Photo

Killing a Lich

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hi, Im playing a BWP, BGT install.. and decided to use the cheat console to bring in a monster that was a good challenge and fun to fight (I was board, and wanted to test my party), well.. enter the Lich.. (I'm in BGI part of game ATM)

These things have spell sequencers and use time stop and tear you to pieces.. My party is all around 5-6th level, is it just impossible to beat a Lich at this level? This sucker smokes me like a cheap cigar almost before I can move, I'm just wondering what tactics you guys use to beat one..

Even if I have no business fighting one at this early of a level, I'm still curious how you beat one, cause I remember way back when in BGII where they still kicked my ass and usually reloaded a ton of times and would get lucky to win (with many dead) when I was higher level.

There one of the funnest monsters in the game (cause there so badass) so just wondering what strategy you experienced players have in dealing with one as the only strategy Ive ever had was pure luck lol.

Edited by ShadowTek, 09 January 2012 - 04:32 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot

#2 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Stay just out of visual range of the lich and send in weak summoned monsters one at a time. The lich uses his Timestop, Imprison and other big spells against your skeletons, wild dogs, etc. Once he's reduced to normal spells he becomes easy meat.

Some liches don't seem to use Timestop. Send in a Berserker -- they're immune to Imprison. Once the Berserker starts whacking the lich, the lich will focus on him, and your other characters can cast spells to strip away his immunities and magical resistance.

By the time your characters have reached higher levels and gained magical resistance they're usually able to withstand most of the nasty lich spells.

Berserkers are also great for taking out Beholders.

I most frequently played as a Berserker until I got bored with RPGs about three years ago.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#3 ShadowTek

ShadowTek
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Ok thanks for the advice :)
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Guides:
1. How to install BWP for newbies My Guide for Spellhold on installing the BWP Mega-mod.
2. How to Install Infinity Animations for newbies My step by step guide to installing this must have mod.

Main Stuff for BWP:
1. FAQ for the Megamods The Main Megamod FAQ
2. BiG World Project The Mega Mod Installer
3. BWP Mod List The most up to date Mod list for BWP installs

Cool Stuff:
1. Baldur's Gate Trilogy - This mod alows you to play BGI in the BG ToB engine
2. Throne of Bhaal Extender This mod adds new functions to BGT games
3. All Infinity Animations Mods This mod adds new animations to the game.
4. Widescreen Mod This mod allows you to play BGT in widescreen mod
5. Generalized Biffing This mod will speed up your game allot