Missing Scripts with BGT Install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -TrancingBear-

-TrancingBear-

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hi All,

I just did a fresh BGT install using BiG World. Before starting a game I thought I'd look around at the files to see if things installed correctly and noticed that the DSotSC files seem sparse. For instance, Jet'laya has 3 dialog files (jetla, jetlaj and jetlap) each with between 2 and 8 lines. Even less for Keiria. What's more strange is that I don't see any scripts that manipulate the trigger variables, such as jetlasister. What's more, I can't find any .bcs files remotely matching the names of the NPCs in Near Infinity or DLTCEP, and when I look at the DSJETLA9 and DSKEIRI5 .cre files in DLTCEP the script fields are blank.

I'm guessing I have an install problem?

TB

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Hi All,

I just did a fresh BGT install using BiG World. Before starting a game I thought I'd look around at the files to see if things installed correctly and noticed that the DSotSC files seem sparse. For instance, Jet'laya has 3 dialog files (jetla, jetlaj and jetlap) each with between 2 and 8 lines. Even less for Keiria. What's more strange is that I don't see any scripts that manipulate the trigger variables, such as jetlasister. What's more, I can't find any .bcs files remotely matching the names of the NPCs in Near Infinity or DLTCEP, and when I look at the DSJETLA9 and DSKEIRI5 .cre files in DLTCEP the script fields are blank.

TB

Please post your weidu.log.
The DS NPCs don't actually have so many banters; have you installed the "expanded interparty banter" component (I'm not sure this is the name)?

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 -TrancingBear-

-TrancingBear-

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the reply! Weidu.log below. And yes, the interplay component is installed. FYI that I re-tried a fresh install last night with the same result. By chance does anyone know what the names of the NPC script files are?

Spoiler

Edited by Turambar, 07 January 2012 - 01:43 AM.
added spoiler tags, to make thread easier to read

#4 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi All,

TB

No, you don't have an install problem, that's just DSotSC being what it is. Those NPCs don't have a NPC-name script controlling any talks, quests or whatever - apart from CúChoinneach.
If Jet'laya had her own script, jetlasister would get manipulated.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#5 -TrancingBear-

-TrancingBear-

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Cool, thanks 10th. I guess I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Cheers!