 PM

Honestly, why do you even care what other mods are hosted here?

#4 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:02 PM

I would not - but I received a few nasty PM's without soliciting the info - so I prefer to withdraw.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#5 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:03 PM

Due to curcumstances beyond my control

Honestly, why do you even care what other mods are hosted here?

She hates them so much that she can't control it. I'd've thought that was obvious. :)

#6 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:15 PM

She hates them so much that she can't control it. I'd've thought that was obvious. 

I do not hate any mods or anybody personally - what I hate is being harassed, and that is what I believe have been happening lately. If somebody dislikes my work that much that they have to make a mod just to prove their point and send me a PM pointing this out - the only rational thing I can do is to leave the field of battle to the person in question.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#7 Tancred

Tancred

Hapless Paladin

• 209 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:39 PM

Can't you report them to Neil, or something? I'd wager those who want you to go are significantly outnumbered by those who would like it if you didn't. I reckon if the PMs had been actual posts there'd have been a swarm of support for you and your work.

EDIT: Plus, the thought of the harasser/s staying in the forum while you disappear leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

#8 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:45 PM

Due to curcumstances beyond my control no more information about the mod will be posted on the FWS Forums. IF you want to ask any questions or generally interested in the mod progress please email me personally at ladydorotea@hotmail.com

*blinks* :blink: Well, you know I think it would be a crying shame if you left - and I hope you'll reconsider. Will of course mail you about this at once as well.

#9 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:47 PM

Can't you report them to Neil, or something? I'd wager those who want you to go are significantly outnumbered by those who would like it if you didn't. I reckon if the PMs had been actual posts there'd have been a swarm of support for you and your work.

EDIT: Plus, the thought of the harasser/s staying in the forum while you disappear leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

I have to agree with Tancred and Laufey on this. If someone was harrassing you via PM, I would rather see them booted than have you leave.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#10 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:56 PM

I agree. Harassment by PMs is better stopped than given in to.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#11 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 01:57 PM

I do not hate any mods or anybody personally - what I hate is being harassed, and that is what I believe have been happening lately. If somebody dislikes my work that much that they have to make a mod just to prove their point and send me a PM pointing this out - the only rational thing I can do is to leave the field of battle to the person in question.

I really don't understand how Harvey is an anti redeem Irenicus mod, though.

And I agree, if you've been receiving harassing PMs, you should report them to Neil.

#12 cliffette

cliffette

Pervy hobbit fancier, moi?

• 47 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:01 PM

This is about Harvey? The rabbit?

It's been in development since an age ago... I don't think it was made just to spite you.

#13 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:06 PM

I feel I have to say something or this is really going to get out of hand. I'm sorry if my mod has somehow insulted you. I assure you I've been working on it since I joined a while back (Feb?) and was never intended to be anything more than a new and interesting NPC.

I've heard good things about your mods and I was intending to try and redeem Irenicus in my next go of BG2. I was also glad you liked my idea on the 'Banter Packs - Part Deux' and hoped we could work on a banter some time between our NPCs.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#14 PetiteAngel2

PetiteAngel2
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:10 PM

come on Dorotea dont go :o

#15 Tancred

Tancred

Hapless Paladin

• 209 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:19 PM

I have the curious suspicion this is not really due to Harvey, folks. I think someone's 'overstepped the bounds of courtesy' with regards to the Redemption mods, at a guess, and sent it in a PM where we can't all see it.

"Don't let the b's grind you down." It's a cliche, Dorotea, but please see that it's not an empty one.

EDIT: I have something of a history of jumping to conclusions.

#16 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:21 PM

I feel I have to say something or this is really going to get out of hand. I'm sorry if my mod has somehow insulted you. I assure you I've been working on it since I joined a while back (Feb?) and was never intended to be anything more than a new and interesting NPC.

Honestly - I would not have even noticed if I was not send 2 PM's first one in the Attic pointing out to some 'fun' discussions in some rather remote forum, and then here pointing to your mod with explicit indication that it is indeed a parody and asking how do I like it. Well, I don't know if I ever offended you personally - but I thought it was you at first, although I do know the other person.

I never wrote any parodies myself or send any PMs or even provided an unsolicited critique - but I had a misfortune to give my 'true' opinion on certain mods when cornered by the author and forced to say something about his mods. Some conflicts though have a tendency to escalate.

I have no desire to have any witch hunt here - we already had a scandal in the Attic over similar issues, and I hoped FWS can stay neutral at least. Yet I feel somebody cannot stop scratching the itch...

Most likely I will cool down and just ask Maidros to lead this forum for a while.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#17 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 02:28 PM

Ok I have no idea who sent those PMs (I've never actually been to the Attic) although I'm very curious myself as to who sent them. I assure whoever is concerned that my mod is not a parody of anyone/anything (much as it sounds like a Rabbit NPC Mod is ripping the piss).

I hope things are cool between us and that we might collaberate sometime in the future.

#18 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 03:50 PM

Ok I have no idea who sent those PMs (I've never actually been to the Attic) although I'm very curious myself as to who sent them. I assure whoever is concerned that my mod is not a parody of anyone/anything (much as it sounds like a Rabbit NPC Mod is ripping the piss).

I hope things are cool between us and that we might collaberate sometime in the future.

Alright - accept that the Rabbit dude with *comlete memory loss* have nothing to do with Grey Ashes or the Longer Road <_< and that whoever sent me that second PM was simply yakking.

To asure you all that I am not completely without sense of humor I will post a complete set of Edwin-Irenicus banters that was already posted in the Attic, in wich both of the mages end up as furry rodents... not exactly rabbits (and in any case it better be the 'killer bunny' with 'teeth') :ph34r:

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#19 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:25 AM

I actually decided to scrap the complete memory loss part right near the start and just left him without his name...

But anyway I'm going offtopic in your thread...

#20 maidros

maidros
  • Modder
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 06:20 AM

Well, I have no doubt all of this can be peacefully settled, folks. Please keep cool in the meantime and I hope no one starts a battle on this thread.

Wealth I seek not hope nor love,
Nor a friend to know me,
All I ask the heaven above
And my work before me.