Starting over

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 -Dahne-

-Dahne-

Posted 31 October 2003 - 03:52 PM

I'm not sure what happened. I thought all was sunshine and rainbows and making people think they squished their hamsters. But suddenly I realized, Tashia hasn't talked to me in a long long time. My flirt options were gone. Checking ShadowKeeper confirmed it: the honeymoon was over. Strange thing is, I don't remember her ever saying anything to me about not liking me anymore. I want another chance, but if I have to start the whole all over from scratch yet another time, I don't think me poor little heart could take it. Changing the RomanceActive variable doesn't work. It just resets as soon as I start the game up again. Is there any way to make it as though Tashia had never met me and whatever sordid incident that made her turn aside had never happened? I don't mind tarting the romance over, it's just the though of making up in Chateau Irenicus for the billionth time that makes me twitch a little.

#2 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 04:09 PM

Some of the events in the Tashia romance influence whether or not she'll enter into a romance with you. It's also possible you've entered a committed stage with one of the other girls; Tashia doesn't get catty so it's easy to end the Tashia romance without realizing it.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#3 -Dahne-

-Dahne-

Posted 31 October 2003 - 05:39 PM

I'm not in romance with any of the other three girls. They're not even in the party. I've got a whole bunch of mods installed, including Chloe and Kelsey. Everything's worked fine so far, but I really wouldn't be surprised if anything gets a little funky.

#4 zahratustra

zahratustra
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 03:57 PM

You can reset Tashia's romance in Shadowkeeper. Just edit "Tashiaromanceactive" from 3 to 1, make sure that "Tashiamatch" is set to 1 and you should be ok ("should be" is the key word here). Tashia's script apparently doesn't check for other romances very often (if at all). I have concurrent romance with Viconia and Jaheira and, inititially, "Tashiaromanceactive" went to 3 and "Tashiamatch" to 2 but I have changed them both to 1 and they stayed this way ever since. Still, I don't know about your case but in my game Tashia doesn't say a whole lot. Comparing to her, all the other NPCs are positive chatterboxes!!!!

p.s. can somebody familiar with the Tashia's scrip tell me what Global variable "Tashiainterestmatch" is all about???

#5 -Dahne-

-Dahne-

Posted 02 November 2003 - 07:33 PM

Ah, so Tashiamatch was the variable I was missing! Thanks very much!

#6 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 06:53 AM

You can reset Tashia's romance in Shadowkeeper. Just edit "Tashiaromanceactive" from 3 to 1, make sure that "Tashiamatch" is set to 1 and you should be ok ("should be" is the key word here). Tashia's script apparently doesn't check for other romances very often (if at all). I have concurrent romance with Viconia and Jaheira and, inititially, "Tashiaromanceactive" went to 3 and "Tashiamatch" to 2 but I have changed them both to 1 and they stayed this way ever since. Still, I don't know about your case but in my game Tashia doesn't say a whole lot. Comparing to her, all the other NPCs are positive chatterboxes!!!!

p.s. can somebody familiar with the Tashia's scrip tell me what Global variable "Tashiainterestmatch" is all about???

Thanks for giving the advice Zahratustra.

As for what the Tashia interest match is, I don't really know.

And the reason that you can romance Tashia with other modular romances is that she predates them by a good bit, and there was no programming involved to see if she was checking on whether you cheated on her or not. Note that Mirrabo did create some code in his Imoen romance that checks for Tashia, but that's it, I think.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#7 zahratustra

zahratustra
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 08:53 AM

And the reason that you can romance Tashia with other modular romances is that she predates them by a good bit, and there was no programming involved to see if she was checking on whether you cheated on her or not.  Note that Mirrabo did create some code in his Imoen romance that checks for Tashia, but that's it, I think.

Well, you learn something every day....I was under the impression that Imoen Romance mod was older than Tashia's... Not that I am complaining that she isn't a jealous type!!!

As for Imoen's mod checking for Tashia it shouldn't be a problem..... Tashia's romance takes so blooming long that you can have 6 kids with Nalia before Tashia will even notice that she isn't the only one!!!! :)

#8 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 12:28 PM

I do believe that Tashia is even older by a month or 6 weeks than Kelsey (I forget the thread I saw the age mentioned, but it wasn't by much Tashia was older).

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#9 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 11:08 PM

I dont think the Imoen Romance makes a check for Tashia after Imoen is in commitment state, as Ive said before I was able to run both romances concurrently without making adjustments to SK. I think the key is to get Imoen romance commited first (ImoenRomanceActive=2), before going to rescue Tashia in the cave as Tashia Mod does not check for Imoen romance.

So natural progression is: (SPOILERS)

- Exit Underdark
- Talk to Elhan
- Arilistan shows up takes Tashia
- Rest in Elvan forest (everyone is weary anyway)
- Imoen campfire cutscene occurs
- Next morning chase Imoen playfully (watersplash incident)
- Make your move w Imoen
- Assuming no other romances are set to 2 and Imoen romanced right
- ImoenRomanceActive set to 2
- Kill Arilistan and possesed Tashia
- Resurrect Tashia, accept her love (no check for Imoen romance)
- TashiaRomanceActive set to 2

No other checks occur but as stated Tashia remains quiet the rest of the way. Till TOB

#10 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, many of the dialogues I wrote (and either Camdawg or Maus will put into another Tashia) will give her something to say at least afterwards.

#11 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 10:47 AM

I dont think the Imoen Romance makes a check for Tashia after Imoen is in commitment state, as Ive said before I was able to run both romances concurrently without making adjustments to SK. I think the key is to get Imoen romance commited first (ImoenRomanceActive=2), before going to rescue Tashia in the cave as Tashia Mod does not check for Imoen romance.

Hmmm... I've tried to pull a similar trick, but that didn't work here. Perhaps I've got the order wrong.

From looking at some coding however, I do know that the Imoen Romance checks for a great many other romances, and I don't recall seeing any (if IMOENROMANCEACTIVE != 2) or something. I DID learn that there was something like a Chrysta romance (or something like that) which, even now, I haven't found anywhere.

#12 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:08 AM

Lord E, I probably should add that I installed Imoen rom. first then Tashia it should make a difference I would think.

#13 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 11:37 AM

Lord E, I probably should add that I installed Imoen rom. first then Tashia it should make a difference I would think.

Not to my knowledge. What I meant is the romancing order... I know for sure the Imoen romance checks your status with Tashia, but I don't know for sure when it does...