Photo

How to install BWP for newbies (and up)

big world project guide manual installation noob newb

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#161 -shadow-

-shadow-

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

thanks for all the help. I went ahead and added a pause and manually installed it. I hadnt seen your post yet. I do now.

OKAYYY, so i got everything to install (had to manually install nogameover for some reason by adding pause also) and the game is up and running. However, BIG BUG

when creating a character or leveling up, there is never new weapon proficiencies that i can take. new amount to add always equals 0. To double check this bug, I used the cheat to add 7 mill exp and still no new weapon pros given. anyone encounter this? I am allowed to add everything else except weapon pros

#162 tyrthyllanos

tyrthyllanos
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

BiG World Textpack

This link in the first post links to the German textpack, does that mean i should be using this? I want to play and English only game, preferably with no German speaking as well.

I'm curious about this as well. Not sure if there's a reason to be using the german version textpack. The version number is higher but the description seems to indicate that it's meant for german language games. Anyone know for sure?

#163 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

Unless you want to use Ratizel, do not use the English textpack.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#164 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Just a simple question: after the installation of megamod can I install additional mods and there will be no problem? I ask cuz somehow it failed to install Vecna mod and I wonder what to do with it...

#165 -Sir Vykel Kanser-

-Sir Vykel Kanser-

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Vecna will only be included if you chose a Tactics install (if the installer tried to install and failed, there should be a setup-vecna.debug file in the BG2 folder, view this to check what went wrong).

If you don't want to run the install again, you could try installing Vecna manually, but you do risk conflict (or issues) with mods added after by the installer (open the BiG_World_Install.bat and do a search on "vecna" to locate it and see which mods are installed afterwards). Redoing the install would be the safest option (if you took a second backup of the BG2 folder after extracting all the mods as suggested above, this shouldn't require much effort).

#166 -Aaron-

-Aaron-

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

I know this thread is a little old but I'm having a problem with the guide, er the installer.

In my BGII - SoA directory I run BiG World Install.bat, choose a language, choose BGT, and then it goes into a loop showing BG1-PATCH-CHECK (press any key to continue). Pressing a key just makes the same message come back up. The batch file never progresses.

Posted Image
I dunno but it seems like it's looking for a path that either doesn't exist or looking in the wrong place. I've made sure that the directory for BG1 is "Baldur's Gate".

BWP
--Baldur's Gate
--BGII - SoA (this is where the batch file is)

This is me trying to install this crap on top of a fresh install from GoG's DnD Master Collection that was on sale a couple weeks ago. It has an installer for complete BG1 & 2, IWD1 & 2, and TOEE. I doubt it's any different than GoG's standalone releases, it's just packaged in a different installer. Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

#167 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

There should be a post to go and get a updated BIG World installer in my sig. Don't use my out-of-date version, use the one uploaded by -Sir Vykel Kanser-.. which should be on page 3 or 4 of the thread, I forgot which.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#168 -Aaron-

-Aaron-

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the link William but I still have a problem (is this even the right thread for troubleshooting this?)

First, there's this, but I think this one is harmless:
Posted Image

Next, there's this, which is definitely a problem but not helpful to getting everything working:
Posted Image

BGT not installed you say?! And yeah when I start up BG2 and start a new game of Amn it just starts like normal instead of at Candlekeep. How can I troubleshoot and fix this problem? This is the whole reason for me being here lol.

#169 Aaron.F

Aaron.F
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

That's me above but I posted as guest so I can't edit it. I found out about the .DEBUG files for mods and the problem still confuses me. The .DEBUG says this (trimmed)

Spoiler

It looks like I need to make my own thread about this. The batch file is looking for Baldurs Gate (no apostrophe) and I have the game in Baldur's Gate (with apostrophe). Changing the directory to remove the apostrophe just causes the loop again. I'm very frustrated with this but I think I can get it working with help.

#170 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

Known problem. There is a new version of the BiG World Install.bat that fixes the BGT issue, but does not have my revised BG1 check (because Leo said it didn't work on his system).

I'll upload a version with the revised check, I promise.

EDIT: And the version is here, with a new CRC checksum just to shut up the installer.

