Strings from BG1 & BWP expert testing needed: Towards DSotSC 216

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

The new version of BGT (v113 and 114) has changed the installation process a lot, enabling installation on Linux and MacOSX (through wine) and improving the biffing process.

It has already been tested for some time, but it would still be useful if someone could perform a Big World expert installation using the latest beta (can be found in this forum), and tell me the results.

Now, it's time for DS as well to be updated. So, I've prepared an update to DSotSC which only contains minor content changes (just a pair of fixes, mostly the ones which are currently inside my mod), but a great improvement in the installation code.

There are some "optional strings" (ie, the game will still install, with just some English replacements if you install one optional component on TUTU): they are fromExtended NPC soundset; they're only relevant for TUTU and you can find their translation somewhere in the BG1 .tlk file.
If you have BG1 in Polish, please let me know; here are the instructions for how you can extract the strings from the game, in order to extract the correct ones for the soundsets.
Here is the file: Attached File  soundset.tra   7.96K   272 downloads

Translations into other languages are of course appreciated, but will need a full translation; please tell me if you are interested.

PS: I've not forgotten NTotSC, but that mod requires much heavier bug fixing, and will probably require quite a long time

Edited by Turambar, 26 February 2012 - 01:21 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#2 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'm in for Linux testing (WeiDU system-wide), on a BGT in French language platform (I know that DSOSC is not translated in French).

I suppose you plan to integrate the fixes that are currently shipped with the Big World Fixpack sooner or later?
French translator of: BG2 FixPack, BG2 Tweaks, Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, BGT-Tweaks and some minor mods.

#3 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

I suppose you plan to integrate the fixes that are currently shipped with the Big World Fixpack sooner or later?

They should have all been included or treated somehow

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg