• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

Well, this is what happens when we let Russians control our voting system.

But seriously, thanks for fixing any bugs. This thing has changed hands several times, and there are few mods that can't use a bit of improvement.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:09 PM

This topic needs a real updating of the first post.

The v3 is no longer v3, but a v3.95 ,,, according to the submit here at Spell Revisions ds.tph... :the imp toils like it cares: Like I really could care.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:17 AM

This is a fairly belated comment, because I mostly did it a year ago, but I've coded a new version of Detectable Spells (v4.0.1). You can download it from the SCS github repo (it's not in the most recent live release of SCS). Just put ds.tph somewhere in your mod folder structure, INCLUDE it, and then run the 'detectable_spells' function. It works on the EE games (though it's not all that sensitive to IWD) and on the classic ToB engine, with or without ToBEx.

This was a recode from scratch so I can't that easily describe fine-grained changes, but I think it's pretty solid (it's been loose in SCS and Ascension for a year or more without any bug being traceable to it). 

One of the main changes in this version is that it's radically easier to add detection effects to new spells, over and above the baseline ones included in ds.tph itself. But the use cases for that are relatively niche so ask me if you want them. (At the G3 version of this thread, for preference - I don't read this forum very often these days.)