• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

[Edit] This thread marked Done as Nix has agreed to complete the project. [/Edit]

1. Are you looking for original art, photoshopped art or a portrait edit?

Portrait edits.

2. Male or female? What race, age and character class, possibly alignment?

Female elf, 134 years old (20 years into adulthood; elves retain their physical appearance after reaching maturity), ranger (specialty priest of Mielikki), NG.

3. Describe the character's features (face, eyes, hair, clothing, etc)

Please see this for a detailed description, and the image below.

4. What color preferences do you have (skin, eyes, hair, armor, clothing, etc)?

For vampire portrait, only the skin tones should be changed to give a deathly pallor, and fang points to complete the effect. She could be dressed in her armor, or in some garb that's consistent with the game's vampires.

For drow portrait, skin should have the look of obsidian, with hair either stark white or silvery. She could be dressed in her armor, or in some drow chainmail and a cloak of dark shades. No hood or helmet or the like.

5. Would you like a weapon, a spell effect or an item to be shown in the portrait? If so, what kind?

She never removes her unicorn pendant.

6. What kind of a background would you like?

For vampire portrait, a background that would suit Bodhi's lair area (dimly-lit crypt) would be ideal.

For drow portrait, a background that would suit the Underdark, please.

The background need not be finely detailed.

7. What kind of an expression would you like the character to have? Dangerous, happy, serene, mysterious, playful, sad, etc etc?

The drow portrait should have a serious, distainful look, as though she feels she's superior to those around her.

The vampire version should have a cold, menacing gaze.

8. Do you have a portrait you would like to be used as a model/reference picture (for pose, expression, looks, colors, etc...)? Post it here if you have!

Behold Erysseril's portrait set, by Nix:

epmel6h.jpg epmel6m.jpg epmel6s.jpg

9. Should the artist post the portrait here, or PM or email it to you?

Whatever is convenient for you is convenient for me smile.gif

10. Any deadlines?

Nope.

11. What game and what mod is this for?

BG2 - SoA (with or without ToB; mod includes ToB content), for Erysseril Gwaethorien joinable NPC mod.

12. Anything else you'd like to mention?

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#2 MiLeah

MiLeah
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

:whistling:

Edited by MiLeah, 28 January 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#3 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

CAN I MAKE HER HAIR FLAMING RED AND HER SKIN GREEN CUZ THEN SHE'D BE A PERFECT STAND IN FOR SHYHINWORUNTO CHENDE AWW C'MON MAN

... sorry, hehe, couldn't resist it. ;-) I have to say, these look great, especially her armour! I like how you changed her vampric expression very much too. :-) One thing I would suggest is to desaturate her vampric armour a little bit, though, because the bg has changed in that picture, and also vamps tend to chill with their people at night. So dulling up the armour to reflect the locale change might look nice. :)

#4 MiLeah

MiLeah
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

ize now rite?!?!?1111111

LOL. :ROFL:
Anyway, you know how I lurve me some saturation. But good call. The change was made.

#5 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

MiLeah, your work is beautiful, and shows exactly what I want the portraits to represent...each a distinct look...and I seriously LOVE the armor and accessories :D BUT...

The face is nothing like Erysseril's features, so I can't use this set for her. Please see this description for my vision of Erysseril's face and hair.

I'd love to see a version of the above three portraits using Erysseril's existing face and hair as a guide, but original artwork is fine as well, provided a "normal" version of her appearance is included, as you did in the example you posted. That way, I'll end up with a new alternate portrait set for Erysseril in the bargain, and I do love alternate portraits :)

So, MiLeah, if you have the time and the inclination, I'd be overjoyed if you could have another go at this! (and implicate...er, I mean credit you in the mod's readme file). All your coloring and shading looks wonderful!

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#6 MiLeah

MiLeah
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Um, alright. I'll take them down then. ^_^

#7 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

Trying hard not to feel that I'm too picky...those portraits were really outstanding, and would probably work for Erysseril with some additional refining of the face, ears, and hair. Otherwise, tailoring them to a different NPC mod would rock! The artwork is too good not to be used.

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#8 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:18 AM

Please see this for a comparison of head structures between humans, half-elves, and elves.

#9 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hey there, Eric! Not sure if you remember, but you sent me a message and asked me to do this a while back. Does this topic mean you'd prefer someone else to do it instead? Perfectly cool if that's the case... I only wanted to make sure that multiple people's efforts aren't being spent doing the same thing :)

#10 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey there, Eric! Not sure if you remember, but you sent me a message and asked me to do this a while back. Does this topic mean you'd prefer someone else to do it instead? Perfectly cool if that's the case... I only wanted to make sure that multiple people's efforts aren't being spent doing the same thing :)

Not at all, dude!!! I was hoping to hear from you about it, and if you're still willing and able to do this, that would be perfect, as you're somewhat familiar with the existing image ;) If so, TIA and I'll mark the thread completed.

#11 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

In that case, I should be able to do it. In fact, I should probably have something for you fairly soon. (Truth be told, I started on this a long time ago and it has been sitting about 90% complete on my computer for months - waiting for me to get off my unmotivated arse, wipe the half-inch of dust off that old PC and complete it)

I haven't been to this site in a while as I have only intermittent Internet access (sneaking this post in from work ;)) so the whole thing kind of slipped to the back of my mind until I wandered by here today!

#12 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Fair enough, and may I say that you rock mightily, sir!
Should you need it, you can always contact me at "thustar at yahoo dot com".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Erysseril, NPC, Portraits