Attached Files

Edited by William Imm, 23 March 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#171 Aaron.F

Aaron.F
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

EDIT: I figured it out. The reference to 'cut' had me looking in my installpack directory for cut.exe (.com .bat etc) but it's not there. I didn't actually have the latest installpack. So it's running again now and we'll see if it works :)

OLD POST:
Spoiler

Edited by Aaron.F, 23 March 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#172 -Dzees-

-Dzees-

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

However, BIG BUG

when creating a character or leveling up, there is never new weapon proficiencies that i can take. new amount to add always equals 0. To double check this bug, I used the cheat to add 7 mill exp and still no new weapon pros given. anyone encounter this? I am allowed to add everything else except weapon pros

It is not a bug : you installed iiLearnThroughUse : http://iilearnthroughuse.iimods.com/

#173 wiiman

wiiman
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Decided to try and do this, yes I disabled UAC, but should a second cmd window open up when it says "Processing fixs for bg1ub" with the second window doing nothing?

I have 2 installs of BG2 just incase the BWP one doesn't work out so no rush to help. Seconds just the tweaks and UB stuff and BGT.

Got it to work with a less ambitious install, removed CtB and DSotSC.
It was removing the text pack.

Only problem is one of the mods seems to be screwing with what party members say when you click on them. They spout some totally random thing from a list. That one witch minsc has you rescue mention a daughter and khalid when going into battle just spouted some random crap about "Kozah" or something.

Edited by wiiman, 27 March 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#174 imaslamhawg

imaslamhawg
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

A question on the BWP Mod List: is there any site with descriptions of the mods/tweaks in English? If I click anything to try and learn about it, the descritpion is in German. I do not speak German :(

#175 imaslamhawg

imaslamhawg
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

"An assertion failed in Chitin.cpp at line number 1628
Programmer says: Error initializing key table, bad key file.

After doing all of the extractions/installations I got this on Windows 7.

Any ideas?

#176 SelfRighteous

SelfRighteous
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi, I'm trying hard to install BWP, but i just cant deal with instaling DSotSC.When I run BWP instalpack or i try to install manually DSotSC im seeing this:

[Setup-DSotSC.exe] WeiDU version 23102
This is a non-stable version. Unless you're sure about what you're doing, consider downgrading.
[Setup-DSotSC.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

Installing [Dark Side Interparty Banter] [v 2.16.1]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Appending to files column-wise ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 2 files ...

or it ask me when i do it manually:

Would you like to choose any alternate portraits?
it skips installing the DSotSC core, dont know why. I am a noob @ instaling all this mods, i have done it once before but long time ago and not BWP... And im struggling with this instalation like 2 or 3 days already and cant handle it :> Please help :)

i have installed game as was said in BiG World Instruction, i patched BG TotSC to version 5512, BG 2 ToB to 26498, i added missing files from bg1 and then run BWP with fixpack, textpack, trimpack etc just as said in this theme

#177 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

*Note: Never run that exe file in your "BWP/BGII - SoA" directory!!! it will install it and you do NOT want to do that just yet!!

This was posted in regard to the BG2 Fixpack and is hinted at being true for all mods that are self-extracting & self-installing.

I just wanted to say that it isn't truly necessary. Yes the mod in question may start its installer, but it can be easily exited by choosing whatever language, saying No to any questions about seeing specific component groups and pressing Q at the first offer to install something. A debug file will still be made and if it's the first mod of this type a weidu.log will still be made. However the weidu.log will be empty as nothing was actually done. Both the debug file and weidu.log can be deleted without causing any harm.

Since this is a guide for newbies tho, I suggest providing this as an option for those who've done this a time or two before or are comfortable with installing mods in general. Guess that would be for the intermediate & up groups

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#178 -spamhead80-

-spamhead80-

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

I am doing the GOG install and I downloaded the updated BiG World Installer. bat from William's sig to get around the BG1 Patch Check loop, however now I'm not even progressing in the install at all but getting this message:
.\BiG World Installpack\move to main folder\*.*
The system cannot find the file specified.
0 file(s) copied.

The system cannot find the file specified.
Press any key to continue . . .

I'm not sure exactly what is hanging it up. If anyone has had this issue or can guess what might be going on I'd appreciate a pointer in the right direction. Thanks :).

#179 spamhead80

spamhead80
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Fixed my issue above with a simple "Run as Administrator". That'll teach me to install anything late at night.

#180 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Bumped to keep it on first page~
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big world project, guide, manual installation, noob, newb