Photo

Limit on scrolling in divine spell book?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

I have one party member who is a 28-> 34 Archer->Cleric dual-class, which enables him to get all Druid and Cleric spells.
He has 35 spells known at spell level 6, but I can only scroll to spell number 32.

ToBEX is 0.21.11.6

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#2 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Ok, Im nobody to help.. but the new version of ToBEX (22) says somthing about spell caps.. this could be a randomly stupid post (Im sure it is) and probably has nothing to do with what your asking... but it might? As it sounds like the new thing they added.. similar to what your asking.. but then Im a idiot lol.

BTW (OT but similar)I also noticed that there needs to be a scrollbar on the spell memorized side as well, as some combination of items lets you learn more spell then you see.. that is if you have more spells of a level then you see.. you can keep adding them (you wont see it) but the sound will clue you in to what your adding in the spellbook or cleric spells. For example if you are high level and have a item the doubles your 1st or second level spells.. you cant see all the available slots..

Anyway.. check out that new thing the ToBex mod adds.. as it at least sounds like its involved with something similar to what you ask..

Edited by ShadowTek, 03 January 2012 - 08:10 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

as some combination of items lets you learn more spell then you see.. that is if you have more spells of a level then you see..

You might have missed it totally because your GUI doesn't show the fact, but you can scroll at least one side of the spell memorization window WITH TobEx... but not without it.

What 10th is saying has nothing to do with the memorization, but selecting the spell after you right click the quick spell slot in the main game window(where you move the character too).

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

What 10th is saying has nothing to do with the memorization, but selecting the spell after you right click the quick spell slot in the main game window(where you move the character too).

Erm, no.

What I'm saying is:

ToBEX enables you to scroll the right side of your spell book, be it arcane or divine, where your known spells are located.
This enables you to memorize spells that were inaccessible prior to ToBEX, as they were outside the clickable/visible area in the spell book.

Due to various mods the spells available for memorization for a Ranger-Cleric combo at spell level 6 number 35 spells. Which translates to 9 rows, that I should be able to access by using the scroll feature of ToBEX.
Unfortunately, I can only access 8 rows, as I'm unable to scroll further down.

I can access those omitted spells, BUT ONLY IF I disable some other spells via exclusion flags in Near Infinity. Which defeats the purpose of having a scrollable spell book for lots of spells.

EDIT: After checking in-game, it also happens on any other spell level with more than 8 rows worth of spells.

10th

Edited by 10th, 04 January 2012 - 08:58 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

Lol, I can't do maths.
int nValues = pCre->m_KnownSpellsWizard[pWizSpell->currLevel].GetCount() / 4;
if (nValues % 4) nValues++; //should be pCre->m_KnownSpellsWizard[pWizSpell->currLevel].GetCount() % 4
  if (nValues < 6) {
    CUIButtonMageBook_KnownSpellOffset = 0;
  } else {
    CUIButtonMageBook_KnownSpellOffset = min(CUIButtonMageBook_KnownSpellOffset + 4, 4 * (nValues - 6));
  }

So, considering nValues is the number of rows. 35 / 4 = 8. 8 % 4 = 0. 8 rows.
Corrected: 35 / 4 = 8. 35 % 4 = 3. 9 rows.

Thanks for the find.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Just in case it gets fixed a new release, can I simply plop a new detoured.dll into my BGII - SoA folder?

Edit: with translates to 9 rows I didn't mean 9 full rows, but 8 rows at 4 spells each, and one "incomplete" row with 3 spells.
Moreover, that figure is by no means the maximum.

I only have TDD, CtB, DSotSC + NTotSC installed from the bigger mods. There are afaik a few more spell slinger mods out there.

Could you extend the scrolling to both sides of the spell book (spells known AND memorized spells)?

10th

Edited by 10th, 04 January 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

You can plop a new TobEx.dll into the game folder. detoured.dll isn't required anymore.
You might get some warnings with the latest test release, but that should be OK.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)