Need help identifying a mod.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

I have a small annoyance. Not really a big deal, but it bothers me that I cannot find the cause of this.

I use MixMod to set the amount of stacks I carry to 300% for all. A mod does not agree with my choice and lowers (20%) the amount of arrows I can carry in one slot. The number of arrows is now 160 not the 200 I expected. Not a big deal if that is all that is changed. I searched through BiG World PDF (twice) and cannot find the mod and component that did this. If anyone knows what mod and component makes this change, I would appreciate that information.

Thanks for any help,
Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 19 December 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#2 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

This is weird. Arrows, bolts, and bullets stack at 160. Poison arrows stack at 200. In the past, when I selected 300%, all missiles stacked at 200. Normal jewelry and gems now stack at 4. In the past, jewelry and gems stacked at 20. This may be due to selecting "BI" as my AI.

I am interested in knowing what causes this.

Tom

PS: The game is playing well. No bright pink coloring this time. Some CTD, but not that frequent to spoil the game. I think using the BI option for AI made the fights tougher, but more realistic and lots of fun. I have to work for every battle I win. There are many I do not win, too.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

If anyone knows what mod and component makes this change, I would appreciate that information.

Easy, just change-log the item... "arow01.itm" . :D

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Thanks Jarno:

I am not sure exactly what you mean, but I will look it up and see what I can find out about your comment.

Tom

Searched for the folder "change-log". It must have been removed by BiG world Clean-Up.bat because it is no longer in my BGII - SoA folder.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 20 December 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

Well, if you don't know what I refer to with the change-log'ging, read this.

#6 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hi Jarno.

I downloaded Change-Log.zip, installed the files in my BGII - SoA folder, edited Change-Log.bat and ran the batch file. This program was easy to use.

Here are the results.

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22700
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
override/arow01.itm
override/AROW01.ITM LostItems/backup/0/AROW01.ITM
override/arow01.itm item_rev/backup/0/arow01.itm

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("AzenMOD/backup/0/MAPPINGS.0: No such file or directory")

I assume that the FATAL ERROR means that not all the mods were checked. Is there a way around the error so the rest of the mods can be checked?

I looked up the readme files for LostItems and item_rev. LostItems sets the ammo stacks to 50 and adds lots of items in the main component. Item_rev does not change ammo stacks. So it looks like I am stuck with my ammo stacks of 160. I just cannot figure out how an increase of 300% gets to 160. Maybe it is the new math?

My main concern was what else was changed? I am almost through Nashkell mines and no real surprises yet. It has been a bit more difficult than my other Tactic games, but very easy to play. (Spending lots of gold in the Temples on Resurrections.) I watch for any other anomalies in the game.

Tom

#7 pacek

pacek
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

How does a 300% increase get you to either 160 or 200??

Interestingly, the increase from 40 to 50 (Lost items you say) is the same as 160 to 200. Not a solution but might be a clue.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

Here are the results.

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 22700
[WeiDU.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
override/arow01.itm
override/AROW01.ITM LostItems/backup/0/AROW01.ITM
override/arow01.itm item_rev/backup/0/arow01.itm

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error("AzenMOD/backup/0/MAPPINGS.0: No such file or directory")

I assume that the FATAL ERROR means that not all the mods were checked.

Nope, it means that you cheesed up by using an older WeiDU.exe version now while installing the mods with newer one, and then deleting all traces of those files... Well the BWP tools did that for you.

Is there a way around the error so the rest of the mods can be checked?

The first FAQ's answer gives that, downloading the latest WeiDU archive and using the WeiDU.exe from it.

You might want to read the FAQ before you ask the questions answered in it, next time.

I looked up the readme files for LostItems and item_rev. LostItems sets the ammo stacks to 50 and adds lots of items in the main component. Item_rev does not change ammo stacks. So it looks like I am stuck with my ammo stacks of 160. I just cannot figure out how an increase of 300% gets to 160. Maybe it is the new math?

Well you do know that increasing the size of something with +300% is the same as multiplying it with 4... 160=4*the original 40. :doh: While 200=4*50.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 20 December 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#9 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hi Jarno.

Just for your information in case there is a problem with change-log.bat.

The Weidu.exe I used the first time with change-log.bat was v22700. It was downloaded with change-log.bat.

The WeiDU.exe I used to install the game was v23100. I copied this to the BGII - SoA folder and reran change-log.bat. Exact same results.

After the mess with my game installation, I should know to check versions.

I am giving up on why this happened. If other critical problems show up then I'll return to this issue. After reading the above comments on the 300%, my guess is that LostTime did not increase the ammo stacks to 50. I do not know the cause of this as only a few of my components choices were changed. The major change was that I switched the AI I used. Previously I used SCS-SCSII. Now I am using BI. With BI, more components were installed. Altogether, using BI made a more interesting and fun-filled game, so I am pleased with the overall results.

As for reading FAQ and instructions, isn't it normal for men to read these as a last resort? Actually, I skip these because of a great shortage of time to do all I want. At my age, time is a critical commodity. I never seem to have enough time to do what I need to do.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate this holiday.

Tom