Photo

[BUG] BGT 1.13 - Wrong area

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LosBadylos

LosBadylos
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hey guys, I gotta lot of fun with this mod, so big thanks to the authors. I ran into a really nasty bug and I'm sure it's BGT fault, because I checked it myself and installed only BGT.
Okay, here's the problem: In Cloakwoods area 4 when I enter the wyverns cave I'm appearing in TOTALLY different area, some kind of a maze. There are no wyverns so I can't get quest item to keep Coran in my team. Oh, and the code of this area is AR8501, check it yourself. I would be veeery grateful for some kind of a fix, I'm a little upset beacause of my stupidity. I thought I installed something wrong and I reinstalled my whole mega installation again. You can imagine my face when I ran into the same bug >_>

I hope it'll catch your attencion, can't wait for a fix.

Edited by LosBadylos, 27 January 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Lol, that's pretty bad. Will fix, thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 LosBadylos

LosBadylos
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks mate :)

Edited by LosBadylos, 27 January 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

Any chance Asc to have a fix for those having 1.13 version please?

Tx,
mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#5 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Someone will need to post the BGT version 1.12's data/area8500.bif file.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

AR8501 is the correct area code for the Cloakwood wyvern's cave (legacy ar4501 according to the map).

Edit: but there should be two full-grown wyverns and 3 baby wyverns there, in the unmodded game anyway.

Edited by Miloch, 31 January 2012 - 12:27 AM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

Someone will need to post the BGT version 1.12's data/area8500.bif file.

I should have an install with that version (hopefully ... the one where i also have to check the W2K version for TobEx :P) ... so is it sufficient to copy it in my override folder?

tx,

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#8 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

As just over 30 MB are over the limit for one file, I 7zipped it and it's downloadable at this mediafire link.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#9 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

Edit: but there should be two full-grown wyverns and 3 baby wyverns there, in the unmodded game anyway.

But in the wrong area they ended up behind a wall

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#10 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

You put the .bif into your data folder.

--------------
Retired Modder

#11 snepp

snepp
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

The .bif download is coming through corrupt. Downloaded twice, tried opening with winrar and 7zip. Are there any alternative fixes?

Finally got a usable copy of the .bif downloaded and it appears to have worked.

Edited by snepp, 03 February 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#12 -filip-

-filip-

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

where did u find it?i need it also

#13 snepp

snepp
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

10th posted a link to it a few posts up the page.

#14 -ManInBlack-

-ManInBlack-

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

Hey!

I am currently playing with BGT 1.13 installed and I encountered the same bug - does someone still have a working link for the fix? I would really like to complete that Wyvern quest...

Thanks!

#15 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

The working link for the fix is to use BGT 1.15.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#16 ManInBlack

ManInBlack
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

The working link for the fix is to use BGT 1.15.

This is not true - I just need to replace the file "area8500.bif" from someone who had BGT v1.12 installed as mentioned in above posts.
Please, do not post such posts as I am well aware that reinstalling and playing from the beginning would correct this bug.

Regards.

#17 ManInBlack

ManInBlack
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

I have got the file from a friendly user from another forum, will report back in the morning and if someone wants the file I'll upload it!

Edit: here's the link if someone needs it http://db.tt/DD7PRpZi

Edited by ManInBlack, 15 July 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#18 -ancalimohtar-

-ancalimohtar-

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have got the file from a friendly user from another forum, will report back in the morning and if someone wants the file I'll upload it!

Edit: here's the link if someone needs it http://db.tt/DD7PRpZi

Thank you very much! I encountered the same bug and this fixed it, thanks for keeping it online!