Interjections interrupting the dialogue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Zoe-

-Zoe-

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi!

After a major break up with BG, I wanted to go back to my old save with Faren in the party. Unfortunately, I'm getting an irritating bug - at some points, when Faren cuts in, the dialogue stop. I managed to avoid it a couple of times by leaving him behind when talking to certain NPCs (like the Imnesvale Mayor), but sometimes it's not possible (like the first encounter with Bodhi). I'm not sure when this started - I reinstalled the system some time ago without reinstalling the game (I rrreally don't want to - BGT...), but I think I got this bug earlier. Neither reinstalling the mod nor the magic "L" button did anything.Can you think of a way to get rid of this without starting a completely new game? My current save is a BGT one, so that would be a shame...

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

It sounds to me like you do need to start a new game, unfortunately. The coding looks fairly sound to me, I can't imagine why it would break the dialogue. Sorry!

#3 -Zoe-

-Zoe-

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

Thanks for the reply!

After endless hours of torment, I finally managed to fix this by replacing the dialog.tlk which a dust-covered backup and reinstalling all the mods. Which is funny as hell, because my aversion to making backups is almost like a medical condition. I wouldn't copy a system file or registry, but dialog.tlk had to be kept safe! Shows what's important to BG players :D

I think I recall hiding Faren somewhere so that he won't interrupt my dialogue with Aran Linvail and I haven't got there yet... meaning that I had this problem earlier and possibly that was why I started a new game in the first place. But since I'm alone in this, I guess there's something wrong with my game.

Anyway, replacing the files seems to fix it... I haven't run into any problems so far, so hopefully I didn't mess anything else while fixing Faren. Much Wuv to him and his authors, by the way! Cheers!