NPC Portrait Pack Expansion

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#41 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

Someone make an Ellesime NPC with that portrait! It's too awesome to be scaled down into some small dialogue portrait! :woot: :Bow:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#42 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Just in case anyone didn't notice earlier:

post-37849-132684043061.jpg ======> post-37849-132694067295.jpg

Left is fangless, but pretty untidy. Right is cleaned up a little.

Edited by William Imm, 19 January 2012 - 07:41 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#43 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Alright, guys. We're putting the Bodhi debate to rest once and for all. First of all, there will be no more editing of Bodhi's portrait unless it's done by myself or MiLeah. Second of all, since the debate is "classy lady?" (preferred version) or "bloody vampire?" (Bioware default) you're getting both.

As you might have extrapolated, MiLeah and I collaborated to make the new portrait. The improvements are pretty much all her doing. :)

Posted Image Posted Image

#44 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Fantastic work :o Huge thanks to you Enkida and MiLeah for the alternate!

EDIT: I mean like.. really good. The bone structure and the mouth is perfectly sculpted.

Edited by Dakk, 20 January 2012 - 07:52 AM.

#45 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

The image with the fangs is the best representation I've ever seen :D

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#46 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

Seriously - awesome job on Bodhi, Endika and MiLeah. I especially like the "classy lady" version - really nice to look at, compared to the Bio version.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#47 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

I like the classy lady! Maybe it need a bit of smoothening, but still - it's amazing! :cheers:

#48 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Sendai:

Posted Image

Face by madqueenstock, outfit by mizzd-stock, circlet by La-Esmeralda-stock

Edited by Enkida, 20 January 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#49 Illidan

Illidan
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

Yeah Sendai is incredible! your work is really impressive.
Also, the new Bodhi is very well detailed, thank you for your beautiful portraits, I am eager to see the others!

#50 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

I like the classy lady version a lot!

I know the Bioware default is all messy & such, but since *no one* in the Bioware NPC party uses the "V" word about her, it seems like we're not supposed to notice what she is--which is a tiny bit hard when she comes along in a graveyard *with* blood all around her mouth & all.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#51 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

I'm still looking for a Yaga Shura model so I went to the hardest redo portrait on my original NPC list. The fox thing. This has got to be the weirdest portrait I have EVER done, EVER. I can't say it was an enjoyable experience because I'm not an anthropomorphic fan. However. I will not stand to have an anime portrait in my BWP override folder for ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Full stop.

This portrait can go two ways. It was originally labelled "Kari the Kobold" which is freaky because the mod Kari has nothing in common with Forgotten Realms kobolds, which actually look like crocodiles with horns. There was a very specific direction to make her look like a red fox, though, so there she is as per MOD description. (Also, Cleric of Sune? Really?)

This can also double as a Moddie the Vixen 1-day-NPC portrait, because that one is a female were-fox. The default portrait, while hilarious, is actually a raccoon. So if you really feel the need to play a 1-day fox npc, now you got a portrait.

This one I am not touching again, because anthropomorphic. Conceptual blerg! Ask if you're going to tweak it, I will probably say yes.

Posted Image

#52 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

Enkida,
the Sendai portrait is very nicely done, I can appreciate the artistry. But isn't she um.. very androgynous? I thought it was a male drow with lipstick first :blush:

#53 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:18 AM

It's a female drow, it's a female stock model, and it's a lot more feminine looking than the default Bioware portrait. Don't believe me? Check it out in the first post. ;) Thanks for the feedback though!

#54 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:55 AM

For the Sendai portrait (and this applies to all elves), it would be nice to see the facial features a bit more "angular," to represent the elf characteristic of having longer, narrower, and sharper facial features than humans. I'm guessing that this could be done with shading, but it might require more than that, I don't know. As it is, the portrait posted above is beautiful :)

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#55 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

... it would be nice to see the facial features a bit more "angular," to represent the elf characteristic of having longer, narrower, and sharper facial features than humans.

First of all, thanks. :) Second of all, I want to say, I think you have a very valid critique. I know I don't make my own elves slant eyed and slim jawed as per Forgotten Realms lore, and there's a pretty simple reason for it: I always thought Viconia's portrait looked better than Aerie or Jaheria's portraits, and I didn't like the look of any of the original BG1 elven portraits. So I lose the lore on purpose. ;) It's definitely a matter of taste, though - I like having elves with human features, rather than changing human features to look elvish. If you find yourself tweaking portraits for your personal use to look more elvish, I really don't mind - I just don't want to see those works reposted on a public forum for a variety of reasons, the main one being running around re-informing the stock artists of new works with their stock.

Anyway, I do apologize for not accommodating, but I hear and understand you there. :)

#56 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

Enkida, I appreciate your response. As you said, a matter of taste :) I like Elves to be distinct and exotic in appearance (beyond their ears, that is). I know that not everyone cares for the subraces of the Forgotten Realms, but hey, that's the campaign setting for the BG stories, so... ;) In the end, there are many ways to represent a character, and I agree with those who've commented that personality should be the most important aspect of a mod NPC.

Up the variety!

#57 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

I like your work on Illasera , she looks rather mad which works well with the character . Good work with Bodhi I prefer the "Classy Lady " myself. the pic is far better then blurry bioware pic. As for Kari , the portrait is far better then orginal one and well done for tackling such a difficult character .

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#58 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Alright, guys. We're putting the Bodhi debate to rest once and for all. First of all, there will be no more editing of Bodhi's portrait unless it's done by myself or MiLeah. Second of all, since the debate is "classy lady?" (preferred version) or "bloody vampire?" (Bioware default) you're getting both.

As you might have extrapolated, MiLeah and I collaborated to make the new portrait. The improvements are pretty much all her doing. Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

She looks like a dude now! (Like Robert Pattionson playing Edward Cullen, to be exact)

#59 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Thanks Oracle, I appreciate it! This is actually just a heads up post, I got double-dog dared by MiLeah to do another Kivan portrait anyway, so stack it on the list. And thank her if you wanted to see Kivan and I had rejected the request. :lol2:

Almateria - she looks like a dude in Bioware's portrait, too. :ROFL:

Edited by Enkida, 24 January 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#60 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thanks Oracle, I appreciate it! This is actually just a heads up post, I got double-dog dared by MiLeah to do another Kivan portrait anyway, so stack it on the list. And thank her if you wanted to see Kivan and I had rejected the request. :lol2:

Heh - that was one of MY requests actually. Both the Bio BG1 and the alternative portrait are OK, but I really wanted something more from the elf murder machine archer - would be nice to see your version of him