Kova, Kiyone and Lvl1NPCs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hello, Zyraen!

Would it be alright with you to add Kova and Kiyone to Lvl1NPCs? I'm in the process of rounding up permissions from a number of NPC mod creators whose NPCs are not yet included, trying to make the list as inclusive as possible. I also understand that Miloch asked you previously about this? Please note that Lvl1NPCs doesn't change any of the character of your NPCs. It's just to allow the player some flexibility in choosing kits and/or proficiencies. See this post for some more information.

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

Sure, but what do I need to do to support it ?
I create a Lv 1 version and include it inside my mod as an installable component?

Edited by Zyraen, 31 January 2012 - 04:42 AM.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:58 AM

No need to do anything special - your permission suffices :). It helps to list any special items or other files the NPCs have (as in this post) but I've looked that up for most NPCs, so no need to do so unless you have all that information handy.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

How do you all handle character Irregularities? The two characters each have their own odd Irregularity.

Irregularity as in
- if you made a Mage/Thief and used Ctrl-Shift-8 to max at 18 in all stats, then assigned Proficiency / Skill Points out, it would not be possible to arrive at Kova's starting stats at his starting Level (think its 6/7 in the game)
- likewise for creating Kiyone from a standard Archer char

Edited by Zyraen, 31 January 2012 - 05:26 PM.

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Mmm, not quite sure what you're asking. Your NPCs have skills or proficiencies above and beyond what they would if someone leveled them up from L1 (with all their XP)? Or do they have special skills (like innate abilities)? The latter, we should be able to account for automatically. If there are other special things, I can account for those too (if necessary) but I need to know what they are. In general though, I think it matters very little, as most NPCs have special things, and people just use the mod to make small tweaks for the most part, without disrupting other aspects of the NPCs.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Your NPCs have skills or proficiencies above and beyond what they would if someone leveled them up from L1 (with all their XP)?

Exactly. I'll drop you a PM soon, Miloch! :